follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-19-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Unused Parts Give Away

I had too many parts and mods to do. Just hit a wall of over complication and decided to stop. So wanted to just give away all the left overs. Instead of selling them just going to give it away for those who are on this forum or follow our video non-sense.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ASWQIZP6yE[/ame]

Requirements:
  1. Give us feedback on our videos or just post car story about your vehicle past or present and what vehicle ownership means to you. It can be absurd, funny, serious or you can post a video.

We pick best comments and will contact you when done to ship your the parts free of charge. No sign up, no drama or spam, no mailing lists.

You can comment on youtube here or on the FRS forums here:

Two Giveaways:

1. Trans Positive Shift Kit
Perrin Rear Shifter Bushing
Whiteline KDT926 Trans Bushing

2. Powerslot Rear Slotted Rotors

Link to Products that are given away:
http://perrinperformance.com/i-13324...-fr-s-brz.html
http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=KDT926
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/stop...rotor-164.html
Attached Images

Bach415 (03-21-2015), Bonburner (03-19-2015), chaoskaze (03-19-2015), cjd (03-23-2015), Ghost of Akina (03-26-2015), Jaden (03-20-2015), Ornelas66 (03-20-2015), phobos512 (03-20-2015), whtchocla7e (04-10-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
haha will do
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
ihaskrayon
The Comedian

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Video was 10/10. Would watch again.

I use my car to drift wildly around playgrounds near elementary schools. I calculate a score based on the results.

10 points - Adults
20 points - Children ages 10-15
30 points - Children ages 5-10
Bonus points based on a string of run overs.

Best score to date: 1900
ihaskrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ihaskrayon For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Bonburner
6/22/12-2/6/24

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S M/T Argento
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Already liked you guys and now more for doing a give away haha
I remember your review of the FR-S with your turbo friend from a while back and I thought it was rather enjoyable and valuable considering how every car review put the 86s on a pedestal

and it is nice watching an adult that isn't really giddy or different accent as I'm used to
especially nice to watch someone that isn't a kid and (seemingly) mature haha

keep on posting videos and such since not too many videos points out the things you prefer to point out/emphasize

I do want those transmission bushings pretty badly though ~
Old 03-19-2015, 02:13 PM   #5
fika84

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Owning a vehicle is like going to the strip club. The first time you get your jolly's off by simply being engulfed in the environment. But it gets harder and harder to get satisfaction from that day forward. More and more money, more and more time, more and more goodies, until finally one day you realize something... It's not even about the ladies, I mean they don't even really give you anything!! It's about the goodies and the way it makes you feel to watch a girl in only high heels tell you that she is only doing this to get through school... for the 1000th time.
fika84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
BlackMonarch

Drives: Red BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great video, guys. I'll throw my comment in for giggles, who knows?

I use my car as a day to day driver, unless it's snowing or complete crap out, and then my old war horse Cherokee gets driver duty. When it's decent out, driving down the highway the windows down makes me smile. The way this car handles is sublime, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Luckily, my daily drive is about 30m each way, so I get some solid seat time. But the highway isn't all it's cracked up to be in a little car like this - Twisty back roads are my domain. Now, being in the middle of the country, there's not a whole lot of those, but I cherish the few I've found around my locale, and I drive the absolute hell out of them.

I do try to do so safely, making sure no one else is on the road in an initial run, and then going from there. And boy does she shine in that capacity - And not only does this make me happy, but it's also stress relief from my job.

Sure, tech support isn't terribly stressful, but sitting all day, dormant, looking at car parts and forums drives me crazy. And so when I get the chance, we drive hard through the back road twisties.

That said, I do try to do all my own work on the car - Exhaust from the headers down, my intake, my wheels and tires, my head and tail lights. Mostly done over the winter while she was garaged on the worst of days.

All in all, I strive to be as fantastic of an owner as my car is fantastic of a car.
BlackMonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackMonarch For This Useful Post:
MightyMeeple (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
sardarg

Drives: '14 Subaru BRZ Limited
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
You guys really helped me decide on getting an FR-S. Initially I was skeptical because I always thought it was underpowered, but after watching your videos and giving it a test drive, I decided to buy one. I was also considering the miata and s2000 and liked how you compared all of them in one of your videos. I'm looking forward to these being my first mods on my brand new FR-S.

Keep up the goodwork!!
sardarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #8
h8meh8ers

Drives: 2014 FR-S
crazy that you're doing a giveaway like this, but still greatly appreciated! Been a fan of your videos ever since your first FR-S review. At the time I didn't own one, so I tried to take in as much content as I could. Your reviews and videos are a great blend of information and special type of humor that you don't see too often on youtube videos. Regardless of the outcome of this contest, I'll still remain a loyal follower of your content. Hope all is going well with the Mazda 3 and your S2000! Can't wait to see more from you guys soon.

-Shawn
h8meh8ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 PM   #9
CatDaddysBBQ

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Found your videos while searching for non-sugar coated reviews of the FR-S. Your series on the car was brutally honest, hilarious and relevant. I figured, if this grumpy little man can't find anything more to complain about, I'll buy one. Also loved all of your other goofy ass videos.

So a year later I met you at an autoX day, and you were super nice, totally funny and helpful. Fan for life (and apparently an ass kisser for just as long).
CatDaddysBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #10
BatStig
Some say.....

Drives: 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanks for all that you guys have done. The bit I appreciated the most was your oil pressure testing. Between you and Element Tuning this forum should have a damn good idea of what is needed.

My wallet, however, did not appreciate your Essex Sprint kit review. We're still not on speaking terms.

How's Turbowski?
BatStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #11
FRSfan111
Sideways and smiling!

Drives: First 86 FRS 5/8/2012 (second US)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Always liked the vids. Especially the frs vs s2000 vids.
Lots of great reviews, information and honestly I felt it was a proper comparison. Especially liked the track parts since I track my frs myself.

I'd love the bushing kits. Actually next on my list after LCAs

My frs is my dd/weekend warrior and hauls my one year old around. I also like to right mini reviews myself. Always like to talk shop to fellow drivers around town and meets. Also love being able to actually show data via harries lap timer showing my times getting better and more consistent. I drive nowhere in the snow though lol.
FRSfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #12
rushofmusic

Drives: '15 Ultramarine FRS
Garage
Your videos are great! I remember coming across yours (easy username to remember haha) when I was researching FRS videos like a madman before I bought mine this past January.

For me, vehicle ownership (especially with this car) is an expression of personality. I think this car is ridiculously fun but is easy to keep in check unless you want to go completely wild.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #13
RJasonKlein

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I've been a fan for a long time and you, no doubt, played a pivotal role in my decision to buy an FR-S. I was getting ready to test drive the car at the dealership when I found one of your early reviews on YouTube - long before I even knew this forum existed. I liked to you right away, enjoyed the funny and intelligent commentary, and couldn't help but notice that it looked like you were driving around in the suburbs of Chicago - just like me! I liked the video enough to check out some of your other uploads and found the absolutely insane video you made with friends about the gay couple working with a real estate agent to buy a house - it was pretty obvious that there was some pent-up creativity in you and that you were totally unhinged...and I loved it! My girlfriend and I absolutely cracked up and when I watched one of the characters slide down the stairs shouting 'Ohhh...I'll shit on your ****!', I shit out a booger myself! I even made a comment on YouTube on that very thing right on the spot.

You and Turbowski always entertained, making videos that were smart, increasingly well produced, and fun. It seemed like you were living the life I wanted to live, but didn't really know how to do it myself - I don't have the tools or the garage (I live in a condo), I don't have the mechanic and SCCA member friend to help me, and (despite being an SCCA and BMW CCA member myself) I've never managed to get out on the track, either. You seemed like someone I'd like to hang out with, and I've said so here on this forum...and I was personally saddened when you sold your car.

Yeah man, I'm a fan. You've added a lot to the community and had fun while doing it. I don't need the parts, so I'd rather you give them to someone who does - I just wanted to say thanks for the good times.
RJasonKlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:15 PM   #14
phobos512

Drives: 2014 FR-S 6MT Whiteout
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
So I don't remember how I found you guys originally - it was probably through here from one of the original S2000 vs. FR-S comparison videos you guys did. I found your irreverent nature right up my alley. I've watched many of your videos - I used your oil leak delete kit video when I installed my cam plate and yesterday I was watching your video on the direct injector seal fix from a few years back because it was the first evidence I have found of how to actually remove the fuel rail covers, which was totally awesome. Anyway, whether or not I win something, you guys have helped me out and I hope you keep going with it. I used to be concerned that you all were going to leave the community as for a bit there (and still occasionally) I'd catch the frustrations apparent in your commentary. But it looks like you're sticking around, if not to continue modding then to at least participate, and that's great.