follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-01-2019, 01:01 AM   #1
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with LTFT & STFT Stage 2 E85 OFT

So I’m currently running OFT Stage 2 E85 and My LTFT levels At Idle seem to be fairly decent my LTFT sits at 6.8% and my STFT at 0% but then once I step on the throttle just a tad bit and do normal driving, many times my LTFT Goes up to 8-9% and my STFT Go to around 5-6% sometimes even higher but then when I go WOT or around 70%+ throttle my LTFT Goes to 7.81% and STFT 0% which I know is decent but I don’t understand why sometimes when I normal drive my car is running lean? I’ve checked for exhaust leaks and I can’t find one. At first when I got the headers I heard like a hissy sound at the connection point from the header to the OP But a lot of ppl told me that it was the thinner metal of the aftermarket header that caused the sound because of the airflow. Also recently cleaned my MAF sensor and intake. So I was just wondering any ideas what it could be and how to fix it to run as close to 0% LTFT And STFT. I’m really new to some of this running stuff so I’m still learning. I also plan going FF soon maybe that will help? Thanks ahead of time guys!
juniorrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:52 AM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Read here

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64790

Pretty well ignore stft.

Ltft is average of stft over time period, its measured in several flow bands.

Fuel trims dobt mean you car is running rich or lean, fuel trim is the amount of correction the ecu is applying to attempt to hit its afr target at a load rpm range.

If you want to know if your rich or lean look at AFR and commanded afr

As your on E85 without flex senspr differing ethanol contents will see ltft change as ecu alters this to hit its fuel targets

Also read here

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69871

Then if your still kean look through the coloured links below
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:46 AM   #3
guybo
Huge E85 fan!

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,010 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
The LTFT will change with E85 content. Don't try to make it perfect, you're only going to damage something. Plus once you make it perfect on this tank, the next tank will change and you'll be off again.

Read all the stuff Steve99 said to.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
juniorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Read here

Pretty well ignore stft.

Fuel trims dobt mean you car is running rich or lean, fuel trim is the amount of correction the ecu is applying to attempt to hit its afr target at a load rpm range.

As your on E85 without flex senspr differing ethanol contents will see ltft change as ecu alters this to hit its fuel targets

Also read here

Ahhh I see thank you, And so range of AFR’s that are running too lean is higher then the targeted range and if it’s rich the. It’s less then the targeted range? Sorry I’m just trying learn a little bit here. Also do I shouldn’t be worried about my LTFT and STFT Going above 10% at times when I normal drive to mid range? I have a k&N drop in filter but idk if I would have to rescale that and maybe that’s why my fuel trims are kinda high at times?

Last edited by juniorrr; 04-01-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
juniorrr

Quote:
Read here

Pretty well ignore stft.

Also read here

Hey Steve I took 3 datalogs(Cruising, Daily Driving, and Daily Driving w/ WOT at the end) to show you and see your opinion if something is off, I noticed my LTFT are getting worse possibly... Thank you again man i appreciate your knowledge on this stuff.

https://datazap.me/u/juniorrr23/dail...t?log=1&data=1
Old 04-01-2019, 06:16 PM   #6
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr View Post
Hey Steve I took 3 datalogs(Cruising, Daily Driving, and Daily Driving w/ WOT at the end) to show you and see your opinion if something is off, I noticed my LTFT are getting worse possibly... Thank you again man i appreciate your knowledge on this stuff.

https://datazap.me/u/juniorrr23/dail...t?log=1&data=1

The afr looks ok
No knock or flkc

Fuel trims a little on the high side, could jist be high ethanol content e85 like over 80%

Is your intake stock ?
Old 04-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #7
juniorrr

Quote:
The afr looks ok
No knock or flkc

Fuel trims a little on the high side, could jist be high ethanol content e85 like over 80%

Is your intake stock ?
My intake is stock but it has a K&N Drop in Filter and also a Mishimoto Inlet Hose. I wonder if that could be the issue. Aside from Intake or Exhaust leaks what else would cause such high LTFT? So according the AFR's then im not running necessarily lean then?
Old 04-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #8
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr View Post
My intake is stock but it has a K&N Drop in Filter and also a Mishimoto Inlet Hose. I wonder if that could be the issue. Aside from Intake or Exhaust leaks what else would cause such high LTFT? So according the AFR's then im not running necessarily lean then?

afr looks fine

high positive ltft could osle mean high ethanol e85 ie over 75% or dirty maf sensor from over oiled air filters if its oiled
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
juniorrr (04-02-2019)
Old 08-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #9
Collin Long

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation Stg-2-Plus-E85 With K&N intake

I just got this tune on my car with a K&N typhoon intake and EL tomei headers and a invidia n1 catback, my ltft and stft seem high to me and I have some knock correction and flkc, should I be worried about this? I havent done any MAF sensor scaling, I am waiting until I get my front pipe and over pipe to get an E-tune, Is my intake causing these problems or could it be an exhaust leak or intake leak? I don't believe I have any.

https://datazap.me/u/collinlong/stg-...og=0&data=1-13

Last edited by Collin Long; 08-29-2021 at 10:33 PM.
Collin Long is offline   Reply With Quote