follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 11-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #17949
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have a stock head unit I can use to test on my system?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #17950
Shad0ez

Drives: 2013 Raven Black
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuns03 View Post
I get off work tomorrow after 8pm if you still need help let me know

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
I appreciate it. I'm not sure how long the install would take someone familiar with the process, but I'd definitely take you up on that if you aren't too tired after work. Seems like a long shift.
Shad0ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #17951
redsuns03

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Boosted w/ JDL v2.1
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0ez View Post
I appreciate it. I'm not sure how long the install would take someone familiar with the process, but I'd definitely take you up on that if you aren't too tired after work. Seems like a long shift.
If you can get @Ninjin or @SMOKETREES to help they do wonders on installs.
@Ninjin if you want to meet up, impact driver please lol

Old 11-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #17952
Bonks86

Drives: Gt-86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shadow View Post
Out of curiosity does anyone have a full stock suspension (springs and struts) they are willing to sell?

I do
Bonks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #17953
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shadow View Post
Out of curiosity does anyone have a full stock suspension (springs and struts) they are willing to sell?
I have stock springs for the low price of get them out of my garage.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #17954
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuns03 View Post
If you can get @Ninjin or @SMOKETREES to help they do wonders on installs.
@Ninjin if you want to meet up, impact driver please lol

I'm in Tucson for rallycross tomorrow. I should be back in Phoenix by 5 if you want to meet up then.

Sent from my GS4.
Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #17955
Tujin
ALWAYS CONNECTED!!

Drives: 13 FR-S PINK 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
What's up guys? Figured I'd drop in and update you guys. I was itching for some RWD goodness in my life, so I picked up a 93 240sx shell.

Installing an RB20 in it.

Tujin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tujin For This Useful Post:
Ninjin (11-08-2013), redsuns03 (11-08-2013), Yruyur (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #17956
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZWood View Post
my favorite part of that post is that shiv used STD correction from what i assume was to get it to tap 200WHP.

I wish we had a 100% stock car manual car goodspeed's dyno ggrrrr. I would love to see what brents gains were against a 100% stock.. Shiv was really only seeing 16% HP, 10% tq top, however its consistant through the power band which is nice (but i would assume on e85!!). Look at gain % not so much the actual numbers. Especially when someone is using a different correct. However it was nice of Shiv to at least admit he was doing it lol.

Brent was actually not too far off from this on 91 octane... His peak was ~18% higher than his street tune (not many revisions on that). But not so much in the mid range for gain. I am sure there was still a decent mid gain over 100%, but I imagine there was still something decent there. I would love to see brent's car on E85, i know he would be in the 200's. On just ~96 octane he almost tapped 200WHP. And yeah brents setup was more expensive but... E85 would have been included in what he purchased originally (i was egging him on to do E85 too!!! lol).

I wonder whats up with the no datalog stuff... I've been working on my own data logging project but I have been too tied up at work to finish. Hardware data logging, no computer needed. I hate the idea of having to plug in my laptop for spirited drives -.- once I get a little more progress ill probably make a thread with some info on the hardware, some code, and the gauge/display i am making.

You can also look into a tactrix cable, afaik it will log using romraider. the OBD stuff is kinda "meh" depending on how many parameters you want, i think i saw someone get up to 20-25 request/s (as in if you had 25 parameters you would get 1 update per second). If your only doing a few... you can get some okay polling. So if you want RPM, AFR, knock correction (not sure if this is pollable?), MAF and IAT you already only poll around every 200-250ms. Which would work for some general tuning but nothing too advanced. This is why people use higher speed polling through SSM via KLine / CAN Bus. Ecutek can log pretty quick... i am quite interested to see how fast SSM dumps to me once i get my hardware running.

This is why I am making my own setup. I thought about maybe porting it to a bluetooth adapter that torque etc could use as well for higher speed wireless logging.

Well... Back to the slave ship. Gotta get this project done so I can come back to the car world 0.0.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Cross (11-08-2013), redsuns03 (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #17957
Shad0ez

Drives: 2013 Raven Black
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjin View Post
I'm in Tucson for rallycross tomorrow. I should be back in Phoenix by 5 if you want to meet up then.

Sent from my GS4.
I'm down for wherever/whenever works best for anyone involved Would you guys recommend I wait for my lower control arms to come in or is that a pretty easy install that I might be able to do myself?
Shad0ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #17958
redsuns03

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Boosted w/ JDL v2.1
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0ez View Post
I'm down for wherever/whenever works best for anyone involved Would you guys recommend I wait for my lower control arms to come in or is that a pretty easy install that I might be able to do myself?
@Ninjin and I will be there. Message us the address my cell is 4805701806

Old 11-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #17959
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
my favorite part of that post is that shiv used STD correction from what i assume was to get it to tap 200WHP.

I wish we had a 100% stock car manual car goodspeed's dyno ggrrrr. I would love to see what brents gains were against a 100% stock.. Shiv was really only seeing 16% HP, 10% tq top, however its consistant through the power band which is nice (but i would assume on e85!!). Look at gain % not so much the actual numbers. Especially when someone is using a different correct. However it was nice of Shiv to at least admit he was doing it lol.

Brent was actually not too far off from this on 91 octane... His peak was ~18% higher than his street tune (not many revisions on that). But not so much in the mid range for gain. I am sure there was still a decent mid gain over 100%, but I imagine there was still something decent there. I would love to see brent's car on E85, i know he would be in the 200's. On just ~96 octane he almost tapped 200WHP. And yeah brents setup was more expensive but... E85 would have been included in what he purchased originally (i was egging him on to do E85 too!!! lol).

I wonder whats up with the no datalog stuff... I've been working on my own data logging project but I have been too tied up at work to finish. Hardware data logging, no computer needed. I hate the idea of having to plug in my laptop for spirited drives -.- once I get a little more progress ill probably make a thread with some info on the hardware, some code, and the gauge/display i am making.

You can also look into a tactrix cable, afaik it will log using romraider. the OBD stuff is kinda "meh" depending on how many parameters you want, i think i saw someone get up to 20-25 request/s (as in if you had 25 parameters you would get 1 update per second). If your only doing a few... you can get some okay polling. So if you want RPM, AFR, knock correction (not sure if this is pollable?), MAF and IAT you already only poll around every 200-250ms. Which would work for some general tuning but nothing too advanced. This is why people use higher speed polling through SSM via KLine / CAN Bus. Ecutek can log pretty quick... i am quite interested to see how fast SSM dumps to me once i get my hardware running.

This is why I am making my own setup. I thought about maybe porting it to a bluetooth adapter that torque etc could use as well for higher speed wireless logging.

Well... Back to the slave ship. Gotta get this project done so I can come back to the car world 0.0.
I would enjoy seeing your setup, if I had the ability to do some logging I could get started making changes. I too find myself wondering what the hold up is on Data logging but I already got shoes thrown at me for pushing the topic plus there are like 6 OFT threads if not more to try and watch now... Not having one central one makes me nuts.

I was thinking about grabbing that cable so I could get some form of logging to work from. I think I can get the results I want on E85 as well I just need to be able to see whats going on.

With his I know he has posted Gas runs too that was the thread where he used a mustang dyno that I was mixing up earlier. He is only getting to 156 I believe it was but it is much more consistent and the car really is better down low. However the ability to tune to environment and mods is whats going to push that further and right now you really cannot. (With OFT)

I honestly think no matter what the results will be different but I am willing to bet with a little time I can get 200 at the wheels on E85. I would like to get up to 175 with 91 plus octane booster but again that hings on me actually getting on the dyno and just being able to data log and make changes to compare. Just seeing where I am now compared to stock which I still have the tune for would be a nice start. He did give us Stock vs Stage 1 vs Stage 2 and it was again obvious but I would frankly just like to get in there on my own as well.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #17960
FR-Shadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonks86 View Post
I do
Pm sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
I have stock springs for the low price of get them out of my garage.
Sorry i need the struts too. otherwise i would.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #17961
4azcats

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (WRB)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thought I had figured out my starting problem with the pushbutton start after removing my other car's key fob from my key ring. Had no problems for about 5 days and then it started happening again. I will have to take it in to the dealer again after 86 Bash.

Also got a huge crack in the windshield today from a rock on freeway up here in Mesa so hopefully can get that fixed next week before 86 Bash.
4azcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #17962
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZWood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
I would enjoy seeing your setup, if I had the ability to do some logging I could get started making changes. I too find myself wondering what the hold up is on Data logging but I already got shoes thrown at me for pushing the topic plus there are like 6 OFT threads if not more to try and watch now... Not having one central one makes me nuts.

I was thinking about grabbing that cable so I could get some form of logging to work from. I think I can get the results I want on E85 as well I just need to be able to see whats going on.

With his I know he has posted Gas runs too that was the thread where he used a mustang dyno that I was mixing up earlier. He is only getting to 156 I believe it was but it is much more consistent and the car really is better down low. However the ability to tune to environment and mods is whats going to push that further and right now you really cannot. (With OFT)

I honestly think no matter what the results will be different but I am willing to bet with a little time I can get 200 at the wheels on E85. I would like to get up to 175 with 91 plus octane booster but again that hings on me actually getting on the dyno and just being able to data log and make changes to compare. Just seeing where I am now compared to stock which I still have the tune for would be a nice start. He did give us Stock vs Stage 1 vs Stage 2 and it was again obvious but I would frankly just like to get in there on my own as well.
There are also a number of other cables i think the VACOM cable is KLine and romraider can log on that iirc. I dont know how fast it polls as iirc its a slow connection but im fairly certain it will be better than ELM327 based adapters.

Also anyone with an ecutek cable should be able to log "most" of the main stuff. I know i logged brents before I had flashed it. It just didn't give me the option to log MAF voltage, but i didn't mess with it to see if i could with using another rom loaded (ecutek is weird like that).

And you can go E85 once you get logging if you know what your doing tuning. Im guessing you know a bit as you seem to be talking about making the changes your self. Just be careful, you can pass MBT on E85, best to test the max ignition on a dyno!
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum