follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #15
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
Maha dynos

only a few are in the states right ? they're not that popular over here ! ( correct me if im wrong )
Yup. I think three in the US now. They are just uber expensive... Dynojet is more of the standard over here in the US. I chose to tune on it due to being told it was extremely consistent between pulls. I was caring more about accuracy for my tune than numbers. Though I wanted to hit a dynojet once everything was done for final #'s comparable to what everyone else was dynoing on.

We put a bone stock auto transmission on it, he put down 127WHP. Innovate cars weren't even breaking 200WHP without E85 =x
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
Yup. I think three in the US now. They are just uber expensive... Dynojet is more of the standard over here in the US. I chose to tune on it due to being told it was extremely consistent between pulls. I was caring more about accuracy for my tune than numbers. Though I wanted to hit a dynojet once everything was done for final #'s comparable to what everyone else was dynoing on.

We put a bone stock auto transmission on it, he put down 127WHP. Innovate cars weren't even breaking 200WHP without E85 =x
They might be expensive, but a few tuners state that they barely need any maintenance and last a long time ! But also people say the mustang is pretty close to it

Sent from my IBrick
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #17
charged86

Drives: whiteout gt86 2015 IS350fsport
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Damnit! I wish i had hit a dynojet before my car turned into a paper weight... Someone finally passed me on WHP/TQ on the vortech kit. lol.

(I was 360/260 on a MAHA @ 11.5PSI)

Congrats!
Quote:
P.S. Is you belt slipping? Look at your boost plot.
Why paper weight?

And I see the boost graph is wavy but just think of how sensitive that gauge is. On the second pull I hit 16psi. I'm gonna say I'm not slipping. But heck Idk. Also this is the non hd bearing supercharger which is next. After a carbon drive shaft
Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #18
charged86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
, perfect ! i think you're the recored holder for the highest hp vortech.

When you stated pure e85 i thought something like c85 my bad
Oh no problem lol I need the inline e85 reader.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by charged86 View Post
Why paper weight?

And I see the boost graph is wavy but just think of how sensitive that gauge is. On the second pull I hit 16psi. I'm gonna say I'm not slipping. But heck Idk. Also this is the non hd bearing supercharger which is next. After a carbon drive shaft
My boost level used to jump up and down a bit too when my belt was slipping. Then after breaking 8 belts (i drive a lot, and i have a lot of "fun"). I finally got the right belt combo working. I made 307WHP with the same tune, same setup... but with a slipping belt. Then after my belt look how clean my boost plot was:

(I plotted the wrong damn numbers at the bottom of the chart... MAHA dyno's UI SUCKS to work with... it was 360HP/262TQ iirc)

And your plots aren't consistent between pulls either. What belt are you running? I was told by a lot of people that the 3.125" pulley wouldn't do much power in the high rpm, only low which sounded like a belt slip issue... I put on a 3.125" pulley and put down more HP than most the guys on the 2.87" pulley. P.S. I was on full stock exhaust, stock header, stock cat.

I was reading 11.5 PSI before as well. The more load i had the more consistent it was, the lower the load the less consistent. Looks like the higher speed revving would cause more belt slip. My first and second gear pulls were slower than my third and fourth gear. Just trying to help out in the case there is more power to be had!
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Brian@Vortech (12-06-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #20
nelsmar

And why paper weight? You can PM me and I can talk to you privately. That is still under speculation. But lets just say my car is on jack stands for the next few months.

Edit: There will a massive thread with full details in about a month with my car & build. I was holding off for a grand review of different things i was testing before starting a thread. And now with the recent events it will be making a change.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #21
charged86

@nelsmar. My belt isn't slipping. My pulls are consistent. +/- 7whp. Look at my other YouTube videos. The first two lower pulls were without a fan. And I think the is something wrong with your math. There is no way you made 360whp with the 3.125 and the stock exhaust. Flame suit enabled. Do you have a vid or just that maha dyno sheet
Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #22
nelsmar

Quote:
@nelsmar. My belt isn't slipping. My pulls are consistent. +/- 7whp. Look at my other YouTube videos. The first two lower pulls were without a fan. And I think the is something wrong with your math. There is no way you made 360whp with the 3.125 and the stock exhaust. Flame suit enabled. Do you have a vid or just that maha dyno sheet
I have multiple dyno sheets... multiple witnesses... logs during the dyno pulls. And I am sure the tuner has a video as well. Dez came and interviewed me and a number of us when my car was tuned. He drove my car when my belt was slipping. I was just trying to help out saying you may have even more power available. If you want ill gladly pm you info from my testing on belts.

P.S. none of that was designed to thread jack, be offensive, or anything. Ive broken more parts than probably most people on this forum and am pretty open about what i have done. And I keep logs & have been doing dynos whenever possible from testing. My next setup will have much more detailed info.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #23
charged86

@neslmar I was honestly under the assumption I'd hit atleast 380. But I have the standard blower I've been on the 2.87 for a few months maybe my blower is a little tired I really hope I'm not slipping but who knows if the dyno's boost reader is in consistent. My gauge in the car ramps up very smoothly (not fluttering) but that's a mechanical gauge. Maybe I should get a blue gates belt
Old 12-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #24
nelsmar

Quote:
@neslmar I was honestly under the assumption I'd hit atleast 380. But I have the standard blower I've been on the 2.87 for a few months maybe my blower is a little tired I really hope I'm not slipping but who knows if the dyno's boost reader is in consistent. My gauge in the car ramps up very smoothly (not fluttering) but that's a mechanical gauge. Maybe I should get a blue gates belt
stay away from the gates belt, which belt do you have? Like I said i just want to try to help out. If your on the "kit belt" still... then you must be really nice to your car lol. That lasted about 20-30 miles for me. But my climate is very aggressive.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
charged86

Ill have to go look. Its not the kit belt. I first drive to dynosty for my e85 tune on the 3.125. After they tuned it I wanted more power. So they overnighted and installed the 2.87. And at that point in time no one really knew the correct size. So dynosty tried several belts till they got the right size. Keep in Mind they have supercharhed multiple upon multiple vehicles. (Check their blog). So I am very confident I have the right size. They told me which belt months ago but I have forgotten and I'm in bed already. Yes I'm lazy
Old 12-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #26
jack43

Drives: Sterling Silver BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Nice numbers!
i am rocking the 2.87" and have seen 13psi on the FA20club vent gauge.
jack43 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack43 For This Useful Post:
charged86 (12-05-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #27
nelsmar

Quote:
Ill have to go look. Its not the kit belt. I first drive to dynosty for my e85 tune on the 3.125. After they tuned it I wanted more power. So they overnighted and installed the 2.87. And at that point in time no one really knew the correct size. So dynosty tried several belts till they got the right size. Keep in Mind they have supercharhed multiple upon multiple vehicles. (Check their blog). So I am very confident I have the right size. They told me which belt months ago but I have forgotten and I'm in bed already. Yes I'm lazy
Ah good just wanted to make sure. I had a vendor tell me incorrectly which size to use. A lot of people sport the blue racing belt and i wouldn't be surprised if it was slipping pretty bad.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #28
charged86

Quote:
Ah good just wanted to make sure. I had a vendor tell me incorrectly which size to use. A lot of people sport the blue racing belt and i wouldn't be surprised if it was slipping pretty bad.
Well to me its not slipping