follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #1443
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiebTech Performance View Post
This is the Stage 2 UEL map. 91oct fuel, and the full perrin intake tube and silicone inlet. I have been driving with this flash for over a month now. Just watching the AFR when I was driving and it seemed a little too rich. I compared this with the data on my friends Innovate car and it was more around 12.1-12.4 which is where Id like to be.

Sorry for the newbage shit, I'm still getting the hang of this tablet and using it with my Mac.
not sure if you have already done this but if you update your OFT to latest software

from here
http://openflashtablet.com/products/...ads/index.html

update open flash manager software to OFM - 1.07

then connect tablet to PC (connected to internet) and let it update
then install the new template file 124 as per instructions on web page above page.

your OFT will be able to log about 20 odd different parameters (only 12 at a time though) such as knock correction as well as KC learned and many other parameters such as fuel system status, injection mode,AFR and AFR commanded that will make it easier for you and @nelsmar

Last edited by steve99; 03-16-2014 at 09:23 PM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #1444
The Racers Line

Drives: FRS, Supra, Colorado D, GLC63
Thanked 1,515 Times in 532 Posts
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Did they just release it? I could have sworn I just updated it, but I believe it was to 123, so if its at 124 I will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
not sure if you have already done this but if you update your OFT to latest software

from here
http://openflashtablet.com/products/...ads/index.html

update open flash manager software to OFM - 1.07

then connect tablet to PC (connected to internet) and let it update
then install the new template file 124 as per instructions on web page above page.

your OFT will be able to log about 20 odd different parameters (only 12 at a time though) such as knock correction as well as KC learned and many other parameters such as fuel system status, injection mode,AFR and AFR commanded that will make it easier for you and @nelsmar
The Racers Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #1445
cjsporl1996
Banned

Drives: WRB BRZ, Monte Carlo SS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@shiv@vishnu

After to talking to a few people on the forums many believe that they are using the omni 2.5 bar map sensor found on the honda k series. I had it overnighted with an estimate delivery of Tuesday. If it works, I will post a datalog for you. Hopefully we can put our differences aside at this point. I appreciate both you and @nelsmar for your support.
cjsporl1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:21 AM   #1446
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsporl1996 View Post
@shiv@vishnu

After to talking to a few people on the forums many believe that they are using the omni 2.5 bar map sensor found on the honda k series. I had it overnighted with an estimate delivery of Tuesday. If it works, I will post a datalog for you. Hopefully we can put our differences aside at this point. I appreciate both you and @nelsmar for your support.
that also fits the honda k series***.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #1447
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
@shiv@vishnu

It's not belief, it is fact. I linked two sites for you over the weekend. I guess you missed it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foobar For This Useful Post:
cjsporl1996 (03-17-2014), nelsmar (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #1448
vgi

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
We are currently exploring the possibility of integrated our Procede computer with the OFT much like we do with BMW N54. This gives could potentially give us the same added functionality (real-time mapswitching, flex fuel, closed loop boost control, overboost protection, PWM methanol control, etc,.) As far as flexfuel goes, it reads the raw freq signal from the GM Flexfuel sensor ($75) so no additional control boxes would be required.

Our own shop car will likely be getting a turbo soon and such options will be evaluated

Shiv
is it this one - http://procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/tuner/tuner.html? if so will the pricing options be the same?
vgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #1449
vgi

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
I purchased a open flash tablet therefore I am a customer. I don't understand what you guys don't get that only 2 scales need to be changed. I purchased his product I would expect some sort of support. He told us that he would one day support FI and I was one of a few customers that decided to wait. Have you ever thought that maybe some people with existing vortech kits would like to use open flash. Oh and nelsmar and I both called vortech to kit a 2.5 map sensor part number. They couldn't give me an answer.
imo, you'd be better off selling OFT and getting a custom tune at say Prime Motoring.
550 dyno tuning
300 license
-430 OFT
total is about 420 extra for reliable FI custom dyno tune instead of OTS generic OFT tune
vgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #1450
BRZerk
Some guy in a white car

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
We are currently exploring the possibility of integrated our Procede computer with the OFT much like we do with BMW N54. This gives could potentially give us the same added functionality (real-time mapswitching, flex fuel, closed loop boost control, overboost protection, PWM methanol control, etc,.) As far as flexfuel goes, it reads the raw freq signal from the GM Flexfuel sensor ($75) so no additional control boxes would be required.

Our own shop car will likely be getting a turbo soon and such options will be evaluated

Shiv
So if you decide to go forward with the flexfuel option, you would not use the zeitronix ECA and actually use the GM sensor instead? I am just trying to figure out what my plans are. I just picked up a OFT but have a ecutek flex fuel kit i can get for a killer deal. i am wary of ecutek because of the high cost compared to OFT. gaaah

i guess here are my options. stick with OFT and hold out for flex fuel (which right now is still a maybe) or unload my OFT, pick up the FF kit, cable, license, AND tune.

Last edited by BRZerk; 03-18-2014 at 09:55 AM.
BRZerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #1451
Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZerk View Post
So if you decide to go forward with the flexfuel option, you would not use the zeitronix ECA and actually use the GM sensor instead? I am just trying to figure out what my plans are. I just picked up a OFT but have a ecutek flex fuel kit i can get for a killer deal. i am wary of ecutek because of the high cost compared to OFT. gaaah
If I am not mistaken, the GM one is made by Zeitronix.
Luckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #1452
BRZerk
Some guy in a white car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
If I am not mistaken, the GM one is made by Zeitronix.
all i want is OFT + FF. lol..

I am against ecutek because its just so expensive. I believe its worth it if going FI, but I will not be going that direction so yeah come on Shiv hook a brother up!

I don't want to have to flash back and forth all the time and worry about running the tank to E, or worry about lower ethanol % blends. I want to be able to fill and go as I please.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #1453
Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep

Garage
Quote:
all i want is OFT + FF. lol..

I am against ecutek because its just so expensive. I believe its worth it if going FI, but I will not be going that direction so yeah come on Shiv hook a brother up!

I don't want to have to flash back and forth all the time and worry about running the tank to E, or worry about lower ethanol % blends. I want to be able to fill and go as I please.
I think FF would be cool, but I run months on the same fuel so the switch isn't so bad. I have only gone 95->e85, e85->93, 93->e85.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #1454
BRZerk
Some guy in a white car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I think FF would be cool, but I run months on the same fuel so the switch isn't so bad. I have only gone 95->e85, e85->93, 93->e85.

yeah my problem is i only have a couple of stations that provide e-85 around me. so its not exactly convenient you know?
Old 03-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #1455
Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep

Garage
Quote:
yeah my problem is i only have a couple of stations that provide e-85 around me. so its not exactly convenient you know?
I know what you mean, there are 3 in about a 50 mile radius. I am just lucky that one is at the end of my road. I wish the stuff was more readily available everywhere.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #1456
Walla Walla
Hicas Thread Basher

Drives: Subaru BRZ 13, Hyundai Genesis 15
Garage
anyone able to understand if this log is good or bad?
i'm still trying to understand datalogging, any imput would be great

http://datazap.me/u/walla-walla/brz-...g=0&data=1-8-9

OFT stage 2, with 91 oct
Walla Walla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat overtemp