follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-11-2015, 10:36 PM   #85
Midarete

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shodan View Post
And this isnt as bad a problem as LEDs dying... As the driver Im hardly gonna get to see the tail lights operating, and I'd rather not have the local law enforcement inform me of it (esp. when Im sure they've heard "Oh really? Shit, didnt know!" excuse).
yeah that is true as well. I only heard of one case where Tom's LED were dying, is there a thread on that?
Old 05-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #86
shodan

Drives: MY15 Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midarete View Post
yeah that is true as well. I only heard of one case where Tom's LED were dying, is there a thread on that?
Unfortunately, yep:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1989729

My other choice is valenti's, and well yeah... Seems nothing is without issues ;P
shodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #87
Midarete

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shodan View Post
Unfortunately, yep:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1989729

My other choice is valenti's, and well yeah... Seems nothing is without issues ;P
That is a bummer :\ I really hope they fixed this issue considering this thread was a couple months ago.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #88
_Taylorgaaaang

Drives: 15' WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bringing this back up

Bought my Clear Usdm DOT Toms from ft86speedfactory about 4months ago, after seeing this thread I checked my lights and sure enough it's the passenger side melting on the top, so I email ft86SF and they send the warranty claim to Albert at Buddy club. After sending pics of the melting he send me a new passenger side and before even putting it on I notice it has the melting in the same spot as the old one. so I email him again and he sends me another one, I check this one out and it looks fine so I throw it on. Fast forward to a couple days ago and I check my tails and it's the same melting in the same spot on the same passenger tailight.
So I email Albert to see if I can just send both back and just get some sort of reimbursement ( get no response) then I email ft86speedfactory to see if they can reimburse me, they tell me they can't and it has to be the manufacture that does it. So they give me the number for Buddy Club and I call and tell the problem in having and ask if the can reimburse me, they tell me they can't either because they're not the ones who recieved the payment for the tailights. So now I tell the guys over at Ft86SF what the guy at buddy club just told me and still insist it has to go through the manufacture.

So pretty much don't know what to do already,any input would be nice.

hopefully Albert responds and see if I can swap these clears for some all reds since those don't seem to have this problem
_Taylorgaaaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #89
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I thought that Depo makes these tail lights? does Buddy Club own Depo?
Old 06-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #90
_Taylorgaaaang

Drives: 15' WRB BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
Not sure, just emailed the guy they told me too haha
_Taylorgaaaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #91
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post

From what I understand they're made by depo but distributed by buddy club in the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:39 AM   #92
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Taylorgaaaang View Post

hopefully Albert responds and see if I can swap these clears for some all reds since those don't seem to have this problem
Ya just get some reds instead.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:49 AM   #93
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Taylorgaaaang View Post
Bringing this back up

Bought my Clear Usdm DOT Toms from ft86speedfactory about 4months ago, after seeing this thread I checked my lights and sure enough it's the passenger side melting on the top, so I email ft86SF and they send the warranty claim to Albert at Buddy club. After sending pics of the melting he send me a new passenger side and before even putting it on I notice it has the melting in the same spot as the old one. so I email him again and he sends me another one, I check this one out and it looks fine so I throw it on. Fast forward to a couple days ago and I check my tails and it's the same melting in the same spot on the same passenger tailight.
So I email Albert to see if I can just send both back and just get some sort of reimbursement ( get no response) then I email ft86speedfactory to see if they can reimburse me, they tell me they can't and it has to be the manufacture that does it. So they give me the number for Buddy Club and I call and tell the problem in having and ask if the can reimburse me, they tell me they can't either because they're not the ones who recieved the payment for the tailights. So now I tell the guys over at Ft86SF what the guy at buddy club just told me and still insist it has to go through the manufacture.

Damn, that sucks. I was really hoping this problem would be fixed by now. Tom's clears are my taillights of choice.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #94
timmydatooth

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
any update on the toms tail lights? does this only happen to the clear ones? anyone have that melting problem on the red ones? I was thinking of getting these but if this problem persists Ill have to go with the buddy clubs.
timmydatooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #95
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmydatooth View Post
any update on the toms tail lights? does this only happen to the clear ones? anyone have that melting problem on the red ones? I was thinking of getting these but if this problem persists Ill have to go with the buddy clubs.
spend some time and read the thread and you will know.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:45 AM   #96
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I have the clear ones on my car for about 3 months now and haven't seen any melting. they're the USDM clear and not JDM.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:17 AM   #97
rawafoo

Drives: Orange GT86
i got my USDM toms lights about 8 months ago, first the driver side Dot Legal light just seemed to die and shortly after the left side did the same, and also the passeneger LED light seems to have some light issues, il post some pics when i can, unfortunately from a company such as TOMS we shouldn't have to deal with these problems!
rawafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:41 AM   #98
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawafoo View Post
i got my USDM toms lights about 8 months ago, first the driver side Dot Legal light just seemed to die and shortly after the left side did the same, and also the passeneger LED light seems to have some light issues, il post some pics when i can, unfortunately from a company such as TOMS we shouldn't have to deal with these problems!
Designed by tom's, made by depo Taiwan aka CHINA.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote