follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #15
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy451 View Post
The limited does have more features but you pay a greater price for it. I am just surprised that significantly more people opted to buy the trim. Or maybe the salespeople are doing a great job pushing the more expensive model onto people.

I guess for me I prefer the simplicity of the premium trim. I've been in both and the controls look and feel equally cheap for both trims, so that's a moot point for me.
I think you may find that if you went back through many of the "what did you pay for your BRZ" threads that many of the people that bought Limited's paid only small amounts over the price of a Premium. As you implied it is a great way for the sales guys to close a sale when they can discount the higher trim to close to the price of the bottom one.
Summerwolf (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #16
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy451 View Post
The limited does have more features but you pay a greater price for it. I am just surprised that significantly more people opted to buy the trim. Or maybe the salespeople are doing a great job pushing the more expensive model onto people.

I guess for me I prefer the simplicity of the premium trim. I've been in both and the controls look and feel equally cheap for both trims, so that's a moot point for me.
More options are more desirable. Thats just a fact with cars.
Not generally anything to do with a salesperson.

I'd have to say the digital climate control look much more upscale. To each their own.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:33 PM   #17
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmuscle View Post
Many things..
1) smart key
2) dual zone auto climate control
3) 4 inch screen with lots of cool gadgets in the gauge cluster
4) better audio head unit with Navi, CarPlay etc
5) leather/ suede seats that are heated
6) option to get performance package
7) fog lights
This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I think you may find that if you went back through many of the "what did you pay for your BRZ" threads that many of the people that bought Limited's paid only small amounts over the price of a Premium. As you implied it is a great way for the sales guys to close a sale when they can discount the higher trim to close to the price of the bottom one.
Plus this.

For the price that you can purchase a Limited for after negotiations, you get a lot more for not much more money. Also, I really wanted the Performance Package. I noticed that most dealerships didn’t really bother stocking the Premium trim, which was fine with me since I didn’t want it anyway... but I’m guessing they have also observed that most buyers were seeking to buy the Limited trim.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:55 PM   #18
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
i bought a limited because i specifically wanted the heated seats, and the fog lights.

the rest of the limited package, i do like the keyless entry but could do without, and me and the automatic climate control have different idea's of automation.
why? (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 04:11 AM   #19
theadmiral976

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The price difference at many dealers is negligible (around $1k). Where I am, in the Midwest US, most Subaru dealers only hold 1 BRZ on the lot anyway and usually they're the higher trim, I'd presume because the invoice price is so close and Subaru typically markets to a higher income audience in this part of the country.

Plus, pushbutton start makes me feel like Fernando Alonso.
theadmiral976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:29 AM   #20
korhun
Database error

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 1,657 Times in 614 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
How can I understand if my car is "limited" or "premium". It is a 2018 BRZ. It has key-less entry, push button start; but there is no parking sensors or parking camera etc. Is it normal?
korhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:24 AM   #21
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Garage
I got the Scion, which means premium, because at the time BRZs were going for way over sticker, but not the Scions.

I think the spoilers harm the lines of the car a little. Fog lights are next to useless where I live. Even though I've had keyless entry on multiple cars, I always end up hitting the button on the key as sometimes others reach the car first, and always the pause for the car to unlock bothers the shit out of me. Leather seats that are mostly not leather? Hah! I far prefer manual AC controls. I do like pushbutton start, though. Wish I had that.

Also Subaru dealer service sucks. I mean, Toyota dealers are mediocre, but Subaru dealer service is just awful. Like I probably won't buy another Subaru ever again after our Forester.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:35 AM   #22
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by korhun View Post
How can I understand if my car is "limited" or "premium". It is a 2018 BRZ. It has key-less entry, push button start; but there is no parking sensors or parking camera etc. Is it normal?
Just look up what the differences are in google. There are also some threads on here that explain them as well!
Old 08-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #23
korhun
Database error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Just look up what the differences are in google. There are also some threads on here that explain them as well!
Actually I don't care what trim level is my car. I just wanted to learn if parking sensor is part of a trim level or not. Not that curious, but just wrote it maybe someone who knows say something about it. Thank you for your very useful information about how to find an answer to a question. I'll apply to that in the rest of my life. That's very kind of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 08:37 AM   #24
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Limited is more popular than Premium because that's really our only upsale package, not counting the special editions, and the difference in price isn't enough to justify not getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
When they first came out the Premium had the same features as the FRS but cost more so people that wanted the base bought an FRS.
The LIST price was higher for the BRZ. The actual prices paid were the same or lower than the FR-S because of Scion's idiotic no-negotiation pricing scheme. I did price research in my area when I got mine, and the average prices people were actually paying in my area were lower for the Subaru by about $1000.

It boggles the mind that people would be taken in by that scam. It's fine if the FR-S was the one you wanted, but there are people who actually believe they got a better deal than if they bought a BRZ just because Scion told them so.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #25
LotsaMiles

Drives: Scion FR-s, xB, iA, Silverado Z71 4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
I honestly wish my limited never had a spoiler.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yep. Spoilers are for looks only. Well, unless you want a really ugly WING that really does make a difference. About the only car a spoiler really mattered on was the early model Audi TT roadster's. They were actually dangerous without one.

This gets into spoilers and their uselessness:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle21180268/
LotsaMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #26
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:
Actually I don't care what trim level is my car. I just wanted to learn if parking sensor is part of a trim level or not. Not that curious, but just wrote it maybe someone who knows say something about it. Thank you for your very useful information about how to find an answer to a question. I'll apply to that in the rest of my life. That's very kind of you.
No problem, you're very welcome! Google and these forums are great resources!
Old 08-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #27
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Quote:
Do you live outside of the US? The Premium and Limited labels do not apply to all markets... so you would be better served doing a google search for your country+brz trim levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
I got the Scion, which means premium, because at the time BRZs were going for way over sticker, but not the Scions.

I think the spoilers harm the lines of the car a little. Fog lights are next to useless where I live. Even though I've had keyless entry on multiple cars, I always end up hitting the button on the key as sometimes others reach the car first, and always the pause for the car to unlock bothers the shit out of me. Leather seats that are mostly not leather? Hah! I far prefer manual AC controls. I do like pushbutton start, though. Wish I had that.

Also Subaru dealer service sucks. I mean, Toyota dealers are mediocre, but Subaru dealer service is just awful. Like I probably won't buy another Subaru ever again after our Forester.
There is no discernible “pause” waiting for my BRZ to unlock after I place my hand on the door handle... but if you are consistently slower than your passengers and they have to wait for you to catch up and unlock the door, then simply press the button on the remote and unlock it for them. The best part of keyless entry is not having to fish keys out of your pocket every time you want to open the door or start the car.
The seats don’t claim to be leather, they are alcantara. Alcantara looks good, wears well, doesn’t get too hot/cold like leather, and is more grippy... which is nice in a sports car when driving on a winding road.
You can still manually control the AC with automatic climate control if you please. The best part is that it is dual zone, because I like colder air than my passenger typically does.
“Dealer service” is primarily dependent upon the specific dealership itself... not the company as a whole, because dealerships are independently owned. My local Subaru dealership has far better service than any other dealership that I’ve dealt with, including some Toyota dealerships. The hassle that many Scion owners have had with their local Toyota dealership regarding the valve spring recall is an example of how Toyota is not infallible.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NCtoBRZ For This Useful Post:
why? (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #28
korhun
Database error

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoBRZ View Post
Do you live outside of the US? The Premium and Limited labels do not apply to all markets... so you would be better served doing a google search for your country+brz trim levels. ....
I live in Turkey. The website says its a premium, but I have the spoiler, heated seats, keyless entry etc. There is no other information about BRZ trims for my country in the google universe.
And I don't want to know about it.
https://www.subaru.com.tr/SUBARU-BRZ...UaAqFwEALw_wcB

I just wanted to know if you guys in the US have parking sensor or not. No problem. I'm not that curious about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
why? (08-02-2019)