follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
SeratoBeats
Herbie The Love Bug

Drives: BRaz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My stolen BRZ

Hey guys

Unfortunately at around 1120pm last night my BRZ was stolen in the Vaughan area just outside a Pizza Nova. I don't know if it was a bunch of punks or I was being watched...

I ran in for 2 minutes to get a slice before I went to work for a night shift and came out and it was gone.

I had the car running because I had things I needed to charge and my battery was acting up on me. I also usually keep the keys on me at all times (push start).

Unfortunately being half awake/asleep on 2 hours of sleep this time I left it in the cup holder. There was no one in the entire parking lot and I've lived in this area my whole life never expecting anything like this to happen. The car was literally parked 20ft away from me just outside the front entrance...

Please let this be a lesson. Even if it's just for 5 seconds.. Just turn the car off. There's a lot of disgusting douche bags out there.

Insurance is covering it but the sentimental value of it will never be returned.

Silver BRZ 2013 Sport Tech
AWVC plate
Berk exhaust
Dark tint
Shark fin antenna cover
BRZ crest removed from rear
Winter tires still on (ugly silver caps that stand out)

Be on the look out and email me at noiseentertainment@hotmail.com if you happen to see her

A large reward if found

Last edited by SeratoBeats; 04-21-2016 at 08:58 PM.
SeratoBeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #2
Toyarzee
Shibby!

Drives: '14 White FR-S, '01 turbo mini taco
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
First off, very sorry and that sucks major ass.

Next, I'm surprised as hell insurance is covering it without contest. They usually call leaving the keys in the car gross negligence and wiggle out of covering. So I'm glad you'll eventually get a new ride with their help.

Hope everyone is on the lookout for her over there
Toyarzee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toyarzee For This Useful Post:
SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #3
SeratoBeats
Herbie The Love Bug

Thanks

I was worried about them not covering as well but they stated "theft is theft" and haven't really given any issues.

I'm with Wawanesa btw.

I hope she turns up and in one piece
Old 04-21-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
Stratoside

Drives: Firestorm red MT FR-S 2013
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
why is insurance covering for that?
did you tell them they stole your key?
Stratoside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #5
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
First of all where is Vaughan?

I'm also with Wawanesa, and I'm curious how they'll handle it. They're cheap and for good reason. I got rear ended and my bumper was cracked and their adjuster estimated the damage to be $495.... How convenient for them since my deductible was $500 lol.

I also leave my car on when I drop off packages at UPS, thinking it'd just be less than a minute but I guess that's just enough to hop in and drive off. I'm also hoping my manual will be an unexpected deterrent when they try to drive off. But I'm going to turn off my car and lock it now that I've passed this thread. Hope things work out for you!
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tracerit For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (04-22-2016), Tcoat (04-22-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 09:38 PM   #6
ARTBRZ
Aloha!

Drives: BRZ
Sorry to hear that but Leaving it running?!! What?!! We don't live I a world like Sesame Street
ARTBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ARTBRZ For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-23-2016), brandonblt2 (04-22-2016), SeratoBeats (04-23-2016), Tcoat (04-22-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 09:45 PM   #7
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Send the garbage collectors pictures of your car you know those guys driving the dump trucks to pick up trash? Give them pizza and beer and maybe a nice tip. The garbage collectors go through EVERY STREET in the city picking up people's trash on their dump truck there's a HUGE chance that they will find your car.

Make sure they know your license plate and what not and other details about your car that they can look out for. And if these guys somehow find it I guess you might have 2 86s sitting in your house after you get your replacement car(;

And make sure to buy them plenty of beer or food!

I would rag on you about leaving your keys in the car, but I already ragged on someone on reddit for rear ending someone. But I'm usually a lot nicer on FT86CLUB but seriously let the dump truck guys know!!
Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alltezza For This Useful Post:
adprokid (04-22-2016), brandonblt2 (04-22-2016), carbonBLUE (04-23-2016), Drakiv (04-24-2016), SeratoBeats (04-23-2016), Tcoat (04-22-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #8
SeratoBeats
Herbie The Love Bug

Vaughan is by Wonderland. 400 and major Mackenzie area. I'm in maple, Ontario,Canada.

The plaza is 30 seconds from my house, deserted the only store open was pizza Nova there's cameras all over the plaza because there is a bank right beside it and there's also cameras in the pizza Nova pointing to my car.

There were no other cars in the parking lot but mine parked directly in front of the store well lit. I go out for 2 minutes to get a slice. I always keep the keys on me since everything is hand activated and push start. After I placed my order I even went back into my car right after to get something that I forgot. Again half asleep I believe the keys fell out of my sweater middle pocket and into the cup holder. I ran back in to pay get my pizza which took approx 2 minutes. My back was toward my car while I exchanged word with the pizza whole walking backward toward the door. Turned around walked out and it was gone.

I don't want to get into the conspiracy theories but I'm honestly starting to believe the pizza guy was stalling me after I went back in and something seemed like an inside job.

There was another employee in the back of the store who disappeared for a bit during all of this. Again it might sound stupid it just makes no sense. I've lived here my whole life this plaza is a ghost town.

I even asked the pizza guy. How did he not see my car "the only car" taking off during this time when he was facing it directly. He knows me. When I work the midnight shifts I often stop here to get a slice of pizza for the night. He knows what I do for a living and he definitely knows my car...

Wawanesa isn't that cheap it all. But I've gone through their policies and it shows no exclusions under theft. Even when we called he stated "theft is theft". There's no exclusions to this coverage or situational events that won't cover you under this.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:01 PM   #9
skribblez

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm sorry buddy that something like this has happened to you. You should create a thread in the Canada section as well for us Canadians to check it. Although I'm on the other side, I'll keep a look out in Markham.

Hope you find the car, best of luck.
skribblez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skribblez For This Useful Post:
SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #10
SeratoBeats
Herbie The Love Bug

Thanks man I didn't even realize. Assumed this was mostly Canadian. Will definitely do that.

I appreciate the help!
Old 04-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #11
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
post some pictures of the car if you have any so people local can keep an eye out. post it in the regional forums too if you haven't already. I never leave the keys in my car with the ignition on, but I do sometimes leave it running when I go out to drop off a package or something like that, but I make sure I have line of sight with my car lol. I would love to be able to lock my car with the engine running and key out but it won't let me unless I am doing it wrong...
Old 04-21-2016, 11:03 PM   #12
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeratoBeats View Post
Vaughan is by Wonderland. 400 and major Mackenzie area. I'm in maple, Ontario,Canada.

The plaza is 30 seconds from my house, deserted the only store open was pizza Nova there's cameras all over the plaza because there is a bank right beside it and there's also cameras in the pizza Nova pointing to my car.

There were no other cars in the parking lot but mine parked directly in front of the store well lit. I go out for 2 minutes to get a slice. I always keep the keys on me since everything is hand activated and push start. After I placed my order I even went back into my car right after to get something that I forgot. Again half asleep I believe the keys fell out of my sweater middle pocket and into the cup holder. I ran back in to pay get my pizza which took approx 2 minutes. My back was toward my car while I exchanged word with the pizza whole walking backward toward the door. Turned around walked out and it was gone.

I don't want to get into the conspiracy theories but I'm honestly starting to believe the pizza guy was stalling me after I went back in and something seemed like an inside job.

There was another employee in the back of the store who disappeared for a bit during all of this. Again it might sound stupid it just makes no sense. I've lived here my whole life this plaza is a ghost town.

I even asked the pizza guy. How did he not see my car "the only car" taking off during this time when he was facing it directly. He knows me. When I work the midnight shifts I often stop here to get a slice of pizza for the night. He knows what I do for a living and he definitely knows my car...

Wawanesa isn't that cheap it all. But I've gone through their policies and it shows no exclusions under theft. Even when we called he stated "theft is theft". There's no exclusions to this coverage or situational events that won't cover you under this.
Don't trust nobody it could be those pizza guys, and ask to check the cameras. You don't happen to have another phone in your car that can be tracked via GPS do you?
Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alltezza For This Useful Post:
SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 11:14 PM   #13
BlackJesus
Shut up baby, I know it

Drives: 2013 BRZ DMG
Garage
Sucks, is there any other stores/restaurant around that area? There might be footage from other stores. Check around the plaza.
BlackJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackJesus For This Useful Post:
SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 02:43 AM   #14
Speed2th
I love my series blue brz

Drives: 2010 335d
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
so sorry to hear that. check if there are local facebook community of that area, post the photo of the car and people in the community will start looking for it. good luck
Speed2th is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Speed2th For This Useful Post:
SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)