follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 01-16-2014, 03:40 AM   #2941
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*raises hand*
Excuse me, what does "OFH" stand for?

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:48 AM   #2942
Knickstape

Drives: '13 FR-S (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
*raises hand*
Excuse me, what does "OFH" stand for?

Open flash header, its by the same people who make the "open flash tablet" tunes
Captain Snooze (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #2943
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post
Mine should already be in route then

Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Christmas eve here too, but not until 8PM.

I did pay for 2 day shipping, however.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #2944
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
Everyone talks about how great NP's CS is but I don't understand why everyone is wetting their panties when they (NP) have yet to post a single dyno plot showing their customers what they can expect from this magical header.
I don't think NP CS is what gets praised that much. What gets obnoxiously praised (deservedly so) is the quality and R&D of their parts.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #2945
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
Unless you have a tracking number, its still in production. I'm pretty sure they will chime in when they start shipping. Last I saw, they are getting numbers on it.
Of course, I was just playing along, I would expect the normal emails notifications as the unit works it's way through the build queue. I dobt they have started building them yet. They may be doing the production run in batches though rather than one at a time so they may do bulk updates this time.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #2946
industrial
Add lightness!

Drives: 17' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
I don't think NP CS is what gets praised that much. What gets obnoxiously praised (deservedly so) is the quality and R&D of their parts.
Typical craftsman stuff. You'll get it when you get it. People really need to modify their expectations when they order from shops like this. They are reputable and do good work. Place an order and forget about it. They are not some micromanaged assembly line, they are craftsman who produce awesome handmade products which are worth waiting for. Or not if you decide not to give them your money. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy from these small shops.
industrial is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to industrial For This Useful Post:
Marchy (01-16-2014), raul (01-16-2014), Ryan@Nameless (01-16-2014), Sportsguy83 (01-16-2014), Turdinator (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #2947
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial View Post
Typical craftsman stuff. You'll get it when you get it. People really need to modify their expectations when they order from shops like this. They are reputable and do good work. Place an order and forget about it. They are not some micromanaged assembly line, they are craftsman who produce awesome handmade products which are worth waiting for. Or not if you decide not to give them your money. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy from these small shops.
If everyone would really understand this, we would all get along and be happy.

Everyone needs to take their money where their mouth is and call it a day.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
FrsDuke (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #2948
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
It's funny, check my tags in FRS300's thread! In any case, I think the issue here is that people trust Nameless; they said it makes powuh and we believe them. I can't say that about many shops.
I know, i agree. We've reached legendary status.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #2949
BRZ?

Drives: 2014 SWP 6MT BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
BRZ? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRZ? For This Useful Post:
shu5892001 (01-16-2014), TouchMyHonda (01-18-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #2950
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Thing is, their cs is fantastic. Time to delivery, not so much, but that's typical craftsman stuff. But their willingness to work with the customer & help the customer determine what will be best for their system is great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
Ryan@Nameless (01-16-2014), Sportsguy83 (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #2951
FR-S Matt
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
Thing is, their cs is fantastic. Time to delivery, not so much, but that's typical craftsman stuff. But their willingness to work with the customer & help the customer determine what will be best for their system is great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I'll agree there. You can call up Jason or Ryan and they will talk your ear off about cars and parts. They do provide a great service there. Having more skilled welders like John there would help speed things up on the production end. I know JDL has a third welder they just brought on to help them get through any backlog they have along with new orders.

That's the thing with small shops. You MUST be patient and be willing to accept the fact that the date they give you might not be accurate. I will agree though, a clear communication between company and customer is always a plus when someone inquires about the status of an order. I personally did not have a problem when I ordered my 3" exhaust and inquired about its whereabouts. I was able to get a straight answer each time and what parts were being waited on.
FR-S Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FR-S Matt For This Useful Post:
Ryan@Nameless (01-16-2014), SirBrass (01-20-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #2952
Ryan@Nameless

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
Everyone talks about how great NP's CS is but I don't understand why everyone is wetting their panties when they (NP) have yet to post a single dyno plot showing their customers what they can expect from this magical header.
Our customer service is something that we strive to improve every single day. Both Jason and myself do the best that we can to answer any and all questions in a timely manner, with the most accuracy that we can with the information on hand.

Keep in mind that at our core, we are all car enthusiasts here at the shop, and every one of us has been in the same position as all of you as the consumer. I completely understand all of the frustrations that you are experiencing, I would just ask that you exercise some patience. We would not release a product unless we were sure that it was ready for production. All of the tweaks down at the dyno are allowing us to bring the best part possible to the table for you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ? View Post
I promise, as soon as I have the information available to me, I will post it. This isn't some elaborate attempt to mislead our customers in to buying something that isn't going to perform, that's not how we roll here. If it doesn't work, we tear it down and start over, simple as that.

7 rounds of prototyping have gotten us to this point, so we are very confident in our design.

As always, I will be an open book, feel free to PM, email, or call me with any questions or concerns.

-Ryan @ Nameless
Ryan@Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ryan@Nameless For This Useful Post:
BRZ? (01-17-2014), FrsDuke (01-16-2014), nelsmar (01-16-2014), SirBrass (01-20-2014), Sportsguy83 (01-16-2014), toeout (01-16-2014), TRD_07 (01-17-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #2953
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@Nameless View Post
Our customer service is something that we strive to improve every single day. Both Jason and myself do the best that we can to answer any and all questions in a timely manner, with the most accuracy that we can with the information on hand.

Keep in mind that at our core, we are all car enthusiasts here at the shop, and every one of us has been in the same position as all of you as the consumer. I completely understand all of the frustrations that you are experiencing, I would just ask that you exercise some patience. We would not release a product unless we were sure that it was ready for production. All of the tweaks down at the dyno are allowing us to bring the best part possible to the table for you all.

I promise, as soon as I have the information available to me, I will post it. This isn't some elaborate attempt to mislead our customers in to buying something that isn't going to perform, that's not how we roll here. If it doesn't work, we tear it down and start over, simple as that.

7 rounds of prototyping have gotten us to this point, so we are very confident in our design.

As always, I will be an open book, feel free to PM, email, or call me with any questions or concerns.

-Ryan @ Nameless
Send me a rental unit, ill toss it on the dyno and deliver results.

I am fairly certain there would be a number of locals that would test dummy it for me.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #2954
FastWhite

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited M/T
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
And have the same results from road & track(or was it car & driver)
NO THANK YOU.
The team at NP are doing just fine. Awesome products, unbelievable R&D.
So everyone, CHILL
As the old saying goes, If you quit complaining, "I can go back to work and finish it up".
Engineering any product is NOT an over night endeavor.
Try aircraft development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FastWhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag