follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #1415
crazyfrenchbiker
Hot Lava 6MT

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@AWD View Post
If your referring to my kit then it is no longer for sale.

Nothing wrong with these kits. If your looking into a new kit I would recommend the MAPerformance kit. Message me if you want a great price on it or the full blown kit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Not yours Dan, but another 1.5. I'm not sure of the rules of BST outside of the classifieds section, so I won't include a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
The kit them selves are fine once they have been fitted on a car, its dealing with delivery and initial fitment.

otherwise i'd say get it cheap used if you can..
In terms of fitment, are we just talking a bit of encouragement with some bending, or rewelding may be required?

Keeping in mind to anyone who responds to my original question, customer service is not expected of FA20Club in any shape or form.
crazyfrenchbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #1416
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfrenchbiker View Post
Not yours Dan, but another 1.5. I'm not sure of the rules of BST outside of the classifieds section, so I won't include a link.

In terms of fitment, are we just talking a bit of encouragement with some bending, or rewelding may be required?

Keeping in mind to anyone who responds to my original question, customer service is not expected of FA20Club in any shape or form.
Find the thread by woode on his experience, he pretty much rewelded himself a new kit it was so bad.

Imo considering the sheer amount of good options on the market there is no reason whatsoever to go with this kit.

If a person can't afford a decent kit than they can't afford the reality of modding cars and especially adding fi to na cars, shits going to break, not a question of if, but when.
Model Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #1417
Fred E

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
Ok so I am definitely considering this kit for mine.
FA20club just seems awesome to deal with and the performance numbers are great for the money. I'll be happy with 250-300 to the wheels but I'm curious about the ceiling.
The only issue is mine is auto. What do you guys think I could get out of it?
Like the 57 trim with a couple options looks good for me, but if I could get 350+ whp with a bit more money in options and some other mods I'm all for it.
Thanks yall!
Just curious... where exactly did you find the information that led you to believe that "FA20club just seems awesome to deal with"? Certainly not from this forum as the general consensus is quite the contrary...

Last edited by Fred E; 06-07-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Fred E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #1418
Dan@AWD
Banned

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred E View Post
Just curious... where exactly did you find the information that let you to believe that "FA20club just seems awesome to deal with"? Certainly not from this forum as the general consensus is quite the contrary...
For the $ this is still probably the best kit out there. BTW, not everyone had a bad experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Dan@AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan@AWD For This Useful Post:
Ny Brz (06-03-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #1419
Drewbie

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS 6AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred E View Post
Just curious... where exactly did you find the information that let you to believe that "FA20club just seems awesome to deal with"? Certainly not from this forum as the general consensus is quite the contrary...
Yeah I was reading posts dated a bit earlier and it seemed people who ordered the kit had a pretty long wait and that seemed like the worst of it. In the earlier pages people seemed to be having decent dealings and interactions with them. But most of them were just ordering the kit and installing and tuning elsewhere as I'll be doing with whatever kit I decide on (def not this one now). I mean yeah I made a mistake with half assed research but thankfully people here are considerate and steered me in the right direction.

But I digress.. To answer your question, in the early pages of this forum, most likely before people started seeing their true colors.
Drewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #1420
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Ok so I am definitely considering this kit for mine.
FA20club just seems awesome to deal with and the performance numbers are great for the money. I'll be happy with 250-300 to the wheels but I'm curious about the ceiling.
The only issue is mine is auto. What do you guys think I could get out of it?
Like the 57 trim with a couple options looks good for me, but if I could get 350+ whp with a bit more money in options and some other mods I'm all for it.
Thanks yall!
Let's be honest here. What you liked about FA20Club was the same thing everyone else did months ago, the price. If you are looking to save money, many of the vendors including LJ @FullBlown can put you together a kit with the cheaper T3/T4 57 trim turbo if you would like to go that way.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #1421
Drewbie

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS 6AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Let's be honest here. What you liked about FA20Club was the same thing everyone else did months ago, the price. If you are looking to save money, many of the vendors including LJ @FullBlown can put you together a kit with the cheaper T3/T4 57 trim turbo if you would like to go that way.
Well yeah, I was looking for the most economical option but I would not have let that come at a loss of a quality product (before I was further educated obviously). Most people are suggesting full blown so I'll probably shoot them an email and see what they'd suggest for me.
Thanks for the tip on other venders though bro. Appreciate it.
Drewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #1422
pixel67

Drives: 13 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Or you could make me an offer on mine. ☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #1423
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yeah I was reading posts dated a bit earlier and it seemed people who ordered the kit had a pretty long wait and that seemed like the worst of it. In the earlier pages people seemed to be having decent dealings and interactions with them. But most of them were just ordering the kit and installing and tuning elsewhere as I'll be doing with whatever kit I decide on (def not this one now). I mean yeah I made a mistake with half assed research but thankfully people here are considerate and steered me in the right direction.

But I digress.. To answer your question, in the early pages of this forum, most likely before people started seeing their true colors.
The first kits were made in house. Later they were outsourced over seas and had poor quality control. This is why the first ones worked out. Tuning these from what I have heard is a pita. Some people had to go full time speed density which can end up costing the difference saved in tuning fee alone. JDL has a kit at nearly the same price point as well as speed by design. And as mentioned before full blown has a great kit. The reason this kit was cheap was it came with a cheaper turbo than all the other kits. You could just downgrade the turbo on most of the other kits to get in the same price bracket. That is why JDL started making a cheaper kit with a cheaper turbo.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Frs300 (06-03-2014), SkAsphalt (06-04-2014), Sportsguy83 (06-03-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #1424
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
There's nothing wrong with buying a used FA20Club kit. All of the installed kits have had whatever fitment issues addressed. Getting a used FA20Club kit would be preferable to a new one IMHO.

If a forum member is selling their kit then I would jump on it. If buying new and trying to stay in the same price range I would go with the JDL or FBM base kits.

The FA20Club main draw was the price point due to the Garrett T3/T4 turbos being offered. Let me say that those turbos are no slouch, they're just the bargain basement selection of the Garrett lineup but they're still Garrett. They're not some garbage turbo but they're not the "best" either.

Personally, I will not buy a thing from FA20Club ever again but other than ship time, I experienced no issues with them. However, I cannot sit by and act as if they didn't mistreat a lot of other people. Shit, I had @Ny Brz's red powder coated 57 trim turbo sitting in my house before he got it which speaks to the incompetence of the shipping process. I probably received my system, due to much pestering, before others that ordered before me. If I had the dough to throw around I would buy another system just to rid myself of the FA20Club stigma but still, as far as functionality and design, there's nothing wrong with the kit (if the fitment issues have been worked out and they have been on installed kits).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecko04 For This Useful Post:
Fear (06-04-2014), PineappleFriedRice (06-06-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #1425
Fear
Banned

Drives: Ft86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
There's nothing wrong with buying a used FA20Club kit. All of the installed kits have had whatever fitment issues addressed. Getting a used FA20Club kit would be preferable to a new one IMHO.

If a forum member is selling their kit then I would jump on it. If buying new and trying to stay in the same price range I would go with the JDL or FBM base kits.

The FA20Club main draw was the price point due to the Garrett T3/T4 turbos being offered. Let me say that those turbos are no slouch, they're just the bargain basement selection of the Garrett lineup but they're still Garrett. They're not some garbage turbo but they're not the "best" either.

Personally, I will not buy a thing from FA20Club ever again but other than ship time, I experienced no issues with them. However, I cannot sit by and act as if they didn't mistreat a lot of other people. Shit, I had @Ny Brz's red powder coated 57 trim turbo sitting in my house before he got it which speaks to the incompetence of the shipping process. I probably received my system, due to much pestering, before others that ordered before me. If I had the dough to throw around I would buy another system just to rid myself of the FA20Club stigma but still, as far as functionality and design, there's nothing wrong with the kit (if the fitment issues have been worked out and they have been on installed kits).
This
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #1426
Admired

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
So I was able to make 305 WHP on the dyno with my kit with 93 gas, 450cc injectors and fuel pump. My question is, can more power be generated from this kit because the tune was at 9 psi so I am assuming I can run a higher pressure? Now by doing this, if I were to raise the boost pressure would I need to get it retuned at that pressure or how does this work? My goal is 350+ or 375 if possible. What do I have to do to achieve this? New internals or just increase boost pressure? Thanks guys
Admired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #1427
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admired View Post
So I was able to make 305 WHP on the dyno with my kit with 93 gas, 450cc injectors and fuel pump. My question is, can more power be generated from this kit because the tune was at 9 psi so I am assuming I can run a higher pressure? Now by doing this, if I were to raise the boost pressure would I need to get it retuned at that pressure or how does this work? My goal is 350+ or 375 if possible. What do I have to do to achieve this? New internals or just increase boost pressure? Thanks guys
The short answer is yes, you can just up the boost (until you run out of fueling.. 450cc injectors are on the small side) and pull timing. You will want it tuned.

The more complicated part is how you drive the car? Are you looking for a trackable 350+ HP? In that case I would look at E85 and/or some new lower compression internals. More boost and pulling timing produces heat, and sustained heat will eat up the motor. I make over 400hp on over 20psi with stock internals on 93, but I also don't track my car. I would almost guarantee that if I tried sustaining that for a few track sessions my engine would be on it's last leg. But for some fun on the highway and back roads it is going on 8000 miles holding up just fine.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #1428
Admired

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by woode View Post
The short answer is yes, you can just up the boost (until you run out of fueling.. 450cc injectors are on the small side) and pull timing. You will want it tuned.

The more complicated part is how you drive the car? Are you looking for a trackable 350+ HP? In that case I would look at E85 and/or some new lower compression internals. More boost and pulling timing produces heat, and sustained heat will eat up the motor. I make over 400hp on over 20psi with stock internals on 93, but I also don't track my car. I would almost guarantee that if I tried sustaining that for a few track sessions my engine would be on it's last leg. But for some fun on the highway and back roads it is going on 8000 miles holding up just fine.
No tracking for the momement, those injectors are capable of fuel fuel up to 500 hp according to the website. Anyway so basically I can just get a retune at a higher boost pressure? I can't just use my boost controller to up the boost, obviously not tuned for that pressure. What is a safe boost pressure I can go up to without new internals? If I did internals, what would be my best investment, pistons, valves, cam?
Admired is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0-60 in 22million sec, beam, best of all, doyen done done it again!, fa20club header, fa20club.com, fa20crap, fa20crud.com, frs turbo kit, i like turbos, turbo frs, turbo kit, turbocharged brz, visconti 2.0?, welding4noobs, www.p&lclub.com, you'llneedamuletoride