follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #57
jprice130
AutoX Nut

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@steve99 thanks so much for providing the intake and exhaust cam timing tables for these headers. Your support of this community is amazing!

I do have a question about the VVT tables for the Nameless header....Are you able to reveal the original source of the cam timing tables? Like, did these come from a pro tuner or did they come from a "regular joe"? I know all of this stuff is a "use at your own risk" kind of thing, but I was just curious of the source for the information.
jprice130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #58
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice130 View Post
@steve99 thanks so much for providing the intake and exhaust cam timing tables for these headers. Your support of this community is amazing!

I do have a question about the VVT tables for the Nameless header....Are you able to reveal the original source of the cam timing tables? Like, did these come from a pro tuner or did they come from a "regular joe"? I know all of this stuff is a "use at your own risk" kind of thing, but I was just curious of the source for the information.
No not from pro tuners just other guys, and yes as always use at own risk.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:13 AM   #59
troek

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
No not from pro tuners just other guys, and yes as always use at own risk.
same for the ACE header? and awesome work with threads like this, your a great resource to the forums.
troek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:50 AM   #60
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troek View Post
same for the ACE header? and awesome work with threads like this, your a great resource to the forums.
it came from a tuner but it was their first brz\86
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
troek (07-28-2015)
Old 07-28-2015, 05:53 AM   #61
troek

Garage
looking for some cam tables to try with my HKS el header. id pay one of the tuners that got 190+hp for their cam tables, but i doubt anyone would go for that as i could share them and that wouldnt be cool if they are not ok with it.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:21 AM   #62
steve99
Banned

Quote:
looking for some cam tables to try with my HKS el header. id pay one of the tuners that got 190+hp for their cam tables, but i doubt anyone would go for that as i could share them and that wouldnt be cool if they are not ok with it.
guy over here has x force header which is similar 4 21 design oft el tables he got 139kw on e85 on dyno where stock car does about 112 kw was one of the top hp cars

results here

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91909

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgu...WUlpgodp4AGwwc
Old 07-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #63
troek

Garage
Quote:
guy over here has x force header which is similar 4 21 design oft el tables he got 139kw on e85 on dyno where stock car does about 112 kw was one of the top hp cars

results here

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91909

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgu...WUlpgodp4AGwwc
ah not bad, i wish i could remember where the post was that showed what el header oft was tuned on.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #64
steve99
Banned

Quote:
ah not bad, i wish i could remember where the post was that showed what el header oft was tuned on.
I think it was the openflash EL header they never released
Old 07-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #65
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by akahenry View Post
How do I disable the P050B CEL code?

Also, from the official thread of "Disabling High Rev Cold Start," I saw that another user had the same dilemma: not having the "MAF Correction After Start (In Gear)" and "MAF Correction After Start (Neutral)" in the "Mass Airflow / Engine Load" Folder. Any idea on how I can SAFELY implement this or is it even possible to implement it? Also, I'm currently running the Stage 2 UEL 91 Octane Tune (v2.066). I noticed that in your aforementioned photo about the changing the "Ignition Timing Post Start" values from -15 to -4, you're running the Stage 1 map. Does the Stage 1 Map have the "MAF Correction After Start (In Gear & Neutral" categories whereas the Stage 2 UEL don't? (Amateur Enthusiast right here by the way, bare with me)

Update: Figured out how to disable the P050B Code.
@Wayno added a lot of oft compatible definitions to his "OFT Maps for AT (Auto Trans), 98RON, E85 Fuel Economy, updated MAF scales." thread. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83945
You'll find those tables already defined in @Wayno's definitions, if you have one of the compatible CAL ID's. After successfully implementing all of wayno's changes by adding them in manually to my definition, he created a set of definitions and posted them. If I had only waited, it would have saved me so much work. Check out wayno's definitions to see if he has one for your CAL ID, and save yourself the work of changing them yourself. Wayno's 98 RON tune will run on 91 octane, at certain gas stations, but I recommend running what I call a "crap gas tune" with timing retarded at least 1 degree across the table if you're going to take a trip out of town. My car was running well until I headed out of town up the Okanogan valley towards Canada. My IAM went from 1.0 to as low as .48. I couldn't actually hear it, but in my imagination it was clattering like a diesel. I wish I had had a crap gas tune with me on that trip.
KoolBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #66
KoolBRZ

Garage
Quote:
How about these tables I tuned for my nameless PLM knockoff long-tube EL header. They should work well with your header, depending on how much restriction you have in the rest of your exhaust. These, combined with all the rest of wayno's changes, make my car more fun to drive, as well as being more economical.
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2015, 08:11 PM   #67
Wayno

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
@Wayno added a lot of oft compatible definitions to his "OFT Maps for AT (Auto Trans), 98RON, E85 Fuel Economy, updated MAF scales." thread. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83945
You'll find those tables already defined in @Wayno's definitions, if you have one of the compatible CAL ID's. After successfully implementing all of wayno's changes by adding them in manually to my definition, he created a set of definitions and posted them. If I had only waited, it would have saved me so much work. Check out wayno's definitions to see if he has one for your CAL ID, and save yourself the work of changing them yourself. Wayno's 98 RON tune will run on 91 octane, at certain gas stations, but I recommend running what I call a "crap gas tune" with timing retarded at least 1 degree across the table if you're going to take a trip out of town. My car was running well until I headed out of town up the Okanogan valley towards Canada. My IAM went from 1.0 to as low as .48. I couldn't actually hear it, but in my imagination it was clattering like a diesel. I wish I had had a crap gas tune with me on that trip.
I wouldn't recommend people detune their cars for no reason just because yours has all this weird valve timing going on requiring completely different ignition timing.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:45 AM   #68
KoolBRZ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
I wouldn't recommend people detune their cars for no reason just because yours has all this weird valve timing going on requiring completely different ignition timing.
Nope, that was just bad gas. Once it was all gone I put back in your timing table and my IAM was back to 1. I did have a panic yesterday when my IAM was stuck on 0. I didn't notice it going down, I suddenly noticed it was at 0. But, it was an OFT thing. The next time I stopped, I unplugged it and replugged it and it went back to 1.0.
On another note, my weird valve timing thing is about to get weirder. I bought soaz's nearly new ESC and I'll be installing that next week, along with a Procede controller which I will be custom mapping. Since FI gets rid of the flat spot, valve timing becomes much simpler. It simply becomes a case of adjusting for the most power without causing rubber-band shifts. I've also got a plan to use the Procede controller to manage a rear-mounted turbo as well as the ESC throttle. This would all be map-able with open source software.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:19 AM   #69
Wayno

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
ACE and Nameless PLM header cam angle tables Normal and safe tables are same.
Note these tables will get you in the ballpark, but may require adjustments and you may need to adjust fueling and ignition timing as well to extract full benefit

They are copied straight from UEL OTS tune unmodified.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:05 AM   #70
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
They are copied straight from UEL OTS tune unmodified.
Difference between ace and oft EL header tables is minimal , not sure how good tuner was who did them