follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
ft86me

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
vortech pulley

for those of you that went with a smaller pulley, what was the process of recplacing it? i can't find any documentation on it so here I am asking for some advice. any pics or diy?
ft86me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
charged86

Drives: whiteout gt86 2015 IS350fsport
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Per vortech. Heat up nut and shaft with tiny propane torch wait for locktite to smoke and run out. Remove bolt let cool apply locktite bolt is supposed to be 25 or so foot pounds. Just call vortech.tomorrow
ft86me (06-02-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
you're in Socal, why not pay them a visit ?
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by charged86 View Post
Heat up nut and shaft with tiny propane torch
Hey man, whatever floats your boat, but that sounds awfully painful...
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foobar For This Useful Post:
charged86 (06-03-2013), ft86me (06-04-2013), Sportsguy83 (06-03-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86me View Post
for those of you that went with a smaller pulley, what was the process of recplacing it? i can't find any documentation on it so here I am asking for some advice. any pics or diy?
Did it come with your vortech kit, or did it come with the ecutek box/injectors/pullys?
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
Brian@Vortech

Drives: Vortech Supercharged M6 FR-S UM
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Hey man, whatever floats your boat, but that sounds awfully painful...

HAHAHA...Zing!
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Vortech View Post
HAHAHA...Zing!
Hey Brian I have a Q for you, upgraded pullies do those come from you in the vortech shipping box, or do those come from the vendor you buy the kit from?
Old 06-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
ft86me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Did it come with your vortech kit, or did it come with the ecutek box/injectors/pullys?
i was actually discussing on going with a smaller pulley with rich since I can't seem to get a hold of john for some reason. Basically 91 and a smaller pulley wouldn't be very safe and the gains would be very minimal. I don't have any other choice of fuel around me so I'm topped out at where I am besides putting some header on now.

So to answer your question hahaha, i got the normal kit and inquired about a pulley but decided not to do it since it won't be safe for me.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
i was actually discussing on going with a smaller pulley with rich since I can't seem to get a hold of john for some reason. Basically 91 and a smaller pulley wouldn't be very safe and the gains would be very minimal. I don't have any other choice of fuel around me so I'm topped out at where I am besides putting some header on now.

So to answer your question hahaha, i got the normal kit and inquired about a pulley but decided not to do it since it won't be safe for me.

The reason is because the guy (John) is so damn over booked he cant even have a peaceful night to himself anymore, and due to him still having his vortech kits on sale, it's just getting worse. Which is just causing even more issues with his current customers... The guy needs to raise his prices so he can raise his customer service satisfaction. Cuz right now I'm thinking its as low as, what was that companies name, you know where they posted fake Dynos for their light weight crank pully... @2forme
Old 06-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
ft86me

Quote:
The reason is because the guy (John) is so damn over booked he can't even wipe his own ass anymore, and due to him still having his vortech kits on sale, it's just getting worse. Which is just causing even more issues with his current customers... The guy needs to raise his prices so he can raise his customer service satisfaction. Cuz right now I'm thinking its as low as, what was that companies name, you know where they posted fake Dynos for their light weight crank pully... @2forme
yeah man he must be pretty busy because one ticket i couldn't get answered for over a week then talked to rich and got my answer resolved which is basically i can't run more boost or anything unless i go water/meth kit since i can only get 91 octane fuel and going higher boost is unsafe.

I also have another ticket open trying to get a tune for my vortech and moving the map selector to the defroster button since i'm going aftermarket steering wheel but nothing yet and rich hasn't been able to respond as well. becoming slightly bothered by amount of money i spent vs support, but again, probably really busy and i'm just a now type of person once my money has been spent.

give em some time.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #11
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
yeah man he must be pretty busy because one ticket i couldn't get answered for over a week then talked to rich and got my answer resolved which is basically i can't run more boost or anything unless i go water/meth kit since i can only get 91 octane fuel and going higher boost is unsafe.

I also have another ticket open trying to get a tune for my vortech and moving the map selector to the defroster button since i'm going aftermarket steering wheel but nothing yet and rich hasn't been able to respond as well. becoming slightly bothered by amount of money i spent vs support, but again, probably really busy and i'm just a now type of person once my money has been spent.

give em some time.

Yeah I edited it, the sound of someone not being able to wipe their ass sounded to aggressive for what I ment it as... the guys slammed to the gills is pretty much the sum of it.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #12
ft86me

Quote:
Yeah I edited it, the sound of someone not being able to wipe their ass sounded to aggressive for what I ment it as... the guys slammed to the gills is pretty much the sum of it.
good move all we can do is wait my man. hopefully we hear from him soon!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #13
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The reason is because the guy (John) is so damn over booked he cant even have a peaceful night to himself anymore, and due to him still having his vortech kits on sale, it's just getting worse. Which is just causing even more issues with his current customers... The guy needs to raise his prices so he can raise his customer service satisfaction. Cuz right now I'm thinking its as low as, what was that companies name, you know where they posted fake Dynos for their light weight crank pully... @2forme

I've been keeping my mouth shut. You're gonna get me in trouble :-p
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (06-05-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #14
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post