follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #1149
jaredram

Drives: White 2015 Subaru BRZ Blue Edition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hello, I was wondering if the account header and flex fuel tune would be the correct package to purchase if I am running a different type of UEL header (Revworks) and if the Base tunes would work as well. Also, do.i need.ti change anything from the OEM fueling system to compliment for the e85? Such as e85 safe fuel lines?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jaredram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:39 AM   #1150
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredram View Post
Hello, I was wondering if the account header and flex fuel tune would be the correct package to purchase if I am running a different type of UEL header (Revworks) and if the Base tunes would work as well. Also, do.i need.ti change anything from the OEM fueling system to compliment for the e85? Such as e85 safe fuel lines?

If your NA you don't need to change any hardware like pumps lines injectors to run E85 just need flex kit and tune.

Only FI guys need to change pump/injectors for increased capacity.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #1151
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredram View Post

Hey Jared,

We customize each Stage 2 tune to the header you're running. Just put the parts you have installed in the comments section during checkout, and you'll be set!

Regarding the fueling system, as Steve said the stock fuel pump and injectors are more than sufficient for naturally aspirated configurations. All you need is our Flex Fuel Kit, Tune, & associated EcuTek bits.

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 03:02 PM.
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #1152
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Update: Phase 10 RaceROM has not yet seen a full release for model years newer than 2013/2014, but we have a separate update to the Flash & Go, Edelbrock, Harrop, & Jackson specific tunes.

The latest version is denoted as V23.00, and improvements are as follows:

- Improved midrange throttle response
- Finer control over closed loop fueling control during high load conditions
- Improved power delivery in Flex Fuel Tunes
- *Much* quieter EBCS operation on turbo specific Flash & Go tunes
- Improved drivability across all versions

Updates to the latest versions are the standard $75 fee. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via email at sales@delicioustuning.com.

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 11:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
whataboutbob (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 01:51 AM   #1153
Brzxton

Drives: 2015 Subaru Brz
So i took my jrsc off and am going na and am planning on picking up the stage 2 tune soon. Right now i have a delicious tune and have the maps set on the cruise control, but i might get an aftermarket steering wheel which gets rid of cruise control. I saw there was other options to change between maps and was wondering if you have any videos demonstrating the different methods? Thx
Brzxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:39 AM   #1154
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
I saw also mods how cruise control stick was refitted to aftermarket steering wheel.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:12 AM   #1155
Brzxton

Drives: 2015 Subaru Brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
I saw also mods how cruise control stick was refitted to aftermarket steering wheel.
Yea ive seen those too
Brzxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #1156
thatfilipinoguy

Drives: 87 Supra, 13 FRS, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the amazing tune you guys! I was wondering if there are any updates in the works for the ACE specific tune! Thanks!
thatfilipinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:08 PM   #1157
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brzxton View Post
So i took my jrsc off and am going na and am planning on picking up the stage 2 tune soon. Right now i have a delicious tune and have the maps set on the cruise control, but i might get an aftermarket steering wheel which gets rid of cruise control. I saw there was other options to change between maps and was wondering if you have any videos demonstrating the different methods? Thx
Unfortunately we don't have any videos detailing alternative map switching methods. The only other option is to switch via the rear defog button combined with max accel input; this needs to be done with the car off.

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 03:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Brzxton (04-26-2018), Kordless (04-24-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #1158
Azzudien

Drives: 2017 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks Zach for all the hard work on my tune. Car runs awesome.

Was my first time ever using any system to tune a car, and Zach made it easy. I think we had 20 plus emails between us as he walked me through the process and made 5 revisions to my tune to get it perfect.
You cannot go wrong using Zach at Delicious tuning on your car. Highly recommend!!!!

Scott
Azzudien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #1159
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Big Update Folks: Phase 10 RaceROM is finally here for all model years and all regions of the world, from 2013-2018 models on USDM, European, Asian, JDM (Yes it's different), and Gulf spec ECU's. Our entire tune library has been updated to accommodate the new software, and we are now rolling out these tunes to new and existing customers.

The latest version for forced induction tunes is denoted as V25.00. Though RaceROM 10 is really a complete and utter overhaul of the way we do tuning on these cars, some of the more important changes are as follows:

- Improved tip in throttle response throughout entire rev range
- Completely overhauled closed loop correction outside of factory closed loop scenarios
- Completely overhauled boost control on turbo systems, implementing a variety of fail safe and target compensations to correct for and protect against overheating oil/coolant, poor quality fuel, AVCS being inactive, and more. We also have a lot more adjustment room to have features like boost by gear, ethanol content, map-switch mode, and more working in tandem with one another.
- Completely overhauled Flex Fuel implementation. Ethanol content, ethanol ignition advance, and more are now all dedicated parameters in EcuTek. The way Flex Fuel is programmed is also far superior in RaceROM 10, and allows much tighter integration into the tune. What this means for the end user is a smoother transition between fuel types, and a smoother ramp in power delivery as ethanol content increases or decreases.
- Dedicated custom map to warn you when your AVCS system has failed to activate in a timely manner, letting you know before you push the car and risk potential damage.
- Vastly improved control over fueling in medium to full load areas.
- Improved transition from low load MAF calculation to high load VE calculation.
- Improved drivability across all versions.
- Addressed a particular bug where some vehicles would experience a hesitation in high gear, partial (20-40%) throttle pulls. This was typically experienced when trying to pass on the highway, for example.

Our NA (Naturally Aspirated) tunes have also been updated with RaceROM 10, and show the following improvements:

- Improved drivability across all versions.
- Vastly improved control over fueling in medium to full load areas.
- Dedicated custom map to warn you when your AVCS system has failed to activate in a timely manner, letting you know before you push the car and risk potential damage.
- Completely overhauled Flex Fuel implementation. Ethanol content, ethanol ignition advance, and more are now all dedicated parameters in EcuTek. The way Flex Fuel is programmed is also far superior in RaceROM 10, and allows much tighter integration into the tune. What this means for the end user is a smoother transition between fuel types, and a smoother ramp in power delivery as ethanol content increases or decreases.
- Completely overhauled closed loop correction outside of factory closed loop scenarios

Current Versions on NA Tunes are as follows:

Stage 1 - V9.00
Stage 2 - V10.00
Ace Header - V11.00

Due to the fact that RaceROM 10 adds so much functionality and extra control over prior RaceROM versions, updates to the latest versions are a $150 fee to cover one hour of our time dialing the new setup in for you remotely. For updates to NA tunes, the charge is $75. New customers will be started off on RaceROM 10 by default. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via email at sales@delicioustuning.com.

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:07 PM   #1160
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,070 Times in 778 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Good info zach that sounds interesting
What does it mean specifixally the closed loop section? I heard rr10 add a total closed loop also with full accelerator.. Does it need to have a fixed wideband lambda in the header for you to tune it?
Is that the "vastly improved fueling" in the medium and high load?
Thanks
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:00 AM   #1161
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
I heard rr10 add a total closed loop also with full accelerator.. Does it need to have a fixed wideband lambda in the header for you to tune it?
No, you have the option of OEM or WB sensor.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:30 AM   #1162
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,070 Times in 778 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
What are the advantages of using closed loop all. The time? I mean compared to a open loop with a good scaled maf
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote