follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #3991
poorsche

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited, 2000 Impreza Sport
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calispec View Post
You won't get that in one day on a dyno. This kit is not like a turbo. Drivability comes with a lot of time. It will surge buck and do all kinda of weird things on partial throttle. It'll feel good WOT but that's it. Take my word for it. Bills tune is the best one I have had and his even has a little surge (very small). Can't wait to get the new tune! (Not that the current one is bad. It is GREAT)
Well now I'm a little scared. If it turns out I can't get the car where I want it, then delicious will be the first place I turn.
poorsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #3992
calispec

Drives: Subaru BRZ with Delicious Innovate
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
Did you or him ever bring this to light? I can't recall.

Seemed like a giant surprise to me the other day when I mentioned my issues on the dyno with the intercooler kit. Then again you could be running some kind of different setup.

What I don't understand is why do these tunes need to still be updated on the regular?

I know there is always room for improvement, but I just don't understand how there can't be some kind of "final" tune. I also don't like how theres a "one size fits all" map for everyone.

I've been on a few tunes now, and I just can't take the constant back and forth of datalogging, reflashing, etc. I just want a damn one and done map, no issues.

This kit has been out for quite some time now, with plenty of tuners messing with it with COUNTLESS hours tuning. So why is there always an update? lol. Maybe i'm not looking at it correctly.
I never did but it was brought up a few times in this 1,000 page thread. There is a lot of information in this thread but it's so big search even fails me sometimes. I spent money on injectors when I didn't need to. Almost spent money on a map sensor. Luckily it was out of stock. Wasted money on tunes. Lost money by adopting early and paying an extra $200 on the intercooler than the package deal. It all comes with wanting things when they are new. I have no ties with delicious. I am just an average customer and bill probably doesn't know my name. I have read every post in every thread that has anything to do with the innovate supercharger. From what I have seen. Bill knows the most about this kit by a LONG shot. I haven't been tuned by everyone. So sure. There may be tunes out there that are just as good but I haven't seen it here or anywhere. So until I do....... I am sold. He saved me money in the first few minutes of talking to him by telling me aftermarket MAP sensors don't work and there is NOTHING to be gained by the current IAT relocation solutions.

How long has this kit been out and i have only ever seen 1 post with a log of IAT post charger and it was clearly not reading the air temperature. That's something I would still like to see and something I AM going to get myself.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 PM   #3993
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
I never did but it was brought up a few times in this 1,000 page thread. There is a lot of information in this thread but it's so big search even fails me sometimes. I spent money on injectors when I didn't need to. Almost spent money on a map sensor. Luckily it was out of stock. Wasted money on tunes. Lost money by adopting early and paying an extra $200 on the intercooler than the package deal. It all comes with wanting things when they are new. I have no ties with delicious. I am just an average customer and bill probably doesn't know my name. I have read every post in every thread that has anything to do with the innovate supercharger. From what I have seen. Bill knows the most about this kit by a LONG shot. I haven't been tuned by everyone. So sure. There may be tunes out there that are just as good but I haven't seen it here or anywhere. So until I do....... I am sold. He saved me money in the first few minutes of talking to him by telling me aftermarket MAP sensors don't work and there is NOTHING to be gained by the current IAT relocation solutions.

How long has this kit been out and i have only ever seen 1 post with a log of IAT post charger and it was clearly not reading the air temperature. That's something I would still like to see and something I AM going to get myself.
I feel you man. I am on my second set of injectors, two map sensors in, wasted money on tunes..sucks but its the price you pay for wanting to be an early adopter, but I feel that some of it could have been avoided. Like I said, I remember the mention of keeping the stock sensor, but could have sworn it was because the sprintex kits came with GM sensors that were garbage so people were switching back to the stock one.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #3994
NickFRS

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Now that my car is issue free the Wife n I took her for a 270 miles cruise to the coast n back. Lots of 0-10% grade over the hump between Portland and seaside. Avg'd 29mpg and went 270miles with 1/4 a tank to spare. The new tune is working wonderfully.
NickFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NickFRS For This Useful Post:
CK_Bladesmith (03-18-2014), DarrenDriven (03-25-2014), evan (03-18-2014), Lawnik (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 04:24 AM   #3995
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

My car.....

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
calispec (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #3996
swift996

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Strange development for those following my post about the coolant leak/mystery. The level did go down to the low mark when I posted the other day. I've driven the car three times now (total of about 25 minutes or 15 miles) and checked the level at every interval along the way. It seems to be holding at the same level fine now.

My only thought is that I've been driving very conservatively which I had been since installing the intercooler (mostly due to snowy weather and ironing out the tune). When I was losing coolant at first it was under many WOT pulls which is uncommon for me. One trip under normal conditions did result in a drop in the level. Very strange, I'll be keeping an eye on it. At first I thought perhaps the weather change might have caused some evaporation but I still don't have any answer. I'm heading to Europe this weekend so probably won't have time until April to take a look if I need to pull the manifold.

swift996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #3997
Kodename47

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift996 View Post
Strange development for those following my post about the coolant leak/mystery. The level did go down to the low mark when I posted the other day. I've driven the car three times now (total of about 25 minutes or 15 miles) and checked the level at every interval along the way. It seems to be holding at the same level fine now.

My only thought is that I've been driving very conservatively which I had been since installing the intercooler (mostly due to snowy weather and ironing out the tune). When I was losing coolant at first it was under many WOT pulls which is uncommon for me. One trip under normal conditions did result in a drop in the level. Very strange, I'll be keeping an eye on it. At first I thought perhaps the weather change might have caused some evaporation but I still don't have any answer. I'm heading to Europe this weekend so probably won't have time until April to take a look if I need to pull the manifold.
If that's the case then it's likely just the system bleeding itself. There are quite a few places that can hold pockets of air. I'm certain that even squeezing all the pipes doesn't get all the air out.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 03-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #3998
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
If that's the case then it's likely just the system bleeding itself. There are quite a few places that can hold pockets of air. I'm certain that even squeezing all the pipes doesn't get all the air out.
I squeezed those pipes for over an hour, and I still had to fill it up a few times after. Then again I also did have a slight leak, but that was by far the worst part of the whole intercooler install
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #3999
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Do you have any pictures of your setup? I've gotten a few datalogs with the domestic sensor plate, but none are this good. What you have there looks very usable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
My car.....
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:27 AM   #4000
Kodename47

@moto-mike just for you.....

Wire type IAT sensor and MAP sat in the manifold. The manifold had to be modified (drilled) to allow the sensor to fit.

Kodename 47 DJ:
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #4001
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
@Kodename47 which IAT sensor did you use and who made the adaptor plate? Was it something you had made locally? Interested in how this comes out.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #4002
Kodename47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
@Kodename47 which IAT sensor did you use and who made the adaptor plate? Was it something you had made locally? Interested in how this comes out.
Sorted out by my tuner, Abbey Motorsport here in the UK. IAT/MAP plate was machined specifically.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 03-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #4003
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Hopefully that one will function correctly. I had planned on trying to design one myself seeing as the ones that have been used before didn't read correctly. Keep us updated on if it works well.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #4004
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Hopefully that one will function correctly. I had planned on trying to design one myself seeing as the ones that have been used before didn't read correctly. Keep us updated on if it works well.

From what he said, I think the key isn't the design of the plate, but the design of the fact that he drilled out the hole in the manifold a little bigger to prevent the sensor from touching it.

Is anyone else concerned that the sensor is actually in a runner and not in the plenum?
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.