follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 11-25-2014, 05:08 AM   #2367
xDanger_208x

Drives:
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-mike View Post
...if it starts. Cranking is dependent on the MAP signal, and since your sensor won't be calibrated it very well may not start.
Simple as that. Thanks Mike.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #2368
gmsii

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Why am I so concerned? Because Kraftwerks has a proven history of not delivering on CARB promises. Do you really want me to start digging up posts from other platforms, starting in 2008?
Im glad your sense of compassion has driven you to become the self appointed avenging fairy or all delayed CARB testing. Today you are christened Saint Mike of CSG.

FYI...in 2008 the only person responsible for making any KW claims relating to CARB were the Jacksons.
gmsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #2369
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
MidnightRunner (11-25-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #2370
Xuningshen

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I dont want to get too involved in this. But from a random unbiased customer dude.....

My friend with an S2k and miata, boosted, told me how kraftwerks was supposed to get CARB for one of their s2k kits... and it never went through. It really put a big hit in my confidence that KW would go through and affected my decision to buy another kit.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #2371
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,181 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsii View Post
Im glad your sense of compassion has driven you to become the self appointed avenging fairy or all delayed CARB testing. Today you are christened Saint Mike of CSG.

FYI...in 2008 the only person responsible for making any KW claims relating to CARB were the Jacksons.
While they were working with, :dramatic pause:, you.

Going back through history, when they work in dependently, both before and after Kraftwerks, their products have a solid record of getting CARB certification.

I find it a bit too coincidental that the only kits that the Jacksons were involved with that are not CARB, are the kits made when they were working at Kraftwerks. Just sayin, facts are facts.

Don't take it personal; I ask hard questions of a lot of other vendors/manufacturers both on this board and at the track.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #2372
gmsii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuningshen View Post
I dont want to get too involved in this. But from a random unbiased customer dude.....

My friend with an S2k and miata, boosted, told me how kraftwerks was supposed to get CARB for one of their s2k kits... and it never went through. It really put a big hit in my confidence that KW would go through and affected my decision to buy another kit.
both the previous claims made about getting approval for the S2K and Miata kits were made by the Jacksons....the current KW R&D staff working on supercharger kits were not involved during that time period.

the first kit we are seeking approval for is the BRZ....this will be followed by CARB approval for other kits. it is a fact that the first kit will always take the longest because of the new applicant process.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #2373
gmsii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
While they were working with, :dramatic pause:, you.

Going back through history, when they work in dependently, both before and after Kraftwerks, their products have a solid record of getting CARB certification.
actually what you claim as facts are impeachable in a court of law as hear say
were you there?...or are you taking their word?...the jacksons had full R&D freedom while at KW...nobody was holding them back....that is fact

certainly since their departure, we applaud them for their active efforts in getting CARB approval, but ultimately there is more to this game than just emissions approval.

in the meantime, we at KW are satisfied with being 50-state 'upgradeable' and 48-state smog legal (while we wait to complete the CARB process) rather than be 50-state smog legal and 0-state upgradeable as the JR kit is.

btw...i'm still trying to figure why you are always trying to stir things up in the KW threads....you are like a feral cat...always trying to sh*t in someone elses sandbox
Old 11-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #2374
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,181 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsii View Post
actually what you claim as facts are impeachable in a court of law as hear say
were you there?...or are you taking their word?...the jacksons had full R&D freedom while at KW...nobody was holding them back....that is fact

certainly since their departure, we applaud them for their active efforts in getting CARB approval, but ultimately there is more to this game than just emissions approval.

in the meantime, we at KW are satisfied with being 50-state 'upgradeable' and 48-state smog legal (while we wait to complete the CARB process) rather than be 50-state smog legal and 0-state upgradeable as the JR kit is.

btw...i'm still trying to figure why you are always trying to stir things up in the KW threads....you are like a feral cat...always trying to sh*t in someone elses sandbox
Love the spin. Please, feel free to take me to court. I have nothing to lose.

Fact remains that Kraftwerks is YOUR brand, and products designed by the Jacksons both before and after their involvement with Kraftwerks are CARB legal as promised.

Example Before Kraftwerks:
http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-344-1.pdf

Example After Kraftwerks:
http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-700-4.pdf

The correlation here is that products under the "jackson racing" brand have a history of being CARB, while "kraftwerks" brand products are, as of this post, still universally non-CARB.

As for the "inability to upgrade"... refer to my previous post. A large SoCal crowd is completely aware of the upgrades available for the Jackson Racing kit, but you don't seem to be a part of that group.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #2375
gmsii

CARB approval process

6 steps to the CARB approval process
1. Submit paperwork to ARB of intent
2. Get response from ARB with “OK” to test
3. Follow procedure (put kit on car following install instructions) bring car to test facility
4. Test facility runs car
a. Test runs made
b. Revisions made
5. Test info sent to ARB for approval
6. ARB Executive order issued
Kraftwerks is currently at step 4b with the BRZ kit, we had to make one revision thus far and the car will be going back to the lab next week. If it passes, generally it takes 4-10 weeks for all the paperwork to go through at which point we will be issued an exemption number.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gmsii For This Useful Post:
Calum (11-25-2014), CSG Mike (11-25-2014), Kakawate (11-25-2014), mit_peid (11-25-2014), Sellout (11-25-2014), themajesticone (01-20-2015), Xero-Limit (11-25-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #2376
SPCorBUST

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Seriously? I was told in email in August about this revision and it had already gone back in a separate email. I even have subsequent updates! This is utterly ridiculous.
Setup 5: JR C30 HBP, DW 700, DW 300, 3bar, FlexFuel, Delicious, Built Motor
Setup 6: JR C30 HBP, DW 700, DW 300, 3bar, FlexFuel, Delicious, Closed Deck Built Motor
SPCorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #2377
SPCorBUST

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Probably no-one wants you guys to get CARB approval more than me, but it's blatantly obvious to me that at this point, you're not being completely forthcoming about the situation. I don't even know why - people like myself are waiting and I'm fine with that, but I don't see the need to lie about what's happening over there.
Setup 5: JR C30 HBP, DW 700, DW 300, 3bar, FlexFuel, Delicious, Built Motor
Setup 6: JR C30 HBP, DW 700, DW 300, 3bar, FlexFuel, Delicious, Closed Deck Built Motor
SPCorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SPCorBUST For This Useful Post:
JDMChris (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #2378
gmsii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCorBUST View Post
Probably no-one wants you guys to get CARB approval more than me, but it's blatantly obvious to me that at this point, you're not being completely forthcoming about the situation. I don't even know why - people like myself are waiting and I'm fine with that, but I don't see the need to lie about what's happening over there.
Bro...nobody's lying...the car has been in the lab off and on for preliminary testing for a while...the preliminary tests are differnt than the actual test where the car is hooked up directly to carb....if you have questions or want more detail about this process , feel free to email me directly...this is Jeff btw
Old 11-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #2379
Jasbel

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
"Help" Kraftwerk's or AVO

Hi All

I'm interested in the Kraftwerks Supercharger and the AVO Stage 3 Turbo Kit
But I can't decide as they are both good kits.

I'm sure there a lot of other people who had the same problem deciding which
Way to go?

My question is what made Kraftwerk owners choose there kit over the AVO kit
besides the price.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers Darren
Jasbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:26 AM   #2380
Rulin
WRX -> BRZ. (TX)

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue WRB
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
For me it was the same question, turbo vs supercharger.

I had a wrx before, so I was leaning towards turbo at first, because I missed that surge of power.

However, I decided I didn't want the exact same car I had before. Instead I wanted to stick to the reason of why I got a brz in the first place. A flat, corning, racecar. So I ended up going with a supercharger, to stay in line with the more flat and predictable torque curve.

Choosing the Kraftwerks over the other SC kits was a no brainer. It was a relatively easy install. Just got done help from my more experienced buddy, but everything lined up perfectly.

The extra power is exactly what this car needed! The way the Kraftwerks kit delivers it, is just spot on! I have that extra grunt throughout the entire band. And the car still feels like factory, loves the high RPMs, but now with that "throw you in your seat and smile" kind of feeling.

I have the c3094 blower. It's not TOO much power. In the sense of, I can still keep full control of the car, but just do it in a way that is faster/quicker now.

It's exactly what the car is missing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using NASIOC mobile app
KW V3
OEM Audio + Reference 400CF
Rulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rulin For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (12-20-2014), xDanger_208x (11-26-2014)