follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Neyzo

Drives: Firestorm Red FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Head Unit with Navigation

I just recently bought my firestorm red FR-S (woo!) and I knew right away I would be replacing the stereo. I definitely want navigation in my car and I absolutely hated the bespoke system, thus I opted with the default radio. I've looked around and I really like the new Parrot Asteroid Smart unit as the maps looks very clean and easy to update. It's also fairly cheap and compatible with a reverse camera which is another perk. The downside, however, is it lacks any knobs for volume control and the sort.

I really like the idea of an android based platform, but I am open to suggestions as I'm relatively new in this department. Ideally I'd like to keep it within <$650 and one which does not need a CD to update the maps.

Any help?
Neyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
This is a matter of taste so you will get a plethora of answers. Are you planning on going with an aftermarket amp at any point? If so I would go with T7019A and skip the big name brands.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Neyzo

Drives: Firestorm Red FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Very slim chance at that. But I shall take a look at that ^^
Neyzo is offline   Reply With Quote