follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 04-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #2339
TheDemons

Drives: Sonic Blue GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero00 View Post
And Toyota wonders why people get the sh*ts!! Actually it's quite disgusting to have to wait that long when other orders are being filled in 2-3-4 months, appears the customer is to blame for ordering from a particular Dealer! Love to know how many others have waited pre 30 June last year!

So go that first 1,000km up yet 'Demons'?? Storms forecast here again T-W-T-F this week!!
I agree, I was surprised to hear someone who ordered earlier than me still hasn't received their car yet! Absolutely disgusting.

I'm over 300km!! And below quarter tank. I just don't want to get out of it
TheDemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #2340
Zero00

Drives: 89 MX5 B-SPEC & 2000 MX5
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemons View Post
I agree, I was surprised to hear someone who ordered earlier than me still hasn't received their car yet! Absolutely disgusting.

I'm over 300km!! And below quarter tank. I just don't want to get out of it
City driving mate, also if you have the 'climate' on will chew a bit more, I think I told you my warning light came on at 520km, so when 10 litres left in the tank - considering most of that tank was 'country cruising' with a few revs!!

Saw a blue GTS Aero this morning, July rego sticker so one of the first i'd say, covered in bird poo etc - won't quote the rego number!! who cares?? hahahaha
Zero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #2341
TheDemons

Quote:
City driving mate, also if you have the 'climate' on will chew a bit more, I think I told you my warning light came on at 520km, so when 10 litres left in the tank - considering most of that tank was 'country cruising' with a few revs!!

Saw a blue GTS Aero this morning, July rego sticker so one of the first i'd say, covered in bird poo etc - won't quote the rego number!! who cares?? hahahaha
City driving, and because of the window tint, I couldn't open the windows, so I relied on the A/C for air.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #2342
Zero00

Quote:
City driving, and because of the window tint, I couldn't open the windows, so I relied on the A/C for air.
Maybe I'm pedantic, I left my windows up for more than a week!! I see a red GTS Aero every morning 6.30am drive down Ann Street in the city same time! Also, in the train drivers car park is a white GTS so there are a few around - I still think I have only seen 2 silver in all the time they have been released
Old 04-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #2343
Jstme

Drives: 86 Gts
Quote:
I was going balmy after 3 months and started ringing around QLD Dealers, not city preferring Country! Pure luck that I scored my GTS thru the Gatton Dealer after ringing St George Dealer [same parent Company] - they got an extra from Toyota that matched a guys order from May and I stepped into that original order with build 12/12 and delivery 2/13

Still, I know the pain you have felt as my original GT will not be here until late May! It's sold of course!!

Hi Zero00. Did you cancel an order when you found another 86?
I rang aound today and found a white 86 GTS in Ballarat and bought it, picking it up on Tuesday, but I have an order with another dealer and I am going to cancel it. My issue will be I want me $2000 deposit back, as I was told 3 months wait and that was 4 months ago and my date of production is still to be confirmed. It would be interesting if anyone else has asked for their deposit back.
Jstme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jstme For This Useful Post:
Zero00 (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #2344
Zero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstme View Post
Hi Zero00. Did you cancel an order when you found another 86?
I rang aound today and found a white 86 GTS in Ballarat and bought it, picking it up on Tuesday, but I have an order with another dealer and I am going to cancel it. My issue will be I want me $2000 deposit back, as I was told 3 months wait and that was 4 months ago and my date of production is still to be confirmed. It would be interesting if anyone else has asked for their deposit back.
Yes, after almost 4 months and the order being pushed back month after month I started looking around and scored the GTS, original order was GT MT. I first rang the Sales Consultant from the original order and then confirmed my cncellation by email - further I then called in personally and spoke with them and they were nothing short of fantastic! My deposit was $500 and WITHOUT ASKING they Accountant came out, asked for my keycard and said he wanted to refund the deposit immediately and he did! I then spoke with the Dealer Principal and we laughed and joked and he was so upset that what was to be 2/3 months was, by then going to be at least 7 months by the time the GT arrived. Now that was late October, my ORIGINAL order has only just been built and will arrive at the Dealer 25 May or thereabouts, so 2/3 months becomes almost 11 months!!

If your original order still says 'to be confirmed' add another 4 months at least to that order, calculate then how long compared to what THEY said and use that as ammunition!! They will have absolutely no problem selling your original order when it comes in so DEMAND THE CASH BACK!!

It's NOT the Dealers fault, it's Toyota's system, how about the guys who ordered back in JUNE last year and still do not have their cars yet others wait 3/4 months and their order arrives!

No, if the Dealer does not refund take the matter to Consumer Affairs or Fair Trade, depends on what the original Dealer told you when you first placed the order and $2,000 is a lot of cash

I was told in July last year by the Dealer and confirmed by QLD Toyota Australia Staff that orders went to Japan IN ORDER OF RECEIPT!! We know that's NOT the way it's been happening and even when they got additonal cars they were NOT allocated to those how had ordered that specific colour, transmission and spec.

I must say, the GTS I now have was as a result of the Dealer out west getting an additonal car 'from nowhere' that met an order they had back May last year and so I stepped into that guys original order because he got the 'extra' car - same spec as he wanted

There are quite a few that have done the ring around Dealers and scored cars much quicker than their original order but it's also a shame that some have waited what will be over 12 months for their cars
Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #2345
SSF1

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Deposit Paid: 14th July 2012
Built: March 2013
Arrived in Australia: 13th April 2013
Dealer Pick-up: 24th April 2013

Time between deposit paid and dealer pick-up:
9 months, 1 week, 3 days (284 days)
SSF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #2346
Zero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSF1 View Post
Deposit Paid: 14th July 2012
Built: March 2013
Arrived in Australia: 13th April 2013
Dealer Pick-up: 24th April 2013

Time between deposit paid and dealer pick-up:
9 months, 1 week, 3 days (284 days)
If I didn't score my GTS, mine would have been:

Deposit paid: 2nd July 2012
Built: April 2013
Arrive in Australia: May 2013
Dealer pick up: 25 May 2013

10 months 3 weeks 2 days (327 days)

For a car that on 10 July TMCA claimed in writing would be 2/3 months
Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #2347
dave-

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Looks like Toyota isn't any better at managing orders than other makes I've dealt with. Not sure how people have been content to sit and wait 6-12mths for cars, I couldn't do it. I mean not like its a hand built Pagani or anything. Ordered a Blue GT 6MT in Feb, got told May/June delivery. By end of March, got told that production had slipped beyond mid year or much later so I exercised my subject to clause and walked away.

Did the old ring around early this month (including interstate/country dealers) and was almost over the same old bullshit stories and sales people trying to justify $43k GTS's (without the aero kit). Eventually found a dealer with one claiming May delivery in the exact spec I wanted. After playing with them on the price a bit, got it locked in about April 10. It was sitting at "In production" for most of the month but today changed to "In transit to Australia". The delivery ETA hasn't changed since first login at May 22nd. If that eventuates, under 2mths from contract to build to delivery is a good result!
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dave- For This Useful Post:
Zero00 (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #2348
Jstme

Drives: 86 Gts
Quote:
Yes, after almost 4 months and the order being pushed back month after month I started looking around and scored the GTS, original order was GT MT. I first rang the Sales Consultant from the original order and then confirmed my cncellation by email - further I then called in personally and spoke with them and they were nothing short of fantastic! My deposit was $500 and WITHOUT ASKING they Accountant came out, asked for my keycard and said he wanted to refund the deposit immediately and he did! I then spoke with the Dealer Principal and we laughed and joked and he was so upset that what was to be 2/3 months was, by then going to be at least 7 months by the time the GT arrived. Now that was late October, my ORIGINAL order has only just been built and will arrive at the Dealer 25 May or thereabouts, so 2/3 months becomes almost 11 months!!

If your original order still says 'to be confirmed' add another 4 months at least to that order, calculate then how long compared to what THEY said and use that as ammunition!! They will have absolutely no problem selling your original order when it comes in so DEMAND THE CASH BACK!!

It's NOT the Dealers fault, it's Toyota's system, how about the guys who ordered back in JUNE last year and still do not have their cars yet others wait 3/4 months and their order arrives!

No, if the Dealer does not refund take the matter to Consumer Affairs or Fair Trade, depends on what the original Dealer told you when you first placed the order and $2,000 is a lot of cash

I was told in July last year by the Dealer and confirmed by QLD Toyota Australia Staff that orders went to Japan IN ORDER OF RECEIPT!! We know that's NOT the way it's been happening and even when they got additonal cars they were NOT allocated to those how had ordered that specific colour, transmission and spec.

I must say, the GTS I now have was as a result of the Dealer out west getting an additonal car 'from nowhere' that met an order they had back May last year and so I stepped into that guys original order because he got the 'extra' car - same spec as he wanted

There are quite a few that have done the ring around Dealers and scored cars much quicker than their original order but it's also a shame that some have waited what will be over 12 months for their cars
Thanks. I will be getting my depost back, just waiting for the phone call from the dealer about reimbursing me back onto my card
I picked up my GTS this afternoon and have spent all evening in the car working out the stereo. It was fantastic to drive and can't wait to take her out again tomorrow
Jstme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jstme For This Useful Post:
Zero00 (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #2349
Zero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave- View Post
Looks like Toyota isn't any better at managing orders than other makes I've dealt with. Not sure how people have been content to sit and wait 6-12mths for cars, I couldn't do it. I mean not like its a hand built Pagani or anything. Ordered a Blue GT 6MT in Feb, got told May/June delivery. By end of March, got told that production had slipped beyond mid year or much later so I exercised my subject to clause and walked away.

Did the old ring around early this month (including interstate/country dealers) and was almost over the same old bullshit stories and sales people trying to justify $43k GTS's (without the aero kit). Eventually found a dealer with one claiming May delivery in the exact spec I wanted. After playing with them on the price a bit, got it locked in about April 10. It was sitting at "In production" for most of the month but today changed to "In transit to Australia". The delivery ETA hasn't changed since first login at May 22nd. If that eventuates, under 2mths from contract to build to delivery is a good result!
If it said 'Planned Production Month' or 'In Production' it's locked in!! Add around 4 weeks from 'In Production' to get to the Dealer, so well done!!

When an order is placed, say today 1 May the system will automatically add three months and unfortunately people think this is when they will get it - not so and it just keeps getting pushed back month after month .. still guys waiting who ordered June 2012
Old 04-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #2350
Zero00

Congratulations Jstme!! Glad to hear the Dealer has come to the party on that one!! Now, as for the stereo? 11 weeks on and I'm still working it out!! Know how to change stations, know how to use bluetooth and satnav and also how to 'kill' that voice that says I'm exceeding the speed limit!! She lives under the dash!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #2351
TheDemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstme View Post
Thanks. I will be getting my depost back, just waiting for the phone call from the dealer about reimbursing me back onto my card
I picked up my GTS this afternoon and have spent all evening in the car working out the stereo. It was fantastic to drive and can't wait to take her out again tomorrow
Congrats mate! Enjoy and be safe
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #2352
Zero00

Quote:
Congrats mate! Enjoy and be safe
OK Demons!! How many km's on yours now? I've managed 1,758 in 11 weeks!!