follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 04-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #211
BRZ_Lawyer
Hardworking

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz, 2013 C300 4Matic
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Thumbs down

@J_newmoney don't worry the crossfires tranny will malfunction, or engine will overheat lol

This is my second post here.... I recently had a Honda accord trail me for several miles.
2013 C300 4Matic
Septa, NJtransit, MTA
BRZ_Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #212
Lo

Drives: Old Saturn
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Sorry for the long multi-quote post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonBLUE View Post
I raced an Audi TT, went to jail... Fun night...
And that's how you started walking funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_comet View Post
When people pull up next to me at a stop light and start revving/rolling back and forth, I look at them slowly- and while staring- start to pick my nose.

Works wonders. I don't know if it makes them feel like a$$heads, or makes me look like one, but they cut the crap 9 times out of 10.
LOLL I love this! If ever I'm caught in that situation I'll try it out! Although I'd be the type to just have the biggest grin and wave and the same time : "Well howdy neighbor!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiumai View Post
I'm very seldom the first one off at the light. i'm a motorcycle rider as well, and i always look to the left and right before taking off when the light turns green, and only speed up after i'm through the intersection. i saw an accident happen right in front of me about 15 years ago where someone ran the red and t-boned the first car off the line. that was it for me.
I once was in a hurry to watch the game with some friends because it had already started. I was the second in line and was pissed that the first one didin't go at the green light only to see, a good 3 seconds later, a car burning the red light. Had I been first in line, I would've been hit for sure since I was in such a stupid rush. Maybe two days after that incident, I'm going home from a night out with some friends when I'm waiting first in line at a red light. It's late and around that time, my green light is quite short so I'd usually go. For some reason, I look at the car going the opposite direction as the light turns green and he stays there, as do I. I then look in the corner of my eye to see a truck (shorter than an 18-wheeler), coming closer to the intersection, but didin't seem like he was accelerating, nor did he seem like he was braking. I was remember thinking:" he's definetly going to brake, he's so far away from the intersection. I know he's a truck and all, but he's got sufficient room to do it". Although thinking this, I didin't move, and saw him slowly but surely, burn his red. I laughed once, reminded myself that this was a good reminder of what happened two days ago, and since then I always look both ways when the light turns green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylyons1 View Post
I had a Pontiac Firebird rev at me. I just went on my way while he spun tires at the light. Then proceeded to look at him like he had a giant gummy bear on his head when he pulled up to the next light. Fuel efficient driving seems to beat some of them pretty easily.
Da fuq? I love gummy bears, so does that mean you were looking at the top of his head like you wanted to lick it? I mean, I'd go through a giant gummy bear like a lion through a gazelle... and given the context, that just seems all too wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
I must say I am guilty of doing this. When I had my scion IQ rental I would pull up to anything, put it in neutral and start revving the hell out of the engine just to make people laugh. It was pretty damn funny.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
hahaha, I do that sometimes in my 95 Saturn when I'm driving my friends around. I remember going coming up to a nicer car (at this point, it's the general concensus that any car is a nicer car. Doesn't mean I don't like mine though ) and start revving the engine higher than usual before, slowly "speeding" away all while laughing like complete buffoons. I'm surprised I haven't killed my engine yet!
Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lo For This Useful Post:
Anthonytpt (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #213
Jaylyons1

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ; 1993 Skyline GT-R
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo View Post
Da fuq? I love gummy bears, so does that mean you were looking at the top of his head like you wanted to lick it? I mean, I'd go through a giant gummy bear like a lion through a gazelle... and given the context, that just seems all too wrong...
lol, I just looked at him funny. I think the first thing that came to mind was a gummy bear at the time so that's what I went with. I do love me some Haribo.
Jaylyons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #214
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_newmoney View Post
White Chrysler Crossfire tried to race me this morning and I completely ignored him. My car is still 100% stock and so far I have no confidence that it will win against anything in a drag race, lol. My best bet is to try to play the "I'm too cool to race you bro" card, and win by not even trying
Those shitbox Chryslers fall apart just sitting still.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #215
boead

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruBRZLimited View Post
Those shitbox Chryslers fall apart just sitting still.
The crossfire is a Mercedes SLK with a different body and interior (somewhat).
Ive shopped SLK's and not found much to complain about them. Is the Crossfire a problem?

AND AGAIN, SUV assholes!!
This morning (5:30am) two SUV's were 'racing" LOL!! Weaving in and out of traffic like two F'in idiots. Not my business till one nearly hit me when he cut me off! Seriously, if I hadn't wailed on my breaks he would absolutely have clipped my nose!
He then started waiving his arms at the other guy; pulled up next to him and was all in his face.
Well, I should have cooled off and backed off but I followed this asshole for some time, got next to him and gestured my dissatisfaction with his lane change that almost resulted in an accident. I asked as politely as I could if he would be so kind as to pull over and discuses this outside our cars. He apparently didn't want to and stayed away from me by many car lengths. *****!
boead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #216
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boead View Post
The crossfire is a Mercedes SLK with a different body and interior (somewhat).
Ive shopped SLK's and not found much to complain about them. Is the Crossfire a problem?

AND AGAIN, SUV assholes!!
This morning (5:30am) two SUV's were 'racing" LOL!! Weaving in and out of traffic like two F'in idiots. Not my business till one nearly hit me when he cut me off! Seriously, if I hadn't wailed on my breaks he would absolutely have clipped my nose!
He then started waiving his arms at the other guy; pulled up next to him and was all in his face.
Well, I should have cooled off and backed off but I followed this asshole for some time, got next to him and gestured my dissatisfaction with his lane change that almost resulted in an accident. I asked as politely as I could if he would be so kind as to pull over and discuses this outside our cars. He apparently didn't want to and stayed away from me by many car lengths. *****!
I don't know if it has any flaws other than a greasy chrysler badge that's sure to 86 the resale value.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #217
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I feel left out: I've never had anyone try and race me

One time I was cruising pretty quickly down a back road back home in my GTI though and I saw headlights several corners back. I drive a fair bit above the area-average speed, so usually things in my mirrors don't get closer, but on this occasion it was a bit like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw"]ã*ã‚‹ã¾ã•ã‚“ãŒè»¢ã‚“ã«ã‚ƒ - Stalking Cat - - YouTube[/ame]

Every time I turned around an outside corner they'd vanish and every time they reappeared it seemed like they were a corner closer. Finally they caught up on a straight section and I noticed they were gonna take the same left turn as I was, so I signaled right like they do on THE RING, pulled off onto the edge of a big driveway and let the two of them by. Then I jumped in behind them just for yucks to see if I could match their pace at all. They were opening up on me a little when ~4 corners later the second car overcooked it into a downhill, off-camber corner and went flying across the road and up a hillside. His friend in the lead car and I stopped to see if he was OK and I backed my car up the shoulder a way and left my car with 4-ways on to hopefully slow traffic a bit. The dude was find and sort of mumbled something about crashing because he was fiddling with his radio dials or something (While doing 65mph down a winding road? Really?)

After a few minutes it was clear that his friend was staying with him and they started calling the kid's parents and a tow truck so I bid them good luck and went on my way.

I guess it's not really a racing story, but it's definitely one of the only times I've seen people legitimately shredding that particular bit of road. Usually its just me getting stuck behind Prii that are doing 15-20mph... which is really extra-disappointing because my hometown has a shitload of people who drive really nice cars. It's always sad to see such fast things plodding along on such awesome driving roads. Every once in a while though you'll see someone moving along in an STI or a riced-out 3-series or (very occasionally) a 911 though.
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ganthrithor For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (04-13-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #218
CamryDS

Drives: 2003 Camry Blue | 2013 FR-S White
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
With all the people on the road now-a-days, jerks transcend all cars. They live and breathe a**hat. I admit that when i'm on the road, my philosophy is to stay out of people's and not hinder their way of driving. I try to zip by as respectfully as possible. Though in the mornings i'm always racing to get to work because I like what I do.

When I go home, I race to get home so I can park and find a nice little space away from the idiots who I live around. I cannot stand people who just float across the highways or block you from merging. I usually display this behavior if I experience it in the car with another driver. Usually I'm the one to only do that to the offender. Eye for an eye, but yeah there are plenty of assholes on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_newmoney View Post
White Chrysler Crossfire tried to race me this morning and I completely ignored him. My car is still 100% stock and so far I have no confidence that it will win against anything in a drag race, lol. My best bet is to try to play the "I'm too cool to race you bro" card, and win by not even trying
Lolz, I know a guy in my complex with a cross fire, that thing looks ugly as hell. No reason to race it.
CamryDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #219
t00n3wb

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have this kid at my school in an 08 tC with a greddy exhaust and he always comes up to me an pushes to race. I always tell him no, because I know I will win and there is no points. Kids these days, slap on an exhaust, "I'm the fastest guy on the road." aha.
t00n3wb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to t00n3wb For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #220
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansey86 View Post
Because Nitrous Oxide is so flammable lol
....but it smells soooo good...lol
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #221
Kelbyat07
Poor College Kid

Drives: ~.~
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,249 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00n3wb View Post
I have this kid at my school in an 08 tC with a greddy exhaust and he always comes up to me an pushes to race. I always tell him no, because I know I will win and there is no points. Kids these days, slap on an exhaust, "I'm the fastest guy on the road." aha.

I agree. My friend has a 02 Celica and he slapped on an exhaust then challenged me to a race. Lets just say I led him by a couple cars length.. Now whenever I see him on the road, I just rev up next to him haha.

Kelbyat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelbyat07 For This Useful Post:
charged86 (04-24-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #222
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
My wife and I have a Maserati gran turismo and a brz tried to race her. She laughed at him and at first told me she didn't but later admitted that she showed him the 0-60 of a Maserati. Knowing that they are slow because we have the FR-S it disappointed her that someone would be so clueless of the nature of the car and think that they even had a chance in a drag race. Hopefully this guy finds some twisty canyon roads and learns what this car was built for and stops trying to.take on cars with way more power.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Accurate Race Shop For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (04-23-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #223
Dizz1e

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruBRZLimited View Post
NOS!!!!!

I freakin' love NOS!!!

Dizz1e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dizz1e For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (04-14-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #224
kombatlion
Life to short to be slow!

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I have an FRS I live in Puerto Rico where there is turbos Mitsubishi mirage, hyundai accents, and some bad hondas. They look like crap sometimes but looks are deceiving. They can make their cars a lot faster than an FRS a lot cheaper even with me installing Turbo so I just dont race unless is circuit the car is slow straight so I really dont know all this fan boys talking about how fast is your FRS a mini van can kick our ass straight so stop lying please. Thanks!