follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #2801
Gimagination
Girls ♥ FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linniea View Post
I have a raven MT and I live in the Destin area
Oh too far :/ I live in Melbourne, moving to tampa next month.
Gimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #2802
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilos6 View Post
Hello all. My name is justin from san diego. i have a 94 fd(project car) and traded in my 2010 rx8 for my whiteout frs I absolutely love the frs and actually handled better than the rx8 did even with the tein flex coilovers I had on it. Unfourtunately as on Saturday I got into a head on collision while driving home from washing my car by a Volvo s60. The driver came from the opposite direction, across 3 lanes of traffic before hitting me *almost* head on. If the frs didn't handle as well as it does it would've been alot worse. Ill be finding out today whether or not she's totaled. If she is ill be buying another one. I'm absolutely in love with this car.
Sorry to hear about your accident.. Glad you're ok.. Hope all goes well with the car.. Good luck !
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #2803
udamangum94

Drives: 2013 Scion F-RS - Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey Guys! Been stalking the forum for a while now and just received my new Scion FR-S Whiteout two days ago! Already loving everything about it and can't wait to put a little money into it! Here's a couple of pictures that I took today! The pollen has begun to fall in my neck of the woods, so it's going to be hard to keep her clean for a while! .

udamangum94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #2804
tonyfrs86

Drives: 2013 raven frs
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Red face hey guys

im tony..long time lurker. got my frs 6 months ago. have an appointment with bob at driftoffice next month for a stage 2 AVO turbo. SO EXCITED and hoping to be able to go down to vegas for the ft86 club meet. right now im trying to find a place to install a INGS+1 kit. i have the stoptech sport brake kit already ordered and all i have left is some coil overs till i think im done with the car....for now. i dont know if i want to save up for injectors and fuel pump and convert over to e85 since this is pretty much my daily driver. well im hoping to learn alot since this is pretty much my first project car. any advice is welcome, if its maintenance to detailing im all ears. besides changing my own oil im a complete noob when it comes to modifying a car for performance and daily driving. i know im rambling but i dont know what to say, from what ive been reading everyone on here is very knowledgeable and can help me with all my dumb questions.
Attached Images

tonyfrs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #2805
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
G'day from Oregon.

Ordered my FR-S Series 10 6M/T yesterday. ETA is June, pricing unknown.

Planned mods are minimal. Intake & exhaust (still researching), Potenza RE-11A (we get rain) 225/45-17 on OEM rims, anti-roll bars (maybe), auto-x alignment, synthetic fluids throughout including brakes, break-in and then track days.

I hadn't planned to buy yesterday, was at the dealership getting parts for my FJ Cruiser, they had a 6A/T demo, I had some time and a half-hour later finally understood what the worldwide automotive press and the many knowledgeable members here are talking about. Forget the paper tigers, this car delivers more fun and emotion than any objective measurements.

It's gonna be a fun summer. I live in a national forest area bigger than Rhode Island with impressive mountain roads and only one deputy on county patrol, not that I'd ever break any law ever, officer.

See you around the forums, and thanks in advance to all of the informed, experienced members that make this place a cut above the rest.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #2806
DarkZe0n

Drives: Orange FR-S
hey guys i got my hot lava FR-S in October it's been i my garage all winter but now i am starting to look for parts to make it sweet! can you recomend any good places to get parts? BTW i live in Canada so they have to ship here other wise i can't rely get the parts.
DarkZe0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #2807
13 FR-S Veteran

Drives: 2013 FR-S (Raven Black)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZe0n View Post
hey guys i got my hot lava FR-S in October it's been i my garage all winter but now i am starting to look for parts to make it sweet! can you recomend any good places to get parts? BTW i live in Canada so they have to ship here other wise i can't rely get the parts.
Where are you in Canada?

Sent from the great white north via smoke signal.
13 FR-S Veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #2808
ShowTime_DW

Drives: FRS
Hi guys. I just got my FRS!! White

ShowTime_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #2809
Sudhir

Drives: Toyota 86 High spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Eagle View Post
My local dealer couldn't find me a car, so I approached the dealer in the next town. Using their contacts, some effort, and many phone calls, within 2 hours they'd secured me a car from a dealer a few hundred kms away (Secunda I think it was), and they delivered it to me at my home - registered, licenced, PDI'd, with a full tank of juice just 36 hours later.

They're in very short supply, but some effort might still find you what you're looking for. Otherwise I guess you'll have to wait 6-8 weeks?? for the next shipment to land.

I like your choice of orange. It looks great in photos, but it looks TOTALLY AMAZING in the flesh, especially in bright sunlight. Here in SA it's unimaginatively called "Metallic Orange". The American Scion's orange is called "Hot Lava" which is much more descriptive.

Hope you get your car soon - ENJOY!!
Please excuse the late reply. You are very very fortunate, I still don't have the car yet and there's no indication at all when I will be getting it. Did you pay anything extra for delivering it to you?

I also like the orange alot, hot lava sounds alot better, I'm just going to call it that anyway how are you enjoying your car so far?
Sudhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #2810
Si_Chris

Drives: 2016 ISM BRZ Limited, 2000 Civic SI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hello everyone! My name is Chris and I drive a 2000 Honda Civic Si.

I have been a avid lurker on this forum for months but never signed up until now. I love this forum! So many topics to read and pictures to see.

I don't own a FR-S or BRZ but I plan on getting one in the future. After owning a black car for the past 6-7 years, I am most certain the FR-S or BRZ I plan to get will be silver or white.

Anyways, here is a pic of my car from last spring with my Volk TE-37 wheels:

The car has a bunch of mods including a JDM engine swap and a full HID retrofit with projectors just to name a few. I have too many mods to list at the moment but I am slowly turning the car back to stock form as it is my daily driver.

Anyways, I hope I will learn more about the FR-S/BRZ from this forum in the coming future!
Si_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Si_Chris For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (02-13-2017)
Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #2811
Tessball

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Hello All
Just bought my ultramarine FR-S last Monday. Now I'm playing the frustrating waiting game. Wasnt really looking for a new car but tagged along with my buddy when she bought her rav4 and they had a few FR-Ss on display. Love at first sight. Two days later I was back for a test drive. Completely Sold. Read tons of reviews, and couldnt resist. And now i wait with a quote time of 8 weeks. Sigh...
So excited!
Tessball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #2812
Fish Eagle
Platinum Member

Drives: Toyota 86 Vortech SC
Thanked 1,021 Times in 541 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhir View Post
Please excuse the late reply. You are very very fortunate, I still don't have the car yet and there's no indication at all when I will be getting it. Did you pay anything extra for delivering it to you?

I also like the orange alot, hot lava sounds alot better, I'm just going to call it that anyway how are you enjoying your car so far?
I'm loving my car. Already done over 2000 kms, and I look for excuses to take it out for a drive...
Delivery at home cost nothing - it was just superb customer service.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #2813
Virtual86

Drives: 2001
long time reader short time poster

hey peoples,

this is my first post but I've been keeping up to date with the latest news and goss..

I'm from Australia and have an ft86 gts six speed in silver on order and I'm hanging out to get it. I only have around 5 months to go before it arrives.

anyway I'll try to contribute as much as I can and thanks for the good read.

Glenn
Virtual86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:58 AM   #2814
Pneub

Drives: Dark Grey BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How's it going everybody. I used have a stage 4 bug eye from 02-05 but had money issues and got rid of it. Now I'm back and picking up my grey BRZ tomorrow after dealing with ordering it out state because I couldn't get it for less than $2500 over MSRP here.

I've already got wheels and tires here as well as yellow springs, camber bolts, c strut mounts, crossmember bushings, and front and rear sway bars. My stoptech BBK with rear brake lines is on it's way over. After my break in I plan to take this down to Crawford and do some forced induction work. Once this is all put together I'll get some pics put up but it's really good to be back and I can't wait to be a Subaru owner again.
Pneub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo