follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #57
20valvewynn83

Drives: 2013 FRS/01 Tacoma
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrac View Post
It wouldn't have helped him in this case, as he was in a parking garage. 2 way alarms don't work to well inside steel and concrete boxes.
Really it worked just find in my girlfriends parking garage (structure). Maybe some don't work well but I had to run to my car a few Times because my alarm went off. Lucky for me my car was fine and they took off. And Lucky for them they didn't get stabbed that night
20valvewynn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #58
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,005 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
Love to hear more about this GPS alarm..
Lojack systems offer this functionality.

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #59
Indestruct

Drives: 2013 SWP Limited BRZ, MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sorry to hear, was probably a scion owner looking for subie badges. I am curious though, Did you turn on your alarm?? Our cars come with the factory alarm off...
Indestruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #60
Sony

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ MT Limited
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
To the FRS guys claiming BRZ owners are jackasses. Seriously guys? Quit with the Scion vs. Subaru hate bullshit...everyone got the car they wanted for their own reasons. For instance I paid cash for my BRZ in full because I wanted the heated seats and dual climate controls for my girl (She is small and always complaining about being cold) and I'd gladly spend an extra 3 grand to keep her happy. I also wanted the in-dash nav unit because I hate fumbling with my phone nav in the car.

To the people who are accusing FRS owners of stealing BRZ headlights...you are morons. You can't prove that, they could have been trying to steal them for grow lamps or something, plus you can't very well hook up the BRZ lights in the FRS without a ballast anyways so they would be useless in an FRS unless you also got a ballast from somewhere and somehow wired it in. They also could have been stealing them to sell on EBay as BRZ Replacement headlamps...who the hell knows. You people need to take a damn chill pill and stop making assumptions.

To the OP: I hope you were able to put the car back together with minimal trouble and damage. Sorry to hear the wait on a new window is going to be so long, I hope the time passes quickly for you, in the mean time keep that thing in a friends locked garage!
Sony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sony For This Useful Post:
boonFRS (02-16-2013), Calidrifter (02-22-2013), Giccin (02-21-2013), mangostick (02-16-2013), usptwins (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 02:23 AM   #61
Lanbaldo3
Divine Wind - Dori

Drives: RWD
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
i agree. no hate... on frs. im trying to get one also. but its like 240sx silvia front end or kouki bumpers. only owners of the same car different look will steal what they want. most likely it'd be an frs guy maybe someone in the forum but maybe not but this is the most likely situation. also a subie brz guy might of taken it also for extra parts cause they fucked up on DIY stuff. or they just straight hit a pole and dont wanna go through insurance or whats so ever. we will never know unless we catch them!!! and PUT THEM IN JAIL WHERE THEY CAN GET BUTT RAPE FOR EVERY PENNY IT COST TO FIX THAT!!!

1990 FC3S T2swapped! "Savannah"
1992 240sx Type X "Nadia"
2013 Scion FRS "Raven"
Drift Specials.....
Lanbaldo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #62
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I haven't read through the thread but someone in Oz was quoted $3,200 for a GTS 86 HID headlight assembly after it got scratched. Plus fitting.
'Only' $1,000 from Japan.
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #63
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,129 Times in 1,194 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
@cwik...was your BRZ alarm activated?

Also, tint helps discourage these things too...(makes the glass a bit more of a pain to smash)
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #64
Sony

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ MT Limited
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
The people that think you can use headlights for "grow lamps" are smoking the good shit.. You don't use car headlamps to grow weed, plain and simple. I've never heard something so dumb.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/02/t...a-grow-lights/

If you would have paid attention earlier in this thread you would have realized it's true.

Car headlamps, specifically HID headlamps are basically THE SAME type of lamp as a professional grow light. Grow lamps are just HID lamps in a different enclosure, they use the same HMI type lamp and their spectral (quality of light) output is basically the same. So yes...people DO steal headlamps to use as grow lamps. Why would a thief go out and purchase professional grow lamps when they can just steal basically the same thing from a car in a parking lot.

And before you go calling me an idiot again...please note that I am a professional Lighting Technician in the entertainment industry, I know more about lamps and lighting that you will ever need to know, I'm not just talking out my ass here...I do this stuff for a living and can provide spectral graph's if you REALLY want me to....

Both you and @mangostick are getting out of hand...I've reported you both.
Sony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sony For This Useful Post:
sho220 (02-22-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #65
raptor87

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Well pros have switched to LED because of the lower heat less chance of being caught by helicopters with infrared.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #66
Napoleon

Drives: BRZ WRB Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
All individuals make decisions on the micro-level to satisfy their own utility. We have three options in USA, the FRS starts at$25,255; Premium BRZ at $26,280; Limited BRZ at $28,280. All three trim levels are base on current prices and, include destination and handling. So what compels each person to purchase one of the three options available. We analyze the marginal benefits versus the marginal cost. Many individuals purchase the FRS because the marginal cost exceeds the marginal benefit of the extra features in the BRZ or lack thereof. Other individuals purchase the BRZ because the marginal benefit in consuming the extra features exceeds the marginal cost. We make those decisions base on real income and opportunity costs. The opportunity cost of purchasing a BRZ means forgoing the allocation of resources for upgrades like wheels, tires, and so forth with the cheaper price of the FRS. The opportunity cost of purchasing an FRS means foregoing the extra standard features available on the BRZ—if the individual desire those features. Individuals make decisions everyday regarding how much utility they receive from consuming a good.

Why do some people purchase hardcover books while others purchase paperback books?
Why do some people purchase manual toothbrushes while others purchase electric toothbrushes?
Why do some people purchase manual razors while others purchase battery powered razors, or electric razors?
Why do some people purchase push-reel lawnmowers while others purchase gas-powered lawnmowers?

All of goods above serve similar functions to its counterpart. Yet, we all choose differently because we want to achieve maximum satisfaction for our wants and needs. FRS or BRZ, we purchase either one base on individual justification. FRS and BRZ owners did not make any wrong decisions.

Last edited by MannyO; 02-17-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Napoleon For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (02-16-2013), Imrac (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #67
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor87 View Post
Well pros have switched to LED because of the lower heat less chance of being caught by helicopters with infrared.
No. And thats illegal now.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #68
Hanakuso

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I really hope it isn't that easy to steal. I really don't want the BRZ or later on the higher end TRD, STI, etc models to be the next type-r. IMO the type-r was ruined by thieves and it was one of the main reasons I didn't want one.

I really would like BRZ headlights but if i'm buying used, not i'll have to think twice if the seller is a car jacker.
Hanakuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #69
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony View Post
...I've reported you both.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #70
NorseLegend
A Very Annoying Person

Drives: Subaru Impreza :( Hopefully BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Definitely planning to invest in the Viper window film. Alarm system probably a little later on.
NorseLegend is offline   Reply With Quote