follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
Neziah

Drives: 2013 HotLava FRS, 2005 Legacy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
You should not even bother dealing with the dealer, the extended warranty contract is not with them.

Read the contact, call the number directly. If you financed through Toyota ( note number in the post above this ) They will refund it based on the terms. Full refund if done quick enough, pro-rated if past the cancel date. If the car is still financed with Toyota, they just credit the loan. I was told the credit takes about 15-30 days to appear on the account after it is canceled.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
fledonfoot

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neziah View Post
If the car is still financed with Toyota, they just credit the loan. I was told the credit takes about 15-30 days to appear on the account after it is canceled.
When I cancelled the GAP and extended warranty two months before I traded in my 2011 Camry to buy down my negative equity, they cut me a check and mailed it.
fledonfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #17
foxhu

Drives: BRZ
I never buy extend warranties. there are many reason for them to not fix the car for you even if you are under warranty, and if you do purchase a warranty with spot car then you might as well just get a reg car, because one day YOU WILL WANT TO CHANGE SOME PART. then your warranty will just be voided. good luck!@!@!
foxhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
I got my extended warranty, but I knew I was going to put on the miles.. In three month I would've used up a third of the manufacter warranty at 36k.. Working at a dealership.. I've seen cars that never needed it... I've seen cars that used it up till it expired.. It's always a gamble. In my case I'd rather have it and not need it.. Then need it and not have it.. Kinda like my pistol lol
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
FR-S86

Drives: MT Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I canceled my extended warranty yesterday, the manager tried to talk me in so I wouldn't cancel it. It didnt work out for him really well. So I had to sign a cancellation paper, he came out and looked at the miles on my car and that was it. He told me my apr/monthly payment is the same only the difference is that example instead of like 60 months it would drop down to like 57. Had my car since October. The dealer is BSing with you. Best for you is to contact straight to Toyota HQ.

NC Plate: GT86
FR-S86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
g0lden

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Argento
you always have the option to cancel it, but for the money you should probably keep it just incase.
I always cancel the tire, window, dent package BS. I do like the Toyota Auto-care, and platinum Warranty package, but thats just me.
g0lden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #21
JohnAyySays

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S86 View Post
I canceled my extended warranty yesterday, the manager tried to talk me in so I wouldn't cancel it. It didnt work out for him really well. So I had to sign a cancellation paper, he came out and looked at the miles on my car and that was it. He told me my apr/monthly payment is the same only the difference is that example instead of like 60 months it would drop down to like 57. Had my car since October. The dealer is BSing with you. Best for you is to contact straight to Toyota HQ.
Sweet thanks for your experience! I am actually going to stop by the dealer tomorrow and hopefully get things straightened out. I tried calling Toyota HQ but supposedly the warranties I purchased aren't even in there database. I was also told by them that apr and monthly shouldn't be affected only the months I have to pay off decreases.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #22
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
I get a sick satisfaction out of going into dealers with friends that just got "required" service contracts, and arguing the dealership to remove it. Boy do they fight! Bunch of complete a-holes for selling it in the first place, then even more evil for fighting to cancel it.

Even if you cancel after the 60 days, you'll get a pro-rated refund.

Nobody should EVER buy a warranty from a dealer, ever, ever, ever!

If you really think you need one, get it from your credit union, cause you didn't finance with the dealer either right?

I also love financing through the dealer, then the next day going to the credit union and re-financing it. Dealer looses the financing profit and I feel SOOOO much better for some reason!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #23
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fledonfoot View Post
When I cancelled the GAP and extended warranty two months before I traded in my 2011 Camry to buy down my negative equity, they cut me a check and mailed it.
And immediately put it back on your loan right?
Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #24
RAWR BRZ

Drives: 2010 BMW M3, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefoot View Post
The dealer is bs'ing you. If you cancel the dealer doesnt get their money for selling the warranty. The APR thing is BS, it is just done to scare you...by the tyme ou figure it out guess what your 60 days are up.
After 60 days it becomes prorated... so every day is like 1-2 dollars depending on the length of the extended warranty.
RAWR BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:30 AM   #25
eddieEndo
Smokin on Dat Endo

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i've really been considering cancelling it as well..., so instead of my payments changing or them mailing me the money, it will be credited to my account right?? I really want to avoid going to the dealer, the number provided for toyota financial will be sufficient to cancel?
eddieEndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #26
Hix

Drives: 2017 WRB PP
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
NEVER GET AN EXTENDED WARRANTY WHEN YOU PURCHASE A CAR... There I said it.

The problem with them is you pay for the warranty from that second forward, even though it has no effect until the factory is no longer there you still pay for it. So now lets say you wanted to sell the car before the factory warranty is out. Poof you are out that money. You can ask for a refund but it will be a partial even though you NEVER used it and never could use it. Extended warranties are the same price from the point of purchase all the way until 1 mile until it is needed.

Extended warranties are also separate from finance companies and car manufacturers. Even if they share the name they are different entities. They cannot affect your rate by changing extended warranty that is a total lie. Cancel it now and get the refund in the mail (Note: it will not apply to your loan automatically, don't take their offer to do so.) Once you get the check apply the full amount in an after payment principal only check to your loan office.
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
mykalduran
I love my ride!

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S / Whiteout
I got suckered into the extended warranty too. The finance manager told me if I get it then my APR would drop! so since i got my apr dropped, imma return the extended warranty - didn't know i could do that so thanks for the info guys! imma let ya'll know how it goes when i do it. I'll deal with the number on the contract for the extended warranty and hope all goes well.
mykalduran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #28
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I am going to cancel mine but mine is 3rd party warranty (Fidelity Warranty Service). I googled it and FWS has horrible stories. I hope i get my $$ or credit back to my loan.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote