follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
MindtheGap

Drives: Ultramarine FRS mt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
New tail lights and fuel pump inc

Well I knew the day would come when I would have to take it back in but this is too much too deal with (water in ze lights, picture below). So that day was today.

I thought while I am here why not just get the TSB for the squeaky fuel pump taken care of or at least in motion. The service writer dude tried to say it was normal because your car had a "boxer" engine (as if this was news to me). He didnt want to listen to the noise (zzz)... I didnt really feel like making him feel like an idiot at his work by explaining his STI does not have toyota direct injection nor a service bulletin out for his car to repair said squeaky pump if needed (he probably should have already known this being he works there) and is really not too fair a comparison. My friend is a mechanic there (Frederick Darcars) so I told him to just take care of the TSB when ordering the tail lights because I dont have time to explain to the service writer information they should already know. Long story short if you have the extra squeaky fuel pump you will have to work to get it replaced/looked at because the dealers have no idea what is going on with this car.

The fuel pump is on backorder but the tail lights should be in a day or two. May just pick up the car after the lights are on and wait for the pump. Just my experience if anyone is interested!
MindtheGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
mikeg7827

Drives: 1995 Ford Probe
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
YUP tell them to call SCION Customer Experience line. They confirmed there is a TSB for the lights, cricket noise/squeak from the fuel pump.. and should not decline to fix it if you actually have the noise.

I too was told because it is a "subaru boxer engine" this is normal. When it is NOT.
Its good to see that the tail lights are not on backorder like my dealer told me LOL
mikeg7827 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeg7827 For This Useful Post:
MindtheGap (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My dealership noted the chirp on my first visit so I wouldn't have to come back for a diagnosis. When I notices my tail light issue, I called them up, and they ordered the tail lights and all of the parts for the fuel pump right then and there.

When I dropped the car off, they confirmed my water issue and replaced the tail lights and the fuel pump in one visit.

Awesome place. But my tech also own a BRZ, so he knows what's going on with them.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grimlock For This Useful Post:
MindtheGap (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Darryljr11
Sideways and Smiling!

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
My dealership noted the chirp on my first visit so I wouldn't have to come back for a diagnosis. When I notices my tail light issue, I called them up, and they ordered the tail lights and all of the parts for the fuel pump right then and there.

When I dropped the car off, they confirmed my water issue and replaced the tail lights and the fuel pump in one visit.

Awesome place. But my tech also own a BRZ, so he knows what's going on with them.
If i could find a toyota tech like this i would be so happy lol
Darryljr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
MindtheGap

Quote:

Good to hear success stories
Old 12-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

Annapolis Subaru?
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
IloveBaldEagles

Drives: Gray.
Thanked 2,086 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
My dealer, where I work are here to help me out. Could be because I work there lol.
Anyway, when I went it got the taillights they ordered it on the spot. And when I mentioned the crickets to them they wanted to confirm it and ordered the part ever since. And there I have a tech of my choice because of how I see him work and his respect to sports cars. Oh, and the pump is on back order, with the hose/pipe. The gaskets are not though, I've been waiting since November 11.
IloveBaldEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Annapolis Subaru?
Herb Gordon. I've heard good things about Annapolis, but I bought my car at Herb Gordon and they've treated me pretty well so far.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Herb Gordon. I've heard good things about Annapolis, but I bought my car at Herb Gordon and they've treated me pretty well so far.

was just there the other day they seem friendly
Old 12-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
I was actually planning on going there for my service versus going to Fitz; didn't buy my car at any MD dealership, but I loathe Fitz.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
kanundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
I was actually planning on going there for my service versus going to Fitz; didn't buy my car at any MD dealership, but I loathe Fitz.

which fitz? I bought my car from there because their service depart (back in the day) use to be great (Fitz toyota that is)
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #12
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
which fitz? I bought my car from there because their service depart (back in the day) use to be great (Fitz toyota that is)
Fitz Subaru Lake Forest. You and I have had this conversation before haha.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #13
kanundrum

Ah yes my memory getting old and I'm only 28
Old 12-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
MindtheGap

So now I'm told a "field engineer" has to come look at it... here is the best part, sometime this week. I am lucky to have another car, but I dunno this kinda sucks balls buying a new car and being told you cant have it back for a week or two. I am going to give it a couple days, but thoughts?