follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #225
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,100 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
FYI, today is last day to ask question to Scion USA. When I wake up tomorrow morning, I'll be sending out the questions to Scion USA.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #226
NA_T

Drives: E36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will there be a lighter, more track oriented version of the GT86? With upgraded brakes, no back seat, extra chassis stiffening, and so on..?

Here in Belgium we can't mod cars that easily due to regulations, so a 'stock' car wich is more suited for track applications (Like Renault's "RS" brand) are perfect here.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #227
PabloN

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, M/T argento
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
initial production problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post

I think it's fairly safe to say that the quality issues have been addressed by Toyota. My FR-S has a build date of August 2012. I have had none of the the issues I've read in these pages since I purchased it in September except one and that is a humerous story. My car had the clank/rattle/squeak in the rear package shelf area. I took it to my local dealership that confirmed there was a problem and we agreed to wait till a service bulletin came out since Toyota was already aware of the problem and a bulletin would be coming. While waiting for a service bulletin to come out my problem has decided to correct itself and has left the premises. So, I can now say I have zero problems with my FR-S.
+1. My car is also an August build with no problems. Earlier posts mentioned the chirping sound was a production problem with high-pressure fuel pump (e.g., Subaru service bulletin 09-54-12), certainly not Tada-san's fault...

Last edited by PabloN; 12-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #228
olorin

Drives: GBS Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
What 3 mods would you make to the FRS/BRZ?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #229
alexmotrix
rookie drifter

Drives: 1987 ae86, 1985 celica gts
To scion,
Will the release series (hoping there will be some) be more performance oriented and be closer to BRZ premium accessories equiped, I did rent my frs for 3 years hoping I could buy a release series in 3 years with kind of TC RS7.0 equipment specs (for now I don't care about colors)

By performance oriented I mean maybe TRD springs, sway bars, chassis stiffenings, brake cooling ducts from factory (since you still don't offer fog lights...)

To Tada San, simply thank you for creating this awesome car
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #230
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6 View Post
I'll keep this simple as I know you will need to translate it.

Firstly, thank the man for bringing back the traditional affordable sports car of the 20th century! Toyota is very innovative with their ideas and always leap outside of the box there placed in (compared to other car makers).

1. Has this partnership with Subaru worked out well for Toyota, will you be considering doing future projects with Subaru again (has this been a success)?

2. How do you find the time to travel, develop cool cars and spend time with your family? your always popping up everywhere in different countries.. are you tired from all the traveling etc?

3. Is there anything you can tell the FT86 community that can place us on our toes?
I can answer #2 (even though I'm not Tada-san). How does he have time to spent time with his family? He doesn't/can't! Example: Last 2~3 months, he got 1 day off to get home to get his clothes and that's pretty much it (give or take) & he have being doing this for a long time (since this project). His schedule is ridiculously busy, I myself have no idea HOW he's doing this. He's technically "engineer" and not "presenter", so don't really need to travel much as he should be.

Seriously, he's doing this ridiculous schedule, long traveling, no time w family, and all the events (including this Q&A). When I ask for this Q&A event, one of reply was "みなさんに喜んで頂けるならなんなりとリクエストください。" ("if delight everyone, please request it")

That's why, somewhat grieves me to see some of questions here. Shaving his free time to reaching out to us, and get is "Why this-&-that problem of this car? What you gotta say about this? oh btw, even you replied to this question, I'll return the car either way" If it was me, I'll snap or worse, heart broken. Yes, life isn't always sunny & rainbow, but that doesn't mean you can bring rain & storm... at least there's a proper way to "ask a question".

Anyways, done ranting... better get back to translating for Tada-san and I need to finalize all the questions for Scion USA, so I can email Scion USA tomorrow morning.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #231
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
To SCION USA,

Would it be possible to do a "Homecoming" like every other year or 2 where all BRZ/FRS owners/fans come together from all over the world at Scion HQ in Socal and invite Tada-san?

Honda USA did something similar with the Honda S2000 (Google S2000 homecoming) and they invited the father of the S2000/NSX Shigeru Uehara.

To Tada-san,

Would you be welcome to coming to this "Homecoming Event" if put together? Reason why is because I want you to sign my dash when I get my car.

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
Old 12-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #232
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I can answer #2 (even though I'm not Tada-san). How does he have time to spent time with his family? He doesn't/can't! Example: Last 2~3 months, he got 1 day off to get home to get his clothes and that's pretty much it (give or take) & he have being doing this for a long time (since this project). His schedule is ridiculously busy, I myself have no idea HOW he's doing this. He's technically "engineer" and not "presenter", so don't really need to travel much as he should be.

Seriously, he's doing this ridiculous schedule, long traveling, no time w family, and all the events (including this Q&A). When I ask for this Q&A event, one of reply was "みなさんに喜んで頂けるならなんなりとリクエストください。" ("if delight everyone, please request it")

That's why, somewhat grieves me to see some of questions here. Shaving his free time to reaching out to us, and get is "Why this-&-that problem of this car? What you gotta say about this? oh btw, even you replied to this question, I'll return the car either way" If it was me, I'll snap or worse, heart broken. Yes, life isn't always sunny & rainbow, but that doesn't mean you can bring rain & storm... at least there's a proper way to "ask a question".

Anyways, done ranting... better get back to translating for Tada-san and I need to finalize all the questions for Scion USA, so I can email Scion USA tomorrow morning.
kewl! while you are at it,ask 'em WHY all these niggling little (half a*s) issues with the car? this stuff should have been caught on the assembly line!.it's difficult to fathom that japanese assemblers are making cars like americans!..just sayin'
The Following User Says Thank You to jmaryt For This Useful Post:
FRSjeff (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #233
jmaryt
Banned

the car should have more sound deadener in it!..
this should NOT have been sacrificed,and WHY so many (half-ass)
small build issues? this is so uncharacteristic of japanese built cars!
this "niggling" crap should have been "caught" during the assembly process!
The Following User Says Thank You to jmaryt For This Useful Post:
FRSjeff (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #234
Z6

Drives: 86
Thanks ichitaka05

It just amazes me how 1 man can do what he does, great asset to Toyota.

In regards to what has been posted above:

Remember this was a joint venture with Subaru, I have been having teething problems with the 86 since I have bought it, I am now selling it as it has given me a really bad taste of the entire purchasing process.

My car was off roads for 4 weeks due to the CEL issue, my dealer offered me absolutely nothing. I made 4 trips to the Toyota service center to get these small issues fixed.

To say the least this is not how I expected to be treated by Toyota, I have been a long time fan of Toyota since the very beginning and I would have expected them to at-least grant me an extended warranty. While I am 1 of many customers I am sure it is no loss to Toyota - its a great car don't get me wrong, just had a bad run in with Toyota and the way my dealership treated me in Australia.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #235
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Thanks for the all the questions to Scion USA, all the questions to Scion USA is FINISHED

Questions to Tada-san will be December 16th
Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #236
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2100 View Post
Does Toyota have plans to help/encourage the development of a spec racing series, similar to Spec Miata?

I basically want to know if Spec 86 will be the next Spec Miata, with huge fields of cars training a new generation of drivers. Toyota could help foster this by supporting racers with a discount on common replacement parts and building relationships with aftermarket parts manufacturers and racing organizations.
This.

Also is there a plan for a contingency program for podium placings? (more for scion then Tada).

Edit: disregard I see scion is done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #237
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Thanks for the all the questions to Scion USA, all the questions to Scion USA is FINISHED

Questions to Tada-san will be December 16th
i apologize! perhaps a "misundestanding" on my part! i thought these questions would be directed to "tada-san!" my bad! i could care less about directing MY questions to "scion-usa!" THEY did NOT build the car, "subaru" did at a plant in japan!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #238
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
i apologize! perhaps a "misundestanding" on my part! i thought these questions would be directed to "tada-san!" my bad! i could care less about directing MY questions to "scion-usa!" THEY did NOT build the car, "subaru" did at a plant in japan!
Yes I know, I didn't put your questions to "Scion USA".

Closed Thread