follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 10-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #127
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,383 Times in 4,137 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
He trollin.
If you are referring to me it was not my intention to come off as a troll. When I read that "Toyota is going to get be ramping up production" it struck me as TMCA marketing spiel. As a another example of TMCA either having no idea or being flexible with the truth.
And yes, I am a pedant.
Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #128
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Subaru lover - toyota h8r

Just relax...

Because Racecar
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #129
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by st162celica View Post
Subaru lover - toyota h8r
Pardon? What does that mean?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #130
st162celica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Pardon? What does that mean?
relax dude. You take shit too seriously. :happy0180:
Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #131
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Yeah, you're right. I will go for a walk.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #132
st162celica

Quote:
lol... smoko break ...
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #133
cuddefred

Drives: Black 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
So to be pedant it is 'pedantic'! Also, it is perfectly understandable that while Subaru may be building the cars, Toyota have control of their own orders and will know when and how many vehicles are heading this way. When I say heading, I do not mean literally in the sense of 'heading' a soccer ball, I mean coming, not 'coming' in the sexual way... I hope you can see my point of view (I should have said 'understand' because clearly you would not be able to see my point of view whereas you may be able to 'read' it). I could go on, but what I am trying to say (sorry, type, not say) is don't take things too literally!
Let's just hope the news is accurate and we that are still waiting may get our new rides a little earlier than expected

Last edited by cuddefred; 10-01-2012 at 09:43 PM.
cuddefred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cuddefred For This Useful Post:
nix (10-03-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #134
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Smile

Vodka !
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #135
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Funny post. And by post I don't mean miscellaneous sized wooden pole.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #136
RaGH

Drives: 86 ordered and on the way (I hope)
I received a call today informing me that my order of a MT GT Tornado Grey has been pushed back to a date that can't be confirmed, but to expect a Feb to April delivery. I order mine at the start of July.

It's incredibly frustrating to see people who ordered a GTS spec around the same time have their order pushed forward due to the extra allocation, and had I known that the letter from Toyota Australia saying GT would take 3-6 months and GTS taking 18 months be in truth the opposite I would have ordered a GTS instead.

Adding salt to the wound, when I put my deposit down the dealer showed me the paperwork for the car I wanted having already been ordered before I got there and that it already had a confirmed production date of october. This was perfect for me as my company car lease ended at the same time. I now have just over 4 weeks to find a new car. If I hadn't of called the dealership to confirm the date (as I was organising payment this week), who knows when they would have told me.

I wrote a letter of complaint (below). Why? Just to vent, but in reality I know it'll make no difference.. But I feel better hahah..

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment with my experience at Toyota and my order of an 86 GT spec. I originally went into Rockingham Toyota (Toyotaways) to place an order for an 86 the week of release. The salesperson was extremely disinterested with me and actually selling the car, as I can only presume he had lost his energy and passion due to the influx of time wasters surrounding this model. Begrudgingly he walked me through all the features of the car and after having to ask a few times for a test drive and the finally receiving a 3 minute drive around the block, I left a deposit and signed the paperwork for a Manual 86 GT in Tornado Grey. At the time he couldn't give me a date, not even an indication of when orders will be fulfilled and then informed me a few days later to expect it February.

On the 13th of July I visited the Toyota dealership in Mandurah (around the corner from where I worked), where the sales person was super friendly and helpful and informed me that they already had an order for the spec I want but for the dealership which would be delivered October and had the supporting paperwork showing it's order having already been placed and the scheduled production date. I was invited to cancel my order with Rockingham and leave my deposit with Mandurah to secure that vehicle, which I promptly did.

Yesterday (3/10/12) after waiting 4 months I contacted my sales person to confirm the delivery date so I could organise payment. I was today informed that the production date has now changed and I should not expect my car before the end of the year. Worst case scenario February to April. Indicating that there is no confirmed production date.

As you can imagine the immense frustration this would cause is overwhelming. I was shown documentation showing the production date, which I can now see as being false. I was shown a letter from Toyota to the dealer explaining that the wait on the GTS was 18 months, but only 3-6 months for the GT which I can now see as being false, and I was promised and guaranteed delivery before the end of November, which I can now see as being false too.

To add to my woes, a friend had an order placed with Rockingham for a GTS and received a call this week to be told it'll be delivered for Christmas as it has a end of october production date. I have also since heard orders around the same time for the GTS are now being scheduled for an end of year production due an extra 740 vehicle allocation. If I had of ordered a GTS (against the dealers recommendations) I could have potentially received it earlier than my GT. So the letter from Toyota which helped influence my purchase has now flipped my expectations upside down. The GT model which should have been made available September/October is now next year, and the GTS model which was expected to take 18 months is now being delivered before the end of the year (if the order was placed around the same time as me).

This would have been the first car I ever purchased new, and the first car ever from a dealership and the whole experience has left me very bitter with both Toyota and dealerships in general. With no definite date and no sign of treating the customer right and respectfully I have cancelled my order. This news is probably common given the long waits, but I was ready for the wait, and I did wait, and now apparently for nothing.

I know this letter will potentially change nothing, but hopefully the feedback will reach the right ears, and for someone to realise that while the 86 brought customers into the dealer, the dealer and Toyota Australia have pushed them further away and like me, possibly never to return.

I would like to be told, 'don't worry, have a car that is unallocated and due for production and delivery for the same date as you had planned', but I highly doubt that would happen.

Kind Regards,
xxx.
And if you read this far, you'll also see I have cancelled my order. I don't believe in giving money to companies that do not deserve it.. And for a luxury item such as a car I shouldn't have to be putting all the effort in, it should be the other way around.

TL;DR

Toyota can suck a ****.
RaGH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RaGH For This Useful Post:
primetime (10-05-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #137
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Holy damn man.. That sucks..

David Buttner is the head of sales and marketing (what I gathered for google)
Perhaps you can address this to him?
Perhaps everyone could address frustrations directly at him since he is the head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaGH View Post
I received a call today informing me that my order of a MT GT Tornado Grey has been pushed back to a date that can't be confirmed, but to expect a Feb to April delivery. I order mine at the start of July.

It's incredibly frustrating to see people who ordered a GTS spec around the same time have their order pushed forward due to the extra allocation, and had I known that the letter from Toyota Australia saying GT would take 3-6 months and GTS taking 18 months be in truth the opposite I would have ordered a GTS instead.

Adding salt to the wound, when I put my deposit down the dealer showed me the paperwork for the car I wanted having already been ordered before I got there and that it already had a confirmed production date of october. This was perfect for me as my company car lease ended at the same time. I now have just over 4 weeks to find a new car. If I hadn't of called the dealership to confirm the date (as I was organising payment this week), who knows when they would have told me.

I wrote a letter of complaint (below). Why? Just to vent, but in reality I know it'll make no difference.. But I feel better hahah..

And if you read this far, you'll also see I have cancelled my order. I don't believe in giving money to companies that do not deserve it.. And for a luxury item such as a car I shouldn't have to be putting all the effort in, it should be the other way around.

TL;DR

Toyota can suck a ****.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #138
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Can perfectly understand your frustration mate, only hope Toyota/Subaru take note cos you're not the only one to cancel as a result.
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #139
RaGH

Drives: 86 ordered and on the way (I hope)
Did you find a contact number or email? It was hard enough finding complaints@toyota.com.au

If anyone else knows of other points of contact let me know.
RaGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #140
a.beck
Doing it wrong.

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZT86 View Post
Can perfectly understand your frustration mate, only hope Toyota/Subaru take note cos you're not the only one to cancel as a result.
Subaru's ordering and tracking system is great - first come, first served Australia wide. I changed my order from an 86 GT to a BRZ, partially because of Toyota's inscrutable allocation crap.
a.beck is offline   Reply With Quote