follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
They definitely shipped from Japan I've attached the tracking progress from the tracking number. I'm just as shocked as you as to how quickly this all happened.

Toyotapartsoutlet reported that FiveAxis finally finished up the spoilers for silver, so they should be shipping soon. 5-6 weeks when you're told 2-3 definitely sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAuto View Post
Awesome to hear that about RSR, because we are going to be working with them very soon, and I'm going to put their coilovers on my personal FR-S!

Of course I agree with you whole-heartedly about communication being key with any one. We are told at Bulletproof to treat everyone with the same respect even if there is no "sale". We are all car guys, so we love hearing about builds and try to offer our help / services.

However, dealing with a lot of rushed orders myself. Even a great company like RSR doesn't have the capacity to send something from Japan in 7 days. I would love to imagine so, but we actually pay extra to have the fastest shipping services possible out of all the companies in the U.S. and 7 days to ship and clear customs is just impossible. Another however here haha, with RSR having a U.S. base location as well... they are able to freely stock items and ship from there.

Any legit retailers, us included, must have the product shipped from Japan, clear customs, arrive at OUR warehouse, checked for damage, inventory must be done and then the part needs to be shipped to the customer. That is all without a "hitch".

I hope this doesn't come off as too off topic... just wanted to write a post like this for all the customers who sometimes hear false deadlines / promises for products that are definitely not in stock here in the U.S., and claims that they will get here in a few days (or even weeks). It can't happen with a lot of parts because JDM companies rarely have a bunch of product sitting around (basically made to order) and shipping to U.S., even via air freight is not as fast as we'd like, nor guaranteed by any means.

At Bulletproof, we always under-promise, over-deliver. That's our motto. You will never wait longer than we said you would.
Attached Images

denkigrve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to denkigrve For This Useful Post:
BPAuto (07-26-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAuto View Post
p.s., feel free to give us a call. I have some contacts at FiveAxis and maybe we can help you get this situation taken care of. If you decide you want something else also, we can take care of you as well.
Thanks for the reach out. I'll keep you guys in mind for my next purchase.
The Following User Says Thank You to denkigrve For This Useful Post:
BPAuto (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #17
El Diablito

Drives: 2013 Silver scion fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just order mines today can't wait for it to get here now
El Diablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #18
phm14
Loves the Smell of Track

Drives: '13 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
My only contact w 5AD was positive. Had a question on installation. They spent ~ 10 minutes on the phone going over the process in detail.
phm14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
Thanks for the reach out. I'll keep you guys in mind for my next purchase.

Any word on your spoiler?

This may piss you off a bit if it's true that the silver will be painted last but.....myself and @Phaedrus29 (GBS and DGM respectively) have received no word about our 5AD spoiler either. Potentially bailing to get a Carsmo spoiler.

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #20
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
Any word on your spoiler?

This may piss you off a bit if it's true that the silver will be painted last but.....myself and @Phaedrus29 (GBS and DGM respectively) have received no word about our 5AD spoiler either. Potentially bailing to get a Carsmo spoiler.
So I sent the CEO a message on FaceBook and he explained what's going on:

Quote:
Thanks for contacting me. I completely understand your disappointment and am very sorry for the issue. The truth or the matter is two-fold with you car. First off the Argento was one of the tougher colors to match. Early models had a very bad mismatch between the bumpers and sheetmetal. Not sure how your car is. Because our parts fit on both the bumpers and sheetmetal, we had to modify and develop multiple formulas. This took much longer than anticipated.
Secondly, we had to modify the instructions and make a template kit because we had a few issues with customer's spoilers coming loose simply due to alignment issues and installer error. As intuitive as it seems the location of the spoiler is very critical to maximize the adhesion. We literally just got the template in on Friday and are preparing the new packaging and should be sending out orders starting this week.
Despite others getting their kits, you'll notice there are no Argento ones yet. So please don't feel singled out by any means.
I deeply apologize for the huge delay. New products are fun in that you think you have it bullet proof but then a situation like the loose spoilers come up and you have to react immediately which sometimes means holding back a product.
The main reason too for the overall delay is simply supply and demand. We had a huge reaction to this kit and had more orders than anticipated. This coupled with the issues with color and installation just compounded the issue more.
Our goal is to always offer a top notch product and in seeking to do this, we have to sometimes delay things in the interest of getting it right. This has been the case for the FR-S kits and spoilers.
So they made some changes in addition to having D6S color matching issues. Still no word on where the spoiler actually is. It's been really stupid having to wait this long, and having to resort to something like this to get an answer...
Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #21
tnt

Drives: argento frs at
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I just got update from my dealer that my argento aero kit will be dropped ship 8/3/12 so hopefully will get it sometime this week. Cann't wait to see how this puppy turns out.
by the way, I got the same reasons for the delay from my dealer.

Last edited by tnt; 08-08-2012 at 11:28 AM.
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #22
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Im waiting on mine as well, its been over a month and a half i might cancel.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #23
Laika
When In Doubt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
So I sent the CEO a message on FaceBook and he explained what's going on:

So they made some changes in addition to having D6S color matching issues. Still no word on where the spoiler actually is. It's been really stupid having to wait this long, and having to resort to something like this to get an answer...
Thanks for posting that response. This is really ridiculous. I just want to get my spoiler, install it, and then never buy anything from 5AD again.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #24
Laika
When In Doubt...

Update: MY SPOILER WAS SHIPPED OUT TODAY

YAY. Finally.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #25
Phaedrus29

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotapartsoutlet View Post
All you have to do is call me and I can credit your card back until the spoiler ships. If you are in need of the cash just let me know. I'm here for the customer 100%

Blake
Trying to cancel my order with toyotapartsoutlet. I've sent a couple PMs, a couple emails, and just called the phone number on their webpage during business hours and got the voicemail.

-----

UPDATE: Just got through to Blake on the phone. Sounds like a good guy and says he'll cancel the order no problem.

Last edited by Phaedrus29; 08-09-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #26
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
Update: MY SPOILER WAS SHIPPED OUT TODAY

YAY. Finally.
Lucky. I'm still waiting and I was one of the first orders. This is really bad customer service. What color was yours?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #27
tnt

Drives: argento frs at
still waiting for mine man
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #28
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
glad to see I'm not the only one with issues here.

I actually got a phone call from Young at 5axis explaining it to me the problem and that my spoiler should ship in 2 weeks (from the 11th) so I am expecting it soon.

Fitment of their parts are suppose to be amazing but this wait has soured them a bit for me (talking to Young did help but not enough) I prob won't buy another part from 5Axis after this but who knows maybe they will do something for those that have had to wait months now.