follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2021, 08:43 AM   #15
aKaGorganZola

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series. Yellow
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Update: Delicious is sending me new fuel pressure & flex fuel sensors to see if it's just a simple sensor gone bad. Will update after I swap them.
aKaGorganZola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:22 PM   #16
brzlegend

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aKaGorganZola View Post
So funny story but just this last week my car started behaving very similarly to this. After a drive the car cranks for a few seconds before firing up then send to run ok. Over night three car starts fine in the morning. I just assumed it was the heat and humidity but when I pulled up the live data it looks like my fuel pressure is lower than I remember. It's foggy now but I seem to remember about 60psi at the fuel rail but now I'm only seeing about 40. Anyone know if our cars have an inline fuel filter i can pull to check or just the sock in the tank?

Inline filter is in the tank(in the basket driver side LH) the fuel pump sits in the middle of it.

Sounds like a leaking injector. Since it starts better after it sits, gas has time to evaporate instead of flooding the engine.

Last edited by brzlegend; 09-02-2021 at 12:04 AM.
brzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:47 AM   #17
Kirian_N64

Drives: 2017 GT86 + 2005 C2VTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i grew up on a car that destroyed it's own engine mounts calmly driving around town, randomly puked transmission fluid, leaked oil at a rate fast enough i didn't need to change it, just keep adding new oil, the a/c never worked, the heat stopped working after the 2nd year, and the convertible top only kept the big rain drops out.

after that, your priorities change. if it starts, it starts. not worth messing with.
Hahaha... Never underestimate the power of bad experiences... Most of the noises and small dings do not bother me 2day, because I grew up driving such turds, that, if it didn't stall on me on a trip, i felt like a king.... The most fun "issue" i had with a car was, my first car (all being manual/stick) would stall every time i ¸pushed the clutch (so, when gearbox inertia was not keeping it running), and now and then i lost all gears but third, and had to get out of the car, and click a little rod on the shifter in place, luckily it was right next to the exhaust manifold, so i burnt my f***ing hand every f***ing time... Ah yes, the central locking didn't allways work, and sometimes it locked itself, regardless of where the keys were, and yes, the sunroof leaked water like niagara falls.... And now people ask me sometimes if i get upset over a little squeak, or a plastic panel not fitting 100%... Dude, if it's running, i'm smiling
Kirian_N64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirian_N64 For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-02-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #18
aKaGorganZola

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series. Yellow
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I tried the new sensors but got the same readings so my next step was to dive into the tank again and check on the pump after I ran low on fuel again. To my surprise that came just under ⅛ tank of fuel indicated.
So I pulled it open and lo and behold the o-rings on the girl pump had been crushed and was allowing fuel to leak out of the line. I went and got some new fuel safe o-rings and then modified the spacer that was included in the Deatschwerks pump kit to fit under the 3 new o-rings. This time on install I could clearly feel the 3 individual rings seating inside.
Fired right up and all seems to be well now. Glad to have that issue out of the way.
Attached Images

aKaGorganZola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aKaGorganZola For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-08-2021)

Tags
cranking, start up