follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 08-06-2019, 01:24 AM   #1
BEZO760

Drives: Blue 2016 SCION FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! Someone hit my car.

I woke up to my front bumper having a gnarly dent and upon further inspection I found my crash bar was also damaged and it appears, though I may be wrong, that my frame is ever so slightly bent downwards. I say this because my hood doesn't sit flush anymore. I have a small gap on either side not to mention the front which is were most of the damaged is visible. I'm pretty mad but I'm trying to stay level headed and just want to fix the damages and get on with it.

From the looks of it, it isn't bad. I'll buy an aftermarket front bumper (I wanted one anyways) and a Driftarmor crash bar (also was lookin into buying one, only thing holding me back was not being to sure how I was going to hook up my front splitter to it but nonetheless I'll have to figure it out now)

What I keep stressing about is the frame. If it is bent then it's ever so slightly bent. Anybody know of a place that specializes in fixing bent frames? Also anyone have an estimate on how much this will run me? If someone knows of a good place near 92084 please let me know.

Nothing else was damaged, I checked my fluids, inspected just about everything I could think of for cracks and such. I'll be taking it to a mechanic this weekened for a more thorough inspection.

Coworker said that the dent looks like a tow hitch from a truck. Only thing we can come up with was someone was parking infront ofme, got super close, dropped the clutch to soon while reversing/going forward and the truck jolted backwards.
Attached Images

Last edited by BEZO760; 08-06-2019 at 01:38 AM.
BEZO760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
aemravan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
that is one hell of a parked-car accident.. holy hell. Have you had this looked at at all yet?
Also, do you have any pictures of the radiator support with the hood open? I highly doubt your frame is bent from the impact.
aemravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
maslin
Benz Tech

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
You don't have a frame, you have a unibody. Generally, the front section can be replaced, that cross bar and the ears leading back.

Something is definitely tweaked, unless the aftermarket hood normally fits that poorly to the fenders.

Someone backed in to your tiny car with a solid metal hitch and hit a piece that is designed to fold. No one dropped the clutch too soon and did a smokey burn out on your hood. That's a low speed push, he was probably trying to knock that Toyota badge off your Scion.

Full coverage right? Turn it in and move on, you want it fixed right that's going to be a couple thousand.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:19 PM   #4
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
more responses in the other thread

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136194