follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 06-16-2019, 01:43 AM   #15
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,603 Times in 18,973 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydrian View Post
What would I do to fix this?
Unless it can be opened up enough in place to get to the evaporator, the HVAC unit will have to come out and be cleaned.

BTW, I tested this for myself by sticking a sheet of paper over the cabin filter. After a minute, mine started cycling exactly like yours. I pulled out the paper and it went right back to normal.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #16
Aydrian

Drives: 2015 Black Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Unless it can be opened up enough in place to get to the evaporator, the HVAC unit will have to come out and be cleaned.

BTW, I tested this for myself by sticking a sheet of paper over the cabin filter. After a minute, mine started cycling exactly like yours. I pulled out the paper and it went right back to normal.
I've notice now when the car is cold the ac compressor will work normally, but when it's been running for a little bit it will do the cycle if I put it in neutral. Also would I clean the part where the air filer goes? When I search up HVAC it shows the climate controls sorry for all the question ac is my blank area on cars
Aydrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:14 PM   #17
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Quote:
I've notice now when the car is cold the ac compressor will work normally, but when it's been running for a little bit it will do the cycle if I put it in neutral. Also would I clean the part where the air filer goes? When I search up HVAC it shows the climate controls sorry for all the question ac is my blank area on cars
Take it to an auto hvac shop and ask them if they might be able to backflush or properly clean the front face of the evaporator.

I'd start by removing the blower motor, setting it to floor mode, covering one of the outlet holes on the floor, and then taping a leaf blower over the other. I don't know how much that would help but I know I would try it first.

HEATING /AIR CONDITIONING UNIT: COMPONENTS; 2013 MY FR-S [05/2013 - ]
Old 06-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #18
Aydrian

Drives: 2015 Black Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Take it to an auto hvac shop and ask them if they might be able to backflush or properly clean the front face of the evaporator.

I'd start by removing the blower motor, setting it to floor mode, covering one of the outlet holes on the floor, and then taping a leaf blower over the other. I don't know how much that would help but I know I would try it first.

HEATING /AIR CONDITIONING UNIT: COMPONENTS; 2013 MY FR-S [05/2013 - ]
I took it back and it turns out the expansion valve replacement didn't work and they had to replace it again. It's working fine now thanks for all your help!
Aydrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:08 AM   #19
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Quote:
I took it back and it turns out the expansion valve replacement didn't work and they had to replace it again. It's working fine now thanks for all your help!
Oh, man. That's a WAY better outcome.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:27 PM   #20
mswbrz

Drives: 2013 brz limited / galaxy blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Did you have your car first worked on that you had to bring it back ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mswbrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compressor, rpms