follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #15
Bkdshadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know videos don’t do most exhausts justice, but here’s a drive off/ fly by with my gruppes header with a nameless exhaust

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ONHLzPsTM[/ame]
Bkdshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bkdshadow For This Useful Post:
jtice (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #16
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I have the Nameless Axelback as well.

My setup is a tad different though. Its the Nameless Axelback connected to a WORKS Resonated Midpipe, stock frontpipe, and JDL UEL Headers. Its loud (cuz of the headers) when WOT but soft enough at cruise and idle that cops dont immediately pull me over.

With headers theres a bit of drone but its not that bad. You are still able to hold a conversation which i like.

The Axelback JUST by itself is practically zero drone.

The 2.5" is slightly raspy i will admit. I used to have a 3" with 5" Mufflers. Tone was deeper and zero rasp. It also wasnt much louder which i liked.

If you want to hear how it sounds in cabin you can check out my video on it when i started running e85.

2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xxyion For This Useful Post:
jtice (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #17
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Heres a sound clip of the 3" with everything else stock. If you are curious
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
jtice (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #18
Razorlor

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited, Perf Package
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtice View Post
I dont mind it getting a bit loud when running it hard, but would like it to stay quiet under normal driving, and going up hills on the highway.

Would love to hear what yours sounds like.
Got a chance to do some driving and just used the dash cam to record, not the best quality, but it gets the point across.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNn3N3yvaj4"]BRZ Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]
Razorlor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Razorlor For This Useful Post:
jtice (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 09:09 PM   #19
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
i went corsa because it sounds gruff and growls from idle to 4K rpm, and then takes on a beautifully high pitched sound till redline. havent heard anything else like it for the twins.

by the sounds of youtube clips though you probably ruin it by changing headers etc.
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #20
jtice

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to jtice Send a message via AIM to jtice Send a message via Yahoo to jtice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdshadow View Post
I know videos don’t do most exhausts justice, but here’s a drive off/ fly by with my gruppes header with a nameless exhaust

Thanks for the video,
and this is not meant in any way to knock you setup, this stuff is all personal taste!
But yours is a good example of what I do NOT want, at 0:08 in your video, that raspy clapping.
Again, not knocking you at all, just personally what I like and dont like.
jtice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:38 PM   #21
jtice

Send a message via ICQ to jtice Send a message via AIM to jtice Send a message via Yahoo to jtice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxyion View Post
I have the Nameless Axelback as well.

My setup is a tad different though. Its the Nameless Axelback connected to a WORKS Resonated Midpipe, stock frontpipe, and JDL UEL Headers. Its loud (cuz of the headers) when WOT but soft enough at cruise and idle that cops dont immediately pull me over.

With headers theres a bit of drone but its not that bad. You are still able to hold a conversation which i like.

The Axelback JUST by itself is practically zero drone.

The 2.5" is slightly raspy i will admit. I used to have a 3" with 5" Mufflers. Tone was deeper and zero rasp. It also wasnt much louder which i liked.

If you want to hear how it sounds in cabin you can check out my video on it when i started running e85.

Thanks for the input and the video, I am a subscriber to your channel
Interesting what you say about 2.5" vs. 3"... I was afraid the 3" would be alot louder, its not though?
If it is deeper and has less rasp, maybe I should go with the Nameless 3" pipe 5" muffler then, over the 2.5" ?
Was there no drone with the 3" version either? (with stock remaining exhaust, header)
The Following User Says Thank You to jtice For This Useful Post:
Xxyion (04-14-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 10:47 PM   #22
jtice

Id like to thank everyone for their input and videos on this.
Exhaust is such a tricky thing to choose, especially when you cant hear them in person.

I am leaning toward the Nameless, it seems to be a deeper tone, with less highs.
There are times the Corsa sounds amazing, but other times I rear too much high pitch sound, and rasp from it.
Generally, in the vids, I hear less of that from the Nameless.
But now I am wondering, Nameless 2.5" of 3"
Old 04-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #23
Bkdshadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Having different opinions keeps us human, no worries and mine was the 3 inch inlet, so maybe 2.5 is a bit more tame?

Edit: just read above, nvm lol
Bkdshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:40 AM   #24
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Quote:
Thanks for the input and the video, I am a subscriber to your channel
Interesting what you say about 2.5" vs. 3"... I was afraid the 3" would be alot louder, its not though?
If it is deeper and has less rasp, maybe I should go with the Nameless 3" pipe 5" muffler then, over the 2.5" ?
Was there no drone with the 3" version either? (with stock remaining exhaust, header)
Woo thanks for the support man!

But yeah it was weird. I expected the 2.5" to be quieter but if anything it can seem louder due to the slight rasp.

If you are staying stock except axelback the 3" should be fine. Much deeper note and zero rasp. Also no drone at all. I ran the 3" for a long time and zero drone. IMO its the perfect exhaust. Its also a very clear note too which i really enjoy. A lot of the exhausts i tried, you could hear a lot of the airflow which i didnt enjoy.

When i end up buying a WRX i'll be running the namelss on that as well. It just sounds too good imo.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:34 AM   #25
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

found another video. This is a better representation of the 3" Nameless since i give some higher revs. You can tell theres no rasp. This is also with stock headers.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:21 AM   #26
jtice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxyion View Post
Woo thanks for the support man!

But yeah it was weird. I expected the 2.5" to be quieter but if anything it can seem louder due to the slight rasp.

If you are staying stock except axelback the 3" should be fine. Much deeper note and zero rasp. Also no drone at all. I ran the 3" for a long time and zero drone. IMO its the perfect exhaust. Its also a very clear note too which i really enjoy. A lot of the exhausts i tried, you could hear a lot of the airflow which i didnt enjoy.

When i end up buying a WRX i'll be running the namelss on that as well. It just sounds too good imo.
Awesome, appreciate the input.
There is a used Nameless 3" 5"muffler here in the sale section I am going to grab.
"Sounds" like it should be what I am looking for.

My buddy just bought a 2017 WRX STI, and we put a Nameless cat back on it, it sounds PERFECT. Since the STI still has UEL.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtice For This Useful Post:
Xxyion (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:46 AM   #27
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Quote:
Awesome, appreciate the input.
There is a used Nameless 3" 5"muffler here in the sale section I am going to grab.
"Sounds" like it should be what I am looking for.

My buddy just bought a 2017 WRX STI, and we put a Nameless cat back on it, it sounds PERFECT. Since the STI still has UEL.
Make sure it has the 5" mufflers or else it will be too loud.

But yeah man Nameless has the best exhausts for both our cars and the WRXs. Glad i could help!
jtice (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 06:32 PM   #28
R N M

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ, 2018 BMW M3 CP
I'm leaning towards the Corsa setup myself.

This is a great high quality sound video of Corsa exhaust and UEL header, sounds awesome!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U36Yguv5Q9c&t=0s&index=16&list=PLRKYdCRSeW q43h9aMUeNnXOm9f8tr9hM-"]FT86 Catted UEL Header & OFT Tune - POV Driving Impressions (Binaural Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

2018 BMW M3 Competition Package
2017 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sport
R N M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R N M For This Useful Post:
revaholic (04-24-2018)