follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 04-01-2017, 02:22 AM   #1
CxG

Drives: Pearl White '13 ZN6
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Know what I want but cant find it help!!!

I want to install a nexus 7 (secondgen) to in my car while placing the head unit down low in that little space under the HVAC controls. The issue is i can't find the right head unit since I donn't want to cut up that metal bar.

I was gonna go with the MVH-x560BT as the HU but it was discontinued and is hard to find(at least I haven't found one for sale).

Anybody know of another receiver that's
1) no more than 4 inches in depth
2) with at least 1 REAR aux and usb in.
3) built in bluetooth for calls with an output for a wired mic
4) and a minimum of 2 but preferably 3 rca out.

I really don't wanna cut up that metal bar but it's either I find a head unit that fits these needs or I gotta chop it up.

Thanks for the help guys.
CxG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:33 AM   #2
darko

Drives: RAVEN FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
When i did my samsung tablet install, i pushed the stock radio back and filed off the sides of the plastic a bit to fit it through. Removed the volume knob and it had perfect clearance
darko is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darko For This Useful Post:
CxG (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
CxG

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
When i did my samsung tablet install, i pushed the stock radio back and filed off the sides of the plastic a bit to fit it through. Removed the volume knob and it had perfect clearance

how do you control audio and receive bluetooth calls?
Old 04-02-2017, 10:56 PM   #4
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxG View Post
how do you control audio and receive bluetooth calls?

Bluetooth automatically connects to the tablet and poweramp begins playing music after it connects.

As for the calls, I believe the head unit is bluetooth V1.0 which only allows 1 user connected to it. I just bought a cheap clip on bluetooth speaker for the visor and have that connect to my phone.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Oem-Blueant-S...oAAMXQsmFRftUv
CxG (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #5
CxG

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Bluetooth automatically connects to the tablet and poweramp begins playing music after it connects.

As for the calls, I believe the head unit is bluetooth V1.0 which only allows 1 user connected to it. I just bought a cheap clip on bluetooth speaker for the visor and have that connect to my phone.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Oem-Blueant-S...oAAMXQsmFRftUv
Ordered a MVHX560BT off of ebay and a used Nexus 7 (2013) off of amazon. I gonna get a wired mic for the receiver and aux in to the head unit so I can connect to the bluetooth obdII reader with the tablet at the same time. Just gotta figure out how a way to wire a reverse camera and front facing dvr camera to the Nexus and I'll be golden.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #6
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxG View Post
Ordered a MVHX560BT off of ebay and a used Nexus 7 (2013) off of amazon. I gonna get a wired mic for the receiver and aux in to the head unit so I can connect to the bluetooth obdII reader with the tablet at the same time. Just gotta figure out how a way to wire a reverse camera and front facing dvr camera to the Nexus and I'll be golden.

I'm in the process of doing the same. I connected the tablet through a micro USB to Normal USB adapter, then to the Eascap AV dongle and i bought the EasyCap software for andriod (Only 3$). Tap camera positive to the reverse trigger wire.

So when you put the car into reverse, camera turns on which automatically starts up the EasyCap software.

https://www.amazon.ca/Insten-Micro-U...cro+usb+to+usb

https://www.amazon.ca/UCEC-Capture-A...ywords=easycap
CxG (04-05-2017)