follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm kind of afraid...

... knowing that it will be low in cost and seeing how beautiful this car looks.. that the wrong people will get this car. you know what i mean? like teen girls who just got their license in high school and want a new car or the guy who likes to put stickers of aftermarket manufactuers all over the car and doesn't own a single part from that manufac. I've seen it on 350z's... I would really feel disgusted (for lack of a better word) if i do get this car and pull up at a stop light to another FT and see one of these people..

what are your guys' thoughts??
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
no doubt the wrong people will get this car.. in droves. there's really nothing you can do about it, but i'm not gonna let that ruin my own enjoyment of this car.
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
DanZilla

Drives: 05 New Formula Red Honda S2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DanZilla
its happens to every car out there. as long as its not you newbing it up then dont worry about others. imo
DanZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
FT///R86

Drives: Toyota Matrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRush View Post
... knowing that it will be low in cost and seeing how beautiful this car looks.. that the wrong people will get this car. you know what i mean? like teen girls who just got their license in high school and want a new car or the guy who likes to put stickers of aftermarket manufactuers all over the car and doesn't own a single part from that manufac. I've seen it on 350z's... I would really feel disgusted (for lack of a better word) if i do get this car and pull up at a stop light to another FT and see one of these people..

what are your guys' thoughts??
Everyone is right. There will always be people with horrible taste. You have to just mod yours the way you want. For every rice rocktet sticker queen there is a excellent simple example. True enthusiasts can be easily spotted by how they maintain their vehicle.
FT///R86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
How does what other stupid people do to their car in anyway affect how you feel when you drive your car?

That's like saying: "I really love product X, but a lot of f'ing stupid people are now buying product X so i'm not going to buy it any more". IMO that's retarded.

Buy and enjoy what you like because you and your happiness are the only things that you can control. If other people want to be stupid and rice out their cars, F them it's their money they can do whatever they want with it. It just doesn't bother me as I will be enjoing my clean 086A STi/FT-86 TRD.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
some good input guys... it just bugs me a bit when people dont know what the hell they are doing.. dont get me wrong though i know its their money and they can do what they want with it, i can get over it like (snaps fingers) that.. just wanted to put my thought out there... haha i just thought of something.. i was picking up my sister from school and i saw a flat black neon with red lettering in the back, i got closer and it read "SRT-0".. i was laughing soooo hard
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:20 AM   #7
Hoyitzallan

Drives: Honda Fit
I'm disgusted for those who takes their cars for granted. It's them for not knowing the true value of a car. This kiddy was trying to race me(I was on
my way to work btw) on the street, acting hard because of there suped-up ride and it's likely their parents bought it for them.

Those careless fools won't realize it's true value until they crush it!
Hoyitzallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post
How does what other stupid people do to their car in anyway affect how you feel when you drive your car?
This.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
My86

Drives: Hopefully a toyobaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post
I generally agree with this philosophy in terms of life generally, but some cars just get a bad rap and develop a bad image because of some of its drivers, and I can see how that would make me somewhat self conscious.

For example, last night I saw a Scion tC with the license plate "DRFT KING" and an Initial D bumper sticker, of course with high rice wing and the works. I know if I owned that car, it'd make me just a little self conscious knowing there's people out there representing the same car in that way
My86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,097 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by My86 View Post
I generally agree with this philosophy in terms of life generally, but some cars just get a bad rap and develop a bad image because of some of its drivers, and I can see how that would make me somewhat self conscious.

For example, last night I saw a Scion tC with the license plate "DRFT KING" and an Initial D bumper sticker, of course with high rice wing and the works. I know if I owned that car, it'd make me just a little self conscious knowing there's people out there representing the same car in that way
...Or all the civics has fart cans and they got it from eBay. put the joke on the side. It doesn't matter what kind of car makers make, there gonna be at least one moron owner that will do stupid thing to that car.

Really? I thought, most ppl think tC is chick car.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
S2KtoFT86
Resident Post Whore

Drives: 2022 WR BRZ
You'll hear opinions from both sides. Sure it doesn't matter what people do with their own money as it's their own money but it sure is sad to see a car that could look very classic and beautiful, turn out to look like shit because somebody has horrible taste. I cringe every time I see an s2000 that's riced out. Luckily they're few and far between but when one shows up, it just makes me cry a little inside.

S2KtoFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by My86 View Post

hahaha, DRFT KING...sure, he's got the cafeteria tray's in his trunk and all!
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
Siriusly.Andrew

Drives: 1995 Civic DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
hahaha, DRFT KING...sure, he's got the cafeteria tray's in his trunk and all!
Guy I knew from high school about 5 years ago did that exact thing with his Integra... huge wing on it, fart can that could fit a large mc'ds drink container... kept trays in his trunk for that purpose. I'll give him some slack, he did it because it was funny as hell, but he thought his car was "dead sexy".

and I agree... I feel that way too, and Its easy to get over, I would just go for a drive lol
you feel your gut churning as a rice rocket pulls up beside you and you think to yourself "that WAS such a beautiful car..."
Siriusly.Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #14
subyota

Drives: Stage IV '03 WRX
money can't buy class, it's that simple.
subyota is offline   Reply With Quote