follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
VirginiaBRZ

Drives: 2013 Brz WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The Beginning to My Drift Build

Really wanted to make one of these threads to log my learning progress as well as get tips and opinions from more experienced people!

I got my 2013 WRB BRZ in April of 2015, bone stock and not much experience with modifying cars, but so far i've done everything myself and learned a lot!

Originally intended to just lightly modify this car and drive it daily and i had heard of drifting and done some occasional hooning in the rain but nothing too crazy... then i met a friend who drifts his S13 and after some convincing here i am...

I've only been to one event so far but my goodness i'm already addicted and its easily the most fun you can have in a car, in my opinion!!

Exterior:

Valenti smoked tails
Legal VA tint
Drift Armor bar

Engine/Exhaust/Trans:

Gruppe-S UEL Header
Invidia N1 catback
OFT 93 stage 2 tune
Sideways Fab solid trans mounts

Suspension:

Tein Flex Z coilovers (will likely be upgraded off in the future)
PBM Rear LCA
PBM Toe arms
Megan inner tie rods(waiting to be installed)

Interior:

Weighted flossy shift knob
Have a Corbeau seat and harness but waiting until winter to have a proper set up

The alignment specs i started with: -3 deg front camber, rear as close to 0 as i could get and slight toe in.

Anyway some iphone quality pictures:

I decided that i finally wanted to get some seat time and go to an event, so i chose to go to Drift Nirvana at Summit Point raceway for my first event and wow did i learn a lot... but most importantly i had a TON of fun!

What i packed(little overprepared i would say):

And a picture that was taken of me on the skid pad trying to figure out what i was doing:

Gonna try to move the gopro to the side of the helmet next time so the track can be seen better but this is from early on in the day when i got the first corner for the first time! I have no shame in showing myself spinning out twice haha

Really need to learn how to transition now and hopefully i can start linking corners and straights!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBQXtpdxow"]Drift nirvana 10/16/16 - YouTube[/ame]

The best mod is seat time so i plan to get plenty more as well as hopefully meet some other 86 drivers that i can get tips from!
VirginiaBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VirginiaBRZ For This Useful Post:
R2RO (11-01-2016), swarb (11-01-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #2
6-Shift
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Raven, Drifty things
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Welcome! If you want some tips and tricks sit down with a warm and/or strong drink and read through the drifting thread in the track topics. Also, if you're on facebook, there's a big group of 86 drifters in GT86 Drift Club, just request to join that. Good luck, and I like your car!
6-Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6-Shift For This Useful Post:
VirginiaBRZ (11-02-2016)