follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #99
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's definitely not impossible, it's just how much are you going to get it for, they are alot of ways to go about it.

At the very least very very very least I can at least see 100$ off sticker, or OTD at Sticker.

They are strategies to go about this, just how you act upon it and which you use, it wont always work. But I'm sure lots of people can do this!

Zaku believes in you all!

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
Drambeenie (10-18-2016), Tcoat (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #100
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
It's definitely not impossible, it's just how much are you going to get it for, they are alot of ways to go about it.

At the very least very very very least I can at least see 100$ off sticker, or OTD at Sticker.

They are strategies to go about this, just how you act upon it and which you use, it wont always work. But I'm sure lots of people can do this!

Zaku believes in you all!
This is where the PP can become a bargaining tool as well.

"Sorry sir but the best we can do is $100 below sticker"
"Well how about I pay you sticker and you throw in the PP?"

Some dealers will not play with price for various different reasons but will bargain on options included at sticker.
Zaku (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #101
GT/86
I LOVE YOUR GT86

Drives: 2017 BRZ with PP 1982 Datsun210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I got $1000 below Sticker price with PP. That's was the deal we made. ill get it late January if the dealer refuse to give me the $1000 off when I pickup the car in January. They know for sure will lose a good customer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
This is where the PP can become a bargaining tool as well.

"Sorry sir but the best we can do is $100 below sticker"
"Well how about I pay you sticker and you throw in the PP?"

Some dealers will not play with price for various different reasons but will bargain on options included at sticker.
GT/86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GT/86 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 09:49 PM   #102
FlipperBizkut

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just thought I'd chime in here since I just ordered one too. I have never done business with the dealership, didn't know anyone, etc. Just walked in off the street.

We brought up the Subaru site, built the car, and they printed out some stuff that included a slight discount off MSRP. At the salesperson's desk, I asked them to bring up TrueCar.com and look at the data. They did, and when they saw the prices from the site, the reply I got from the sales manager was this: "Wow... that's aggressive." At that point, the sales manager told me that the closest he could do to that price would be invoice. That he would make doc fees on the transaction, and that would be that.

Seeing as I understand that the dealership has to pay people, light bills, etc., that was fine with me (doc fees are $599 there btw). I figure that I am getting a car ordered for what it is costing the dealership, and having to pay a $599 middleman tax. I can live with that.

If the car was sitting on the lot, I would have more leverage, and would likely demand a better deal. But that is not this situation. I have no idea how someone like me (with no prior dealings with Subaru) would get any better of a deal than what I got. I mean they aren't going to lose money (or even break even) just to get me a car. They're not doing this because of their devotion to making me happy. They have bills just like everyone else.

As an aside, I looked up invoice prices for the 2017 and the options I wanted. The sales manager was on the up-and-up about the price. To the penny of the figures I found online.
FlipperBizkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:52 PM   #103
deejaylew

Drives: AP1 Honda S2000, Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drambeenie View Post
Below MSRP seems pretty consistent.
@Tcoat hit the nail on the head. There are plenty of people who ordered a Performance package who wouldn't tell you what they paid. Generally the people telling you what they paid got outstanding deals that you probably shouldn't expect to get without connections.
deejaylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:56 PM   #104
yip

Drives: 1997 Chevy S10
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperBizkut View Post
We brought up the Subaru site, built the car, and they printed out some stuff that included a slight discount off MSRP. At the salesperson's desk, I asked them to bring up TrueCar.com and look at the data. They did, and when they saw the prices from the site, the reply I got from the sales manager was this: "Wow... that's aggressive." At that point, the sales manager told me that the closest he could do to that price would be invoice. That he would make doc fees on the transaction, and that would be that.

Seeing as I understand that the dealership has to pay people, light bills, etc., that was fine with me (doc fees are $599 there btw). I figure that I am getting a car ordered for what it is costing the dealership, and having to pay a $599 middleman tax. I can live with that.

If the car was sitting on the lot, I would have more leverage, and would likely demand a better deal. But that is not this situation. I have no idea how someone like me (with no prior dealings with Subaru) would get any better of a deal than what I got. I mean they aren't going to lose money (or even break even) just to get me a car. They're not doing this because of their devotion to making me happy. They have bills just like everyone else.

As an aside, I looked up invoice prices for the 2017 and the options I wanted. The sales manager was on the up-and-up about the price. To the penny of the figures I found online.
Thumbs up to you sir! I didn't get as low of a price as others have stated here but I feel I got a fair deal and was very happy with the service I received. I went back and forth on adding and removing options and the salesman was happy to oblige my many requests with patience and a smile. It took over a month of back and forth communicating with me before I made a final decision on how I wanted the car. I don't mind the sales man making good money off of me as he should to take care of himself and his family and enjoy the things in life that he desires.

Too often people complain about not being payed enough or that the economy is slow and jobs are hard to find but then they go and buy the cheapest stuff available off AMAZON or some other cheap online retailer etc.

Low margins have driven the quality and service down in this country to a depressing point
yip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yip For This Useful Post:
krayzie (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 11:14 PM   #105
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yip View Post
Thumbs up to you sir! I didn't get as low of a price as others have stated here but I feel I got a fair deal and was very happy with the service I received. I went back and forth on adding and removing options and the salesman was happy to oblige my many requests with patience and a smile. It took over a month of back and forth communicating with me before I made a final decision on how I wanted the car. I don't mind the sales man making good money off of me as he should to take care of himself and his family and enjoy the things in life that he desires.

Too often people complain about not being payed enough or that the economy is slow and jobs are hard to find but then they go and buy the cheapest stuff available off AMAZON or some other cheap online retailer etc.

Low margins have driven the quality and service down in this country to a depressing point
Fucking globalism.

Supporting your local economy should be #1 priority.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:06 AM   #106
CJRhoades

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited 6MT WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Thank you! Finally a well thought out response to my statements. I am very willing to change my stand on this but it will need to be based on evidence and facts not "some dude told me" as others have insisted.
You may be right except a couple of things still make me lean toward the port. There is no more liability than a car received built off the line. The people doing the work are Subaru employees working to Subaru standards. It isn't like they are farming this work out to Bubba's Repair Palace. Dealer techs change brake assemblies all the time they don't send the car back to the factory.
We have no clue yet what the volumes for the PP will be. It is an optional package not a trim level. If the volumes are high enough I again would agree that it could be done through Kanban and sequencing but if the volumes don't warrant it and it goes against Lean then it will be more efficient and cheaper in the long run to do the work offline or at port.
The people doing the work are not Subaru employees and they're definitely not making Subaru employee money. Subaru outsources accessory installation to WWL vehicle services.

The difference between an accessory installer changing the brakes before the car has been sold, and a dealer tech changing them afterwards may not seem like much to you or I, but in terms of laws and liability it's quite different. Brakes are considered a vital safety component and a lot of regulations are involved.

PP is offered to customers as an optional package but in Subaru's system it's a separate trim level with its own model code.
Quote:
HZA01 - Premium 6MT
HZE01 - Limited 6MT
HZE02 - Limited 6MT PP
HZF01 - Limited 6AT
HZS02 - Limited 6MT PP Series Yellow
CJRhoades is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CJRhoades For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 04:45 AM   #107
goldenfri

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to goldenfri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Or work for em... In some way shape or form, corporate work and is part of a charity chapter they are part of too, have family at Subaru and have another Subaru in the drive way etc etc.

What I paid would make people reconsider a 17 instead of trying to find deals on left over 16s

I may have luckily bested the system this time around.

Anyways

It's not like Zaku helped out some other members here get good deals or anything

*walks away*
Hooked me up for sure, thanks again!

That said, It was surprisingly easy to get the dealers around here to go for $500 below invoice, like that was the first thing they offered, but most of them stopped talking to me when I told them the price I wanted. Invoice is not dealer cost. They have hold backs etc to make money on the cars. They won't make as much but they will still make money.
goldenfri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goldenfri For This Useful Post:
Zaku (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #108
prj3ctm4yh3m

Drives: CRV AWD 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaylew View Post
@Tcoat hit the nail on the head. There are plenty of people who ordered a Performance package who wouldn't tell you what they paid. Generally the people telling you what they paid got outstanding deals that you probably shouldn't expect to get without connections.

just gotta be willing to drive or ship. certain markets plain suck for pricing and often customer service IME.
prj3ctm4yh3m is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prj3ctm4yh3m For This Useful Post:
deejaylew (10-19-2016), Tcoat (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #109
Azzudien

Drives: 2017 Series Yellow BRZ
Don't forget if you are trading in a Subaru to get the guaranteed Subaru trade in payout from the loyalty website. I am trading in an Impreza and the guaranteed trade in I got from the loyalty website was $2000 more than KBB recommendation.

And yes markets vary widely, Upstate New York all the dealers are sticking to MSRP
Azzudien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azzudien For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #110
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzudien View Post
Don't forget if you are trading in a Subaru to get the guaranteed Subaru trade in payout from the loyalty website. I am trading in an Impreza and the guaranteed trade in I got from the loyalty website was $2000 more than KBB recommendation.

And yes markets vary widely, Upstate New York all the dealers are sticking to MSRP
They give you any estimated arrival for the Yellow?
Old 10-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #111
Azzudien

Drives: 2017 Series Yellow BRZ
Not on build list yet and current build lists are running through December. Currently best estimate is 2/1/17
Azzudien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azzudien For This Useful Post:
DatsunDimer (10-19-2016), Tcoat (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #112
CMEJATT

Drives: 2017 6M/T Limited CWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzudien View Post
Not on build list yet and current build lists are running through December. Currently best estimate is 2/1/17
Where do you check?

is there a website to track your car? i know calling SOA, or sales rep... but was trying to see if there's a way to get online update. I know BMW has step by step update for people who order their car.
CMEJATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, brz, delivery, package, performance