follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-19-2016, 09:25 AM   #29
one2onejackpot

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to see if there's anything I can still do at this point. I guess you live and you learn.

My 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue Build
one2onejackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #30
Harlock

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Damn, I feel your pain man. T^T a fellow hyperblue homie.
Harlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harlock For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (09-20-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 05:01 PM   #31
MrBlaze-65

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Almost the same exact thing happened to me at Best buy a few months back. I was in the store only 10 minutes too, they definitely knew what they did and ran in my case. Still haven't fixed it, I don't know if it's worth the effort.

Best buy said and showed me the camera view, however said they don't record outside the store. May have just been BS to not help me.
MrBlaze-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #32
one2onejackpot

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I saw the bodyshop at the Subaru dealer where I bought the car from. State Farm recommended them stating that they are a State Farm Select Shop. He quoted $500 for the bumper and said the scratch in the fender is dented and that he "might" be able to get it out by going through the taillight because the gas tank shroud blocks that part of the fender, even when you remove the inner splash guard liner above the wheel. He said he would only use touch up pain and clear coat on it and that they haven't worked on any BRZs and that my color was hard to find touchup paint for. Which I happen to have a bottle of but didn't tell him. I guess I'll be picking my own shop to go to. At least my State Farm agent said since it was an unoccupied vehicle and the damage happened while I was inside the store and away from the vehicle, it'll get noted as that and I won't get a rate increase. I will still have to pay my $250 deductible, but I want a I shop that will fix the dent and actually repaint the fender. a lot of the scratches rubbed out with polish, but the bumper still needs to be replaced. The shop said the damage looked more like a run away shopping hit it. There are so many haters around, it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't happen intentionally. The only other thing I can think of is a Hyper Blue Crosstrek did it, lol.

My 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue Build
one2onejackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #33
Agent 86

Drives: 2017 Cayman S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
This happened to a car I owned many years ago.

I reported a similar incident last week that occurred in the parking lot at work A guy driving one of the new Lexus small suv's, backed heavily into a Chevy Tahoe. He hit the Tahoe hard enough to create a loud cracking sound and cause the Tahoe to rock on its suspension. Funny thing is, the Lexus had a backup camera.

The driver then pulls out of the space and parks about 5 spaces away.

I called campus police to report the incident after recording the license plates of both vehicles.

I don't know what became of the incident, but the fact that the Lexus driver was willing to just leave the scene really speaks to the character of a lot of people.

Funny thing, I witnessed a similar incident several years ago and made it a point to find the owner of the parked car in Old Navy.

You don't have to confront the person, but you can report what you saw! Maybe someone will do the same for you.
2014 BRZ Limited - 2013 VW Golf R - 2010 Forester XT - 2006 Mazda 3 GT
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #34
Stratoside

Drives: Firestorm red MT FR-S 2013
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
pretty stupid how it's almost 2017 and they can't even find the people that hit and runs with a security camera

i'm pretty sure other people saw it happen, at this digital age, bystanders could've easily taken a picture and maybe left a note on your windshield

this happened to me before as well, someone scraped my front bumper on my frs and ran
Stratoside is offline   Reply With Quote