follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
eddiec168

Drives: 2016 Subaru CBS BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vendor Review: Hayward & Scott Exhausts

Hey Guys,

I wanted to WARN anyone that was interested in buying any exhausts from Hayward & Scott. They have a long history of great products, including the original Scooby Sport exhausts for WRXs.

I ordered a full header back exhaust last month, production and shipping took about a Month. When I went to install it, I noticed that there were a lot of dirty welds! On top of that, not everything was even cut cleanly.

You can take a look at the exhaust here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...WM&usp=sharing

You can expect better quality from any NO NAME Ebay seller.

Then came the problem of fitment. The headers were not even close to the head studs. I was in the process of loosening the bars that held the slip joins together when I noticed that they placed the O2 bung directly where the heads were.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B93q8IvkKl7waTJhT1dHUi1GQ0E

When I confronted them about it, the manager Ian, told me that I didn't need the other O2 sensor after the tune. This is true, but if you're gonna add a bung, you should at least check clearance! I now have to use my pre-cat O2 sensor in the post-cat bung, which will force me to cut the OEM O2 sensor wires and extend them.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am in the exhaust that I got. I've been told to clean up the exhaust myself, buy my own plugs to fix their mistake, and to extend my OEM O2 sensor. This is unacceptable for a NEW exhaust. I paid over $2600 for this garbage!

This is my second H&S exhaust, and I have to say that the turbo back that I have for my WRX is excellent, and I have been running it since 2005. I am really disappointed, and hope that no one else has to go through my headache and waste so much money.

/rant

Last edited by eddiec168; 07-15-2016 at 02:25 PM.
eddiec168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow, that's junk.

Hope you paid by credit card.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
Cockatoo
TALLY FT86

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram -- SBD Turbo --
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yeah man hopefully you can get your money back!

Cockatoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, exhausts, hayward, quality, scott