follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #99
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ort895 View Post
I considered loosening the hanger but I eventually said "fuck it".
Anyway, it's on and working
Yea same, to get to that hanger I would've needed to pull out my jackstands and floor jack and I'm so lazy I rather used my friends ramps
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #100
Herby15

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well i got my cnt v2 header on. Grimspeed head gasket and a vibrant overpipe gasket. With o2 spacer. Have abour 100km on it and no CEL but probably just jinxed myself. Install went fairly easy. Only problem was snaping the nut of the old header stud that connects to the overpipe but it didnt cause a problem because the nut came off and the header came our. Just need to drill out the bolt if i ever install it again. Install took me about 3 hours by myself. Jacking it up till turning it on. Everythiing lined up real easy and went on nicely. No complaints. I love the sound she makes with the berk muffler delete but it is rather loud and there is no quiet driving anymore. Can't tell if there is a slight exhaust leak or its just the rasp everyone talks about without having a muffler. Ill look into it more today. Performance wise, butt dyno says it revs nice all the way to 7500 and seems to get there a bit quicker. Im hoping to have a oft sooner than later to get the most out of it. But for now it's good
Herby15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #101
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby15 View Post
Well i got my cnt v2 header on. Grimspeed head gasket and a vibrant overpipe gasket. With o2 spacer. Have abour 100km on it and no CEL but probably just jinxed myself. Install went fairly easy. Only problem was snaping the nut of the old header stud that connects to the overpipe but it didnt cause a problem because the nut came off and the header came our. Just need to drill out the bolt if i ever install it again. Install took me about 3 hours by myself. Jacking it up till turning it on. Everythiing lined up real easy and went on nicely. No complaints. I love the sound she makes with the berk muffler delete but it is rather loud and there is no quiet driving anymore. Can't tell if there is a slight exhaust leak or its just the rasp everyone talks about without having a muffler. Ill look into it more today. Performance wise, butt dyno says it revs nice all the way to 7500 and seems to get there a bit quicker. Im hoping to have a oft sooner than later to get the most out of it. But for now it's good
Can you make a video of your set up?
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #102
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:

I have that same raspiness, and couldn't tell if it's an exhaust leak, the header just gets so damn hot it's near impossible to feel any rushing air if there is any
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 05-21-2016, 07:01 PM   #103
Herby15

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yes I will try and get a video up of it. Just got a gopro suction cup so should work nicely.

Yeah raspiness is bad. Ive done everything and think there is no leak and its just raspy. So overall I think i installed it well and recommend the header to everyone.
Herby15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #104
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Yes I will try and get a video up of it. Just got a gopro suction cup so should work nicely.

Yeah raspiness is bad. Ive done everything and think there is no leak and its just raspy. So overall I think i installed it well and recommend the header to everyone.

The issue is the same with a several other headers its the fact its not surrounded by foam and fiberglass and in a metal heat shield, that not being there creates a lot of the rasp through that thin wall tubing.

Last edited by FRSBRZGT86FAN; 05-22-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #105
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Try wrap it
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #106
ort895

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I definitely want to wrap mine and see how it effects noise.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #107
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
I definitely want to wrap mine and see how it effects noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teseo View Post
Try wrap it

I wrapped mine ended up ripping the wrap and stainless steel zip ties off during install as they got too close to the exhaust manifold studs and just decided to ignore wrapping it.

As a side note I just ordered a nameless 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers that will pair with this uel, I will be recording and posting video for you all to hear and see when I get a chance. From what I heard the build quality is quite good and drone is non existant.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:21 PM   #108
ort895

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
I wrapped mine ended up ripping the wrap and stainless steel zip ties off during install as they got too close to the exhaust manifold studs and just decided to ignore wrapping it.

As a side note I just ordered a nameless 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers that will pair with this uel, I will be recording and posting video for you all to hear and see when I get a chance. From what I heard the build quality is quite good and drone is non existant.
Nameless exhausts are amazing. I'm jealous! Vids are a must
Old 05-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #109
KendallH

Drives: 2013 FR-S Base, 1997 Jeep Wrangler
I installed my CNT V2 with a HFC front/overpipe and a Buddy Club Spec 2. Needless to say, that combo didn't last very long lol. Loudest thing on the street. Currently trying to decide on a catback with a muffler.
KendallH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:41 PM   #110
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
I installed my CNT V2 with a HFC front/overpipe and a Buddy Club Spec 2. Needless to say, that combo didn't last very long lol. Loudest thing on the street. Currently trying to decide on a catback with a muffler.

If you sell the HFC front pipe , the buddy club spec 2 and then put the stock front pipe on a perrin resonated would be perfect.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #111
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Nameless exhausts are amazing. I'm jealous! Vids are a must

Yup, I will be go proing it and then having a friend do drive bys and such. Nameless quality is insane but so is the wait honestly, they do everything made to order and they said they'll start it in a week, so I should have it mid june.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #112
ort895

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Yup, I will be go proing it and then having a friend do drive bys and such. Nameless quality is insane but so is the wait honestly, they do everything made to order and they said they'll start it in a week, so I should have it mid june.
I should be getting my bonus around the same time so I'm hoping I'll have my exhaust done by then too
Teseo (05-25-2016)