follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #29
Bimble Bamble

Drives: 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is a great mod. At max brightness setting at night you can see the road with no lights on and it looks sick!
Bimble Bamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:06 AM   #30
Monkey_Boy
Bleeds WR Blue

Drives: '14 BRZ (WRB), '06 Baja (ABP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I put this on my BRZ Limited a few months ago and have had no issues. The BRZ version does require you to string a cable between the headlights, and that was the most challenging part. I did not want it to be visible, so I removed (and then replaced) a few bits in the center under the hood latch until I had room to thread the plug and wire through. After that, no wires show at all.

After a bit of brightness adjusting, I am really pleased with the mod. Gives it the look it should have had from the factory! Diode does good work, and I'm sure they worked with anyone who had early troublesome versions of this mod. I've ordered a couple of things from them and always had great results.
Monkey_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:26 PM   #31
Toyology

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram, 1975 FJ40
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Update, got new RMA Part. It works flawlessly!
Is it still working ok? Been waiting for them to bring it back to market but guessing they are having trouble with the units. I had to use google to find it on their website...
Toyology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:48 PM   #32
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyology View Post
Is it still working ok? Been waiting for them to bring it back to market but guessing they are having trouble with the units. I had to use google to find it on their website...
I returned it after my 2nd one came apart. Literally the wires came out. I'm using a beat sonic one and is problem free.

I got my refund on this by disputing on my AMEX. Diode was going to charge me 5 dollars restocking fee since I said I wasn't satisfied.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:14 PM   #33
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
I returned it after my 2nd one came apart. Literally the wires came out. I'm using a beat sonic one and is problem free.

I got my refund on this by disputing on my AMEX. Diode was going to charge me 5 dollars restocking fee since I said I wasn't satisfied.
Wow thats a serious design flaw, normally dd is on the ball in fact all the lighting stuff on my car is from them, but it seems these specific products made just for the brz/frs have failed constantly.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:37 PM   #34
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Wow thats a serious design flaw, normally dd is on the ball in fact all the lighting stuff on my car is from them, but it seems these specific products made just for the brz/frs have failed constantly.
I had problems with my DD Foglight kit... lol. Oh wells.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:49 AM   #35
atonomie

Drives: scion fr-s
I ordered this when it first released and the brightness didn't adjust and stayed at 100%. Got a replacement and it worked fine for a couple weeks then again, brightness went back to full 100% and couldn't adjust.

Since I was out of the return date when it failed, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the fix and get a new one under warranty or something. It has been months and I don't care for it anymore since I ended up getting the beat sonic one and its been perfect.
atonomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:00 PM   #36
akiranakayama

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (CBS)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atonomie View Post
I ordered this when it first released and the brightness didn't adjust and stayed at 100%. Got a replacement and it worked fine for a couple weeks then again, brightness went back to full 100% and couldn't adjust.

Since I was out of the return date when it failed, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the fix and get a new one under warranty or something. It has been months and I don't care for it anymore since I ended up getting the beat sonic one and its been perfect.
Everyone is talking about the @Beat-Sonic version of this mod but I haven't been able to find it online anywhere...
2007 Suzuki SV650 (Track bike.)
akiranakayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #37
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiranakayama View Post
Everyone is talking about the @Beat-Sonic version of this mod but I haven't been able to find it online anywhere...
Jesus. Are you even capable of using fucking google? Literally the first result on google after searching for "beat sonic scion frs" led me to their website's product page. Admittedly, it was only showing shark fin antennas though. Then, I typed in what kind of car I was looking for parts for. Then, I found this.

Typing this post took longer than searching for the damn thing. I hope your mommy tucks you in extra tight, so that you can't hurt yourself during the night.

@go_a_way1 some people's fucking kids...
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Brayden_23 (02-02-2018), go_a_way1 (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #38
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Jesus. Are you even capable of using fucking google? Literally the first result on google after searching for "beat sonic scion frs" led me to their website's product page. Admittedly, it was only showing shark fin antennas though. Then, I typed in what kind of car I was looking for parts for. Then, I found this.

Typing this post took longer than searching for the damn thing. I hope your mommy tucks you in extra tight, so that you can't hurt yourself during the night.

LMFAO!! I honestly wonder what people did without google, hell they cant even use google how the hell do we expect them to be able to look something up in an encyclopedia
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #39
akiranakayama

Quote:

Wow. Dude. Calm down and read my post again. Everyone is talking about the module for a BRZ. Of course there is one for the FRS that is EASILY found. But I'm looking for the one for the BRZ that everyone is talking about. Granted, this post is for the FRS, but there are people mentioning it for the BRZ in the DiodeDynamics thread as well.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=137
Old 03-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #40
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Wow. Dude. Calm down and read my post again. Everyone is talking about the module for a BRZ. Of course there is one for the FRS that is EASILY found. But I'm looking for the one for the BRZ that everyone is talking about. Granted, this post is for the FRS, but there are people mentioning it for the BRZ in the DiodeDynamics thread as well.
Again, if you looked at their website, you'd see that they don't make one for the BRZ. The FRS one could be compatible with the BRZ, but I don't know if it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #41
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
That's also a post about it for the FRS, not for the BRZ. Do you wear a helmet?
Old 03-14-2016, 02:27 PM   #42
akiranakayama

Quote:
That's also a post about it for the FRS, not for the BRZ. Do you wear a helmet?
Haha. Did you check the link I included? Since DiodeDynamics are apparently not selling their Always-On module for the BRZ, I've read some members who have posted that they have opted for the Beat-Sonic unit instead. Doing a Google search returns nothing on Beat-Sonic selling a BRZ specific unit and their FRS unit is explicitly stated to NOT work for the BRZ.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=13

So I'm just wondering where people are getting a Beat-Sonic unit that works for the BRZ.

Seriously, though, why the hostility? I did my due diligence, couldn't find an answer, and have asked a perfectly valid question. I've been the Search Nazi before, too, but damn...