follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-12-2016, 07:01 PM   #43
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButeraFRS View Post
Just in case your glasses are in for repair.

have a solid night, brother.
No, laughing at your use of "aliterate" instead of "illiterate". If you're going to go in on someones reading comprehension, you better come correct.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #44
ButeraFRS

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
No, laughing at your use of "aliterate" instead of "illiterate". If you're going to go in on someones reading comprehension, you better come correct.
Sometimes it's better to just be quiet when you're wrong and move along http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aliterate
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aliteracy
Old 01-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #45
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Sometimes it's better to just be quiet when you're wrong and move along http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aliterate
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aliteracy
Too easy with some people.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2016, 10:29 PM   #46
HeadBanger

Drives: '14 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Such a shit show for nothing.

Let's assume you're following the flow of traffic, since it's illegal to impede the flow. For argument's sake the flow is at 130km/h. There's traffic in front of you, and traffic behind you. You're driving with proper distance between you and the person in front of you, when sudenly they slam on the brakes as if ET is walking across the highway.
They're driving a supercar which stops on a dime, and you're driving a normal pedestrian car - 2013 Corolla for example. Supercar obviously stops much faster, and since you weren't expecting it, you hit the car in front of you.
You're still at fault no matter what? Regardless of why the car in front of you suddenly slows or stops, and regardless of your proper distance, you get nailed?

Might as well just start walking everywhere because unless i'm 3km behind everybody who knows what's going to happen.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #47
ButeraFRS

In that situation yes.

There's a difference though with brake checking and emergency stopping. Brake checking is done out of spite for person behind you. If you hit someone who's emergency braking you may get charged and they may not.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:16 PM   #48
HeadBanger

Quote:
In that situation yes.

There's a difference though with brake checking and emergency stopping. Brake checking is done out of spite for person behind you. If you hit someone who's emergency braking you may get charged and they may not.
But the thing is you can easily claim emergency stop.

Shouldn't the person doing the emergency stop still get hit with a ticket due to impeding the flow?

What I learned from this is that if ever John Doe decides he doesn't want to make his car payment anymore I could be getting a nice big ticket and a totalled car because he stopped in front of me.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:56 AM   #49
ButeraFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
But the thing is you can easily claim emergency stop.

Shouldn't the person doing the emergency stop still get hit with a ticket due to impeding the flow?

What I learned from this is that if ever John Doe decides he doesn't want to make his car payment anymore I could be getting a nice big ticket and a totalled car because he stopped in front of me.
Again it's all situational and this is why dashcams are SO important. If the car in front of you is genuinely doing an emerge stop say if a ped runs out in the road,then they may not get ticketed and you might get a ticket for following too close. Whether this holds up in court is another story. Hell, it's even common to get careless driving after rear ending someone.

If someone is doing what the person in the video I posted above did and you hit them, they will get a ticket. They can claim emergency stop, but when it is so obvious that they are doing it to spite the driver behind them, they will get charged with something.

Having a dashcam allows you, the police and the insurance companies to distinguish the emergency stops from the brake checks.

There's too many scenarios and variables that could happen to make blanket statements.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:02 PM   #50
darko

Drives: RAVEN FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:17 AM   #51
Gringosteve

Drives: UK Spec GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dash cams - Do they actually work?

A dashcam is a tool, it may not be useful 99% of the time but for that 1% it could make a big difference. Mine cost £75 and is brilliant quality
Gringosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gringosteve For This Useful Post:
Sideways (01-18-2016), soulreapersteve (01-14-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #52
Sideways
BRZZZZZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Whiteout
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I got Spytech G1WH dash cam that I got for under 60 bucks from Amazon after hearing lots of good things about it. And so far, I'm liking it. I don't have it hardwired in yet, but will be doing it next weekend and just record the videos in loop on my 8gb sd card that I had lying around.

I did't wanted to buy super costly dashcam, as its pointless most of the time, but I just like it for extra insurance. Plus, I can also use it in my other car when I go for tsd rally.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #53
iLaw

Drives: 2015 BRZ, Aozora Edition
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I own a DOD LS430 Dashcam.

A year ago someone ran a stop sign and hit my car in the front right fender panel. The Dash cam footage clearly showed me stopping at the empty interseaction, behind the white line, then proceeding and him just plowing on through. Without it, I would have split the fault with the other driver and would have owed 1/2 of my deductable.

$250 dash cam saved me a $1000 deductable. Paid for itself 4x in one small incident. Totally worth it.

iLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw For This Useful Post:
HeadBanger (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #54
Cliu91
Cliuless

Drives: Whiteout Scion FRS 2014
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLaw View Post

A year ago someone ran a stop sign and hit my car in the front right fender panel. The Dash cam footage clearly showed me stopping at the empty interseaction, behind the white line, then proceeding and him just plowing on through. Without it, I would have split the fault with the other driver and would have owed 1/2 of my deductable.

$250 dash cam saved me a $1000 deductable. Paid for itself 4x in one small incident. Totally worth it.

Lmao, you're telling me the guy actually tried to pin the blame on you? The nerve of some people on this society. Glad you caught it on film.
Cliu91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #55
HeadBanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLaw View Post

What was your insurance process? Or you told them you had a dash cam and they just assumed responsibility?
Old 01-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #56
iLaw

Drives: 2015 BRZ, Aozora Edition
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
What was your insurance process? Or you told them you had a dash cam and they just assumed responsibility?

I told the insurance company I had footage. I emailed them the video clip. They took care of it from there. I got a call back from them saying that after the video was shown to the other driver, he admitted to lying. So they pinned everything on him. Since his insurance company will be paying for everything, they waived my deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iLaw For This Useful Post:
Gringosteve (01-25-2016), HeadBanger (01-25-2016)