follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Issues with Diode Dynamics brake as turn signal + reverse light module

Hey, is anyone else having issues with their Diode Dynamics brake light as turn signal module? Since installing mine this spring my LED lights have been acting weird, specifically the front and back turn signals.

For example, both of my front switch-back turn signals will blink on and off constantly while driving (when set to their DRL mode, light stalk one or more clicks), but when I activate the turn signal, they work properly (blink amber.) They will just flick on an off, quite dangerous...so don't even run my car with them on right now right now.

I also was informed by people in my building that my rear turn lights (which are currently the brake lights with the module installed) will just flash on and stay on..only one at a time. No key in the ignition, nothing flipped on.

I am uninstalling my module after work today and pulling out the extra harness that taps into the reverse lights...hoping for the best here.

super late update Removing it solved the problem. Faulty part.

Last edited by SkAsphalt; 12-10-2015 at 04:49 PM.
SkAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
S84kam

Drives: FBRZS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a friend who had this exact same problem. First. We got a professional to do a continuity test on the harness. After we installed it we had the same problem. So we contacted diode dynamics. They sent us another one with a relay. So far so good!
S84kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
wut. i have the same problem. i thought maybe my switchbacks(also from DD) were maybe bad... guess i'll be reaching out. glad i saw this thread.
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #4
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Glad I was not the only one!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #5
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
Can I ask if you sent it in for replacement warranty or not? And how long was the warranty? I like their products, but I've seen too many failures to have complete confidence. Part of me thinks they sell low quality products with a warranty to justify the higher price. Would you buy again?
You have to realize you only see failures on a forum where this stuff is normally posted, they warranty everything for 3 years.....
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (12-11-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
So did you send it in for warranty and would you buy/use it again?

I don't have the tail as turn module specifically, but I have alot of other stuff and it's 100% worth there customer service and time, instead of asking other people what to do ask @Diode Dynamics themselves:
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/a...ct-us.htmlwhen

If you login on there site too there's an option in the My Account section to RMA or warranty and order, I've only done it once for a headlight bulb and someone named Nick was totally understanding an sent a replacement in less than 3-4 days...
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #7
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
If you are experiencing any issues whatsoever, I encourage you to give our customer service team a call: (314) 205-3033 or send us an email: contact@diodedynamics.com

They are covered by our 3-year limited warranty, and we will help you troubleshoot.

Make sure they are still securely inserted into the factory connectors and that the wiring is intact

Thanks!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (12-11-2015), SkAsphalt (12-11-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #8
phanguy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
If you are experiencing any issues whatsoever, I encourage you to give our customer service team a call: (314) 205-3033 or send us an email: contact@diodedynamics.com

They are covered by our 3-year limited warranty, and we will help you troubleshoot.

Make sure they are still securely inserted into the factory connectors and that the wiring is intact

Thanks!
Nick C.
I contacted support and after pulling out the Tap as Turn module I confirmed that my switchbacks were the problem.

"Then it sounds like you need to replace those switchbacks unfortunately. "

That's all that was said. No mention of getting a new one sent from you guys or anything like that. Kind of disappointing.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #9
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
I contacted support and after pulling out the Tap as Turn module I confirmed that my switchbacks were the problem.

"Then it sounds like you need to replace those switchbacks unfortunately. "

That's all that was said. No mention of getting a new one sent from you guys or anything like that. Kind of disappointing.
I apologize for the confusion, but they may have been under the impression the switchbacks were purchased from another vendor.

If you purchased them from us, than we will send you warranty replacements

Please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thank you,
Nick C.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #10
phanguy

Garage
Quote:
I apologize for the confusion, but they may have been under the impression the switchbacks were purchased from another vendor.

If you purchased them from us, than we will send you warranty replacements

Please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thank you,
Nick C.
"Any purchase made before May of 2014 carried a 1 year warranty. So that does mean this order is unfortunately not covered at this point."

and in a previous e-mail someone told me that the ones I ordered had a known problem. There goes $68. I think I'll try cheap Chinese ones next time.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #11
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
"Any purchase made before May of 2014 carried a 1 year warranty. So that does mean this order is unfortunately not covered at this point."

and in a previous e-mail someone told me that the ones I ordered had a known problem. There goes $68. I think I'll try cheap Chinese ones next time.
Please give us a call and allow us to look up your order so we can take care of you: (314) 205-3033

If you are still in the warranty period, we will make sure you receive a warranty replacement set.

I was unclear whether you had purchased from us or another vendor

Thank you,
Nick C.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #12
phanguy

Garage
Quote:
Please give us a call and allow us to look up your order so we can take care of you: (314) 205-3033

If you are still in the warranty period, we will make sure you receive a warranty replacement set.

Thank you,
Nick C.
Sorry yeah it was purchased from you guys in 2013. I'll be calling shortly. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:41 PM   #13
phanguy

Garage
Quote:

Thank you,
Nick C.
Yep. Still told me that it's out of warranty. Not worth buying another set from a company that tells me in e-mail that they have sold a set with known issues, but want me to buy a new set. Thanks anyway.