follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #99
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr View Post
Bone stock (Run_001) on a Dynojet 248c. P&L Motorsports 4:1 EL heade
Great, that is pretty decent, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Other than that, the dude was on stock headers so the rest of the point still stands in his case.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #100
robr

Drives: 2013 FRS, with boost by ATS Racing
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Oh, I don't even remember what point anyone was trying to make. Ha! Don't be mistaken, nobody's point was in my mind in the least when I quoted/responded to you. You asked for facts that I just so happened to have, so I posted in the most objective way I could think of. I purposely try to steer clear of conversations dealing with internet bickering, especially in forums that I really just lurk in. But if I have info that I can present objectively, and it seems no one else has that same info, I'll most likely chime in.
robr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robr For This Useful Post:
s2d4 (03-12-2015)
Old 06-19-2015, 02:33 PM   #101
keonigt

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
People always mention licenses with ecutek.

What does this mean for the ecutek and how does it differ from the open flash tablet?

Are both of the devices like the accessport where the tuner can make any map and just place it on the device and I can flash any map whenever I wanted?

Thanks!
keonigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #102
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonigt View Post
People always mention licenses with ecutek.

What does this mean for the ecutek and how does it differ from the open flash tablet?

Are both of the devices like the accessport where the tuner can make any map and just place it on the device and I can flash any map whenever I wanted?

Thanks!
Ecutek requires you buy a licience for each ecu you wish to flash they cost about $300. The ECU licience is non transferable however I dont believe their is any flash limit.

This licience is an extra cost to the tune and the physical cable that you need to flash your ecu which is about $350.

Most tuner will "lock" the tunes they create on the ecutek platform so thay cannot be modified by anyone other than tuner that created them, and they cannot be shared or used on a different ECU.

you can flash as many tunes as you like whenever you like as long as you have licience,cable and appropiate tune linked to your licience/cable.

you can create your own tunes with ecuteck from scratch.

OFT is open no locks to ecu or tunes, device can be unmarried from your car and sold.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #103
sweetspeed

Drives: 2014 Raven Black FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Other SC tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
Peak hp gains will vary due to variance between cars, dynos and testing conditions. But usually expect a max gain of 10-15hp at high RPM (~7400) and a considerable improvement in torque between 2500-4000rpm. Our OTS maps pretty much redue the size of the infamous torque dip by 50% which makes for a much more responsive and drivable car.

Cheers
shiv

Shiv,

Apologies if you have already answered this... but some of us DIYers like me have an OFT, but may not be planning to go with a Vortech SC. Any other tunes like the one you offer for the Vortech SC available to download anywhere?

Haven't seen one...

Thanks!

-Sweetspeed
sweetspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:24 AM   #104
_gt86_user
Inactive

Drives: .
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetspeed View Post
Shiv,

Apologies if you have already answered this... but some of us DIYers like me have an OFT, but may not be planning to go with a Vortech SC. Any other tunes like the one you offer for the Vortech SC available to download anywhere?

Haven't seen one...

Thanks!

-Sweetspeed
You should email him instead.
_gt86_user is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to _gt86_user For This Useful Post:
sweetspeed (11-25-2015)
Old 07-28-2020, 04:36 PM   #105
kombatlion
Life to short to be slow!

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuimod View Post
They are lots of vendors on this site who are trying to sell their product. So they will present their product in the best possible light, making positive blanket statements about their product even though the positive statements may not apply to your car.

So yeah, these vendors are like politicians. Politicians twist the truth and make promises to get your vote. Vendors twist the truth and make promises to get your dollar.

EDIT: personally I think Ecutek is better. OFT feels a bit like a hacked solution, desktop software is buggy as hell. Open Flash Manager worked on one of my laptops but not the other. Rom Raider didn't work on either laptop. Getting Virtual Dyno to work with OFT is almost impossible (I never got it to work).

Sales and support for OFT seems like its one guy (Shiv). I know they have more employees but everything goes through Shiv it seems (it seems even level 1 support which is sort of ridiculous).

And I'm willing to bet most tuner shops out there are much more familiar with Ecutek because its a more established and more fleshed out tuning solution. Sure they could get to learn OFT but first they need to get the software to work on their computers (which isn't guaranteed) and then they have to learn OFT. Granted the learning curve is probably very gentle but its still there.
Years later and you are right my friend support in Openflash is very bad looks like one guy run the whole operation. Not a bad thing but for us is just to difficult to obtain an answer or a response from them. Two weeks and I get no tune, no refund no support yet.

They send me a question about tune, What Map Sensor you have? they asked the question in their dashboard and I did not see it for days. I was waiting an email like everybody else and did not know they have their own plataform for communication.

Anyways tuning ecutek thursday. O better stay with what everybody uses.

Delicious and Predator Performance have giving me awesome service from ecutek tunes before on my 2013 FRS Turbo.

I took open flash when i was NA and it worked ok, no need fpr suppport if tunes are download. Was easy to tune.

But for FI is more comlicated and communication is key.

Last edited by kombatlion; 07-28-2020 at 05:39 PM.
kombatlion is offline   Reply With Quote