follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #2045
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Destiny is a game of progression with multiplayer interactions (Not an MMO).
Skyrim is a game of progression, but no multiplayer interactions. (no an MMO)
Halo is not a game of progression, but has multiplayer interactions. (in PvP, also not an MMO)

Progression is what keeps games like MMOs going. Why people play for YEARS (yes years played, not owned) is for the next new shiny that takes 30 people working together to do. Those 2 reasons (the next shiney and playing with multiple people and having social interaction, I like to call it a pseudo interaction but thats just my.02)

So what destiny essentially is w/o progression is Halo with character classes. People spend months not getting anywhere because everything was done day 2.
Destiny does have really good gameplay. Which is why people still play Destiny, its fun to play.

People do NOT play destiny because they are working towards something. Which is why my clan will not play until HOW comes out and they are only going to play HOW because they already paid for it. When it does come out, they will play for a week and then NEVER pick up destiny again.

Destiny is a fun game, but its not a game for hard-core gamers. Gamers that want MLG level gameplay and or some rediculous grind towards a certain goal.

I enjoy Destiny, i still play (crucible mostly)

/rant
Old 04-24-2015, 12:41 AM   #2046
Turdinator
Seņor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
This is rediculous. Activision budget, and Bungie can't even create new armor, new weapons, or be creative in any other way.

Seriously; 5 years of development (supposedly), almost at the first anniversary, and the content is extremely lacking and full of characters that look exactly the same (minus a random shader), even the class armor items fail to be unique in any way.

Lemme tell ya, you microsoft guys can have bungie back. Not impressed in the least.

While X-box guys seem to drop panties quicker than a 14 year old girl at a One Direction concert at the mention of Halo or Bungie.
With the new upgrade sytem there is something like 10 different armour types you can wear to get you to lvl 34. Have you sean the Trials of Osiris gear? It look pretty cool. The new vanguard and crucible gear looks good, the factions are getting new gear... There will be more variety than ever before with this DLC. Not to mention new exotic gear.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #2047
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm OK with the vendor gear being vanilla and not looking super unique. The exotic and raid stuff should be very unique, and it is. Especially the Osiris gear...

I both like/dislike the idea to make faction gear color locked, if there were more perks to being with a single faction then It'd be a cool way to show your allegiance but there's no real benefit as-is. Putting together a well rounded armor set may leave you looking like a rainbow. The faction gear should still respond to the same faction's shader, but I don't know if that's the case.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #2048
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
On the one hand, I am stoked that there will finally be some major additions to the game. I'm sure some would argue the word "major" but comapred to TDB DLC it appears there will actually be a lot more new content unlike what we got with TDB.

I agree, I think originally this game was going to have most of the "expansion" stuff in the main game, then the move to Activision nixed that idea and we see the "let's squeeze as much money out of this as possible" mantra. I think this has hurt Bungie's reputation but to what extent only time will tell. I think the true test will be how well Destiny 2 sells. On the one hand, I think sales numbers may be low but giving this and all the current criticism towards the current game I think Bungie has the smarts to make the next game much better (at least I hope so). This isn't to say the game isn't fun, it is, but it certainly suffers from lack of content and some poor decisions on Bungie's part.

My biggest complaints about the game is lack of content/story and how Bungie stovepiped certain elements of this game. Examples include max light level, want to that and you have to grind the Raids and wear the same gear as everyone else. This was compounded when they dropped TDB and immediately made all the VoG stuff "obsolete". Common sense should have told Bungie this was going to upset a lot of people, especially the ones who grinded VoG.

Also, certain exotic weapons can only be attained by completing exotic bounties. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but I think the part that rubbed some people wrong was how certain bounties had a PvP element tied to them. Yes, I'm looking at you Thorn. I'm actually a good example of this. I'm currently on my third try at the Thorn bounty, the first two times I abandoned it out of frustration. The only reason I am trying it again is because a) I really want it and b) I now have not one but 2 primary weapons that do Void damage, this makes a big difference. I'm still struggling with it though because a) my last few games in the Crucible have been horrible and b) I'm having to learn to use all new weapons/play styles because I'm using a load out that I'm not used to. Even when I'm doing well in Crucible, I'm basically breaking even on my K/D ratio.

I just really hope they open up the maps when the next game hits the shelves. They could have made much more map area to explore and this would have been a great way to tie in the story. Just think about the patrol missions; say you could go into all those building we see on the different planets and go into each room/floor and find "clues" to the Destiny plot line (whatever that is). It could have literally added hundreds of hours to the game and made patrolling much more interesting.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 53Driver For This Useful Post:
srizzors25 (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #2049
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Destiny is a fun game, but its not a game for hard-core gamers.
IMO this is a cop-out. Any game can be a game for hard-core gamers. Just because the game doesn't define rules for you to make it harder or give you extra tasks doesn't mean you can't create them yourself. Look at all the creative things people have done to make it harder on themselves.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
MokSpeed (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #2050
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
IMO this is a cop-out. Any game can be a game for hard-core gamers. Just because the game doesn't define rules for you to make it harder or give you extra tasks doesn't mean you can't create them yourself. Look at all the creative things people have done to make it harder on themselves.
Do a Raid using only shotguns? I haven't tried that one, not even sure how you'd beat Atheon and Crota using this method but I think a Clan already did this?
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #2051
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Destiny is a fun game, but its not a game for hard-core gamers. Gamers that want MLG level gameplay and or some rediculous grind towards a certain goal.
/rant
MLG gamers will play anything that has multi-player. So I'd say that's a bad comparison for reference.

Regardless, I get the point you're trying to make.

Quote:
To add to this point the whole "hardcore gamer" is so subjective. My definition of a hardcore gamer is somebody who can go to the arcade with $5 and stay on the machines all day because they keep winning. It's easy to sit at home all day in front of a TV or computer and play online and use lag as a scapegoat for a loss. Don't have that luxury in real time situations where you have to have top notch reflexes (ie Fighting games, Racing games like Initial D, etc.)
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:17 AM   #2052
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
To add to this point the whole "hardcore gamer" is so subjective. My definition of a hardcore gamer is somebody who can go to the arcade with $5 and stay on the machines all day because they keep winning. It's easy to sit at home all day in front of a TV or computer and play online and use lag as a scapegoat for a loss. Don't have that luxury in real time situations where you have to have top notch reflexes (ie Fighting games, Racing games like Initial D, etc.)
I'd agree with this back.. uh, realizing I'm getting old now.. fifteen years ago or so? We went to Dave and Busters a few months back, which was my first time at the arcade since I've moved to SC (10+ years now) and I was extremely surprised to find out that I basically have to pay for every single level now.

Survival horror shooter game?
"CONGRATULATIONS! YOU SURVIVED! GIVE US MORE MONEY!"

Racing game?
"CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON! GIVE US MORE MONEY!"

There were no fighting games I even saw there.. Bit disappointing. Maybe I missed them, but I have a feeling it's just because it's D&B.

I did totally surprise a guy on Grid though. He got into the seat next to me and asked what track I wanted to play. I said it didn't matter since it was my first time, which to be fair was true. So he picks the easy track. I pick the hardest car, manual transmission, and smoke everyone else. I finish the race in first by a mile, he gets a DNF, looks at me, and I shrug and say "not bad for my first time, I guess."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
Do a Raid using only shotguns? I haven't tried that one, not even sure how you'd beat Atheon and Crota using this method but I think a Clan already did this?
Datto beat Crota blindfolded the other day. How's that for a handicap lol.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
00NissanNinja (04-24-2015), 53Driver (04-24-2015), MokSpeed (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #2053
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
I'd agree with this back.. uh, realizing I'm getting old now.. fifteen years ago or so? We went to Dave and Busters a few months back, which was my first time at the arcade since I've moved to SC (10+ years now) and I was extremely surprised to find out that I basically have to pay for every single level now.

That just sounds expensive! It pains me to see that arcades are virtually dead now. I don't consider D&B and other redemption game places to be arcades.

We have a niche arcade here called Round 1 which is a Japanese owned corporation. That being said, it has all the games you'd expect in a bona fide arcade. Everything ranging from drift racing games, SF, Tekken, rhythm games, shooters, side scrollers, and so on.
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:16 AM   #2054
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Garage
Gamers will play anything with multiplayer.
MLG Gamers are gamers so hence they will play anything with multiplayer.

MLG Gamers will NOT put hours and hours perfecting a skill set for a game that does not have MLG level gameplay (Destiny is one of those games).

Hard-core Gamers, I think there is a difference in definition in this discussion.

I don't feel defining someone who plays a game a-lot, and is good at that game a "Hard-core" gamer. That person is a gamer.
A person who games for something other than entertainment is a "Hard-core" gamer in my opinion.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #2055
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Is there a reason why we care what "hardcore MLG" people play?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #2056
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Garage
Not really
Old 04-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #2057
FRSPhil
Nobody Epic