follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #211
Kuzuri
__(X)__

Drives: '11 Legacy, '89 190E, '78 GS1000
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is your diffuser still unpainted? I am curious about the quality of the pieces you received.... I just got my RB diffuser today and there are flaws EVERYWHERE on this thing and I'm pretty upset about it
Old 02-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #212
xDJ DUBx
Lurker

Drives: '14 Rocket Bunny Monogram FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xDJ DUBx Send a message via Yahoo to xDJ DUBx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Is your diffuser still unpainted? I am curious about the quality of the pieces you received.... I just got my RB diffuser today and there are flaws EVERYWHERE on this thing and I'm pretty upset about it
Yeah every piece is still unpainted. What was wrong with yours?
Old 02-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #213
Kuzuri
__(X)__

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDJ DUBx View Post
Yeah every piece is still unpainted. What was wrong with yours?
I received some garbage dude.

IMG_9536 by Dustin Faulkner Photo, on Flickr
IMG_9525 by Dustin Faulkner Photo, on Flickr
IMG_9529 by Dustin Faulkner Photo, on Flickr
IMG_9534 by Dustin Faulkner Photo, on Flickr
Old 02-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #214
xDJ DUBx
Lurker

Quote:
I received some garbage dude.
IMG_9536 by Dustin Faulkner Photo, on Flickr
IMG_9525 by Dustin Faulkner Photo, on Flickr
IMG_9529 by Dustin Faulkner Photo, on Flickr
IMG_9534 by Dustin Faulkner Photo, on Flickr
Whoa what the fuck? Did you buy it brand new? That looks horrible! Mine looked nothing like that.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #215
Kuzuri
__(X)__

Quote:
Whoa what the fuck? Did you buy it brand new? That looks horrible! Mine looked nothing like that.
Brand new ordered through FT86Speedfactory. I've emailed them about the quality and they are forwarding what I send them to GReddy.

Also want to add I ordered the diffuser a couple months ago when the price was $560 shipped. I was told the next day it was discontinued and was refunded. I tried finding a used diffuser for a while and finally decided to buy the v2 instead and run spats with it. So i went back to speedfactory to order it and i see the v1 and v2 diffusers both on the site for $815 shipped. I figured id just take the hit and buy the v1 for the 815. So I paid almost $300 more than the price was the first time I ordered it and received a POS part... Im pissed! I just wanted the opinion of someone that actually had one already...
Old 02-27-2015, 11:55 AM   #216
xDJ DUBx
Lurker

Quote:
Brand new ordered through FT86Speedfactory. I've emailed them about the quality and they are forwarding what I send them to GReddy.

Also want to add I ordered the diffuser a couple months ago when the price was $560 shipped. I was told the next day it was discontinued and was refunded. I tried finding a used diffuser for a while and finally decided to buy the v2 instead and run spats with it. So i went back to speedfactory to order it and i see the v1 and v2 diffusers both on the site for $815 shipped. I figured id just take the hit and buy the v1 for the 815. So I paid almost $300 more than the price was the first time I ordered it and received a POS part... Im pissed! I just wanted the opinion of someone that actually had one already...
Wow dude that fucking blows. Mine was a little rough around the edges and had a small chunk missing from around the one of the holes but other than that, the piece looked great. Sorry to see you got such a bad one.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #217
xDJ DUBx
Lurker

My buddy snapped this of me when I was in the drive-thru of his restaurant haha

Picked up a second Toyota key cover for my spare, just so they match. I didn't think I'd care at first but then it really bothered me lol.

Also got this bad boy. Will be working on it while the car is down for paint this next week.

So on to the good stuff with...

So last friday I went down to Ark Performance to see what they could do about my broken test pipe. Kevin was very welcoming from the start and even asked about doing a little photoshoot before I left which I was very flattered about! Took some pics to let the car cool down a bit first then they got the Rocket Bunny up on the rack real quick. After inspecting the damage, they were confident they could fix the pipe however they wanted to eliminate any possibility of any further problems so they gave me a brand new test pipe and installed it all free of charge! I knew ARK was a pretty awesome company but after meeting these guys and experiencing their customer service up close and personal, I got to say that for as long as they make parts for my current project, I will always be a customer. Thanks again guys!

The awesome pics Mr. Dalton Wang gave to me from that day...

After I finished up there, I went and got my white girl on in celebration.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #218
Kuzuri
__(X)__

Quote:
Wow dude that fucking blows. Mine was a little rough around the edges and had a small chunk missing from around the one of the holes but other than that, the piece looked great. Sorry to see you got such a bad one.
Yeah, sorry man, I didn't mean to go off on your thread. Just wanted to see what someone that already had one thought. Im still waiting on a reply from GReddy so we will see! Fingers crossed.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #219
xDJ DUBx
Lurker

Quote:
Yeah, sorry man, I didn't mean to go off on your thread. Just wanted to see what someone that already had one thought. Im still waiting on a reply from GReddy so we will see! Fingers crossed.
Hey no worries dude! Let me know what happens!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #220
Kuzuri
__(X)__

Quote:
Hey no worries dude! Let me know what happens!
Heard back from GReddy. Getting a partial refund, so I'm alright with it!
Old 03-05-2015, 02:15 PM   #221
xDJ DUBx
Lurker

Quote:
Heard back from GReddy. Getting a partial refund, so I'm alright with it!
Good shit. haha
Old 03-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #222
xDJ DUBx
Lurker

Jumped on this project last weekend. The final Scion badge has been removed! I already started working on removing the silk screen logo on the HU but haven't finished yet.

Later Scion aka biggest eyesore of my life.

Final product

Installed

More pics of my car incase you forgot what it look like.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #223
xDJ DUBx
Lurker

Committed a party foul and curbed one of my wheels. First time in 8 years and only my second time ever in my life -__- It was early morning, I was doing a sharp reverse around a curb, the sun was blinding me in my mirrors and I was overly confident in my skillz then BOOM. Hit like a nuke right in the pit of my heart.

It's only a 2 inch section and isn't noticeable. Initially I was like "fuck this I'm buying a new wheel" but after I calmed down and realized one wheel would be $500, I decided not to go that route haha. The wheel isn't bent or anything to a wheel refinishing place should be able to wipe it clean, I just haven't go around to it yet as I was too busy with this..

Yes, that's right, the day has finally come.

But before I get to that, I wanna show you guys how I finished up the Rocket Bunny install while the parts were off the car. I got the rear welded up and sealed but it looked MEH. I wanted it to look as professional as possible to prevent any problems down the line AND in case I ever had to run without the any or all the flares again, it wouldn't look so gnarly. I smoothed out all of the cuts made, caulked the edges and sealed up any exposed holes, then painted everything with bedliner to protect it from rocks and shit but also make it look nice too. I'm really happy with the final result.

This was my first real time working with caulking so I know it isn't pretty but it'll do the job haha. Also when I removed the kit, I finished up some other minor details such as shaving/smoothing down the flare lips to make them completely flush and give me the most clearance possible. I also cleaned up the corners of the front lip and skirts I had to cut to allow turn the wheel. Originally I just clipped the corners, it did the job but looked jank so I squared off the corners in such a way that the cut is hidden so unless you know what the unmolested parts look like, you'd never know anything was altered.

The lip is the same way but the cut was so minor I didn't bother taking a pic. Oh and the amount of dirt and crap that got caught in the flares and fenders was fucking retarded. This was just one rear flare. I'm gonna look into some guards or another way to prevent this.

Alright, onto the good stuff. The completed car.

Before and after comparison.

The difference is massive in person if you've seen the car with and without paint, but in pics its not that noticeable for simple fact 98% of my pics are from my phone so the unpainted parts always kind of meshed together with the car paint but to give you guys a better idea, this is the best pic I got that shows how obvious the difference was in person.

As you may or may not notice, the paint doesn't match perfectly of course. Now it's close enough for me to just accept it considering the car wasn't painted and no blending either but my painter was not happy, he knows he can get closer. So the parts will be reshot in a couple weeks haha. He took the car to his paint supplier to pull the color directly off the car and they were there for 2 hours trying to get the best mix possible so he's pretty excited, as am I. My saint black paint will also be here by then to paint the deck of the wing and diffuser to make it look more legit than no paint at all even though it's still going to be black.

So that's pretty much whats going on with the car at the moment and here's a random pic of me saving my boy on his ruckus a couple weeks back haha.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:48 AM   #224
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Holy crud yo inspire me to do this too! Unfortunately, no money lol. Gonna wait 3-5yrs and buy a junked FR-S and just rebuild it. Gonna keep mine virgin for DD and have other for fun.

akahenry (04-06-2015)