follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 11-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #1121
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
So Yesterday, I'm on my way to work and it's a "moving" with Richard prior moment. Watch the movie if you're too young to have seen it. The main highway leading to the freeway is a red light everywhere if you don't catch it just right.

So I start catching all the lights red, and when it turns green at one of the lights I take off to make sure I make the next light. I do, but there is an M5 sedan that I had to pass to make the light. He gets the idea that I"m trying to race him and a couple of lights later he pulls up right next to me. I look over at him and just laugh.

The light turns green and he takes off. I just laugh. I get on the freeway and set my cruise at 80 and I pass him. He somehow thought not only that we were racing but that he won the race. I look over at him and he makes the thumb and forefinger in an "L" shape and I give him a hang loose and keep on my way...

If you don't get above 3000rpms, why would someone think you're racing them???

Jaden
Stuck up small penis syndrome common occurrence among the few m division BMW drivers......
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:28 AM   #1122
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
Hp and tq #s mixed, mah bad.

Don't own the car and still have better stats lmao
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:51 AM   #1123
ohnoitsthefuzz

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS 6 Speed Raven Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
So not necessarily one incident, but a general trend amongst Kia Forte drivers. What's up with these little shit driver's tailgating and instigating shit. Seriously?

They act like BMW 3 series drivers without 1) The fucking BMW and 2) The power. They're just annoying and think they are hot shit lol.

I've rarely come across one that isn't a douchebag.

/rant
HAHA!
E
On my way home from work. Cruisng down the freeway at about 75. See blue and yellow lights coming up from behind in my lane and gaining. Thinking to myself...Whats this? Car gets right on my ass, and changes lanes inches from my bumper. Look over to see who the hell this guy thinks he is. It was a stanced blue Kia Forte. A motherf***ing stanced Kia f***ing Forte! In all of its 16", totally inappropriate offset, stretched 195 wide rolling stock, crazy camber, and "bosozoku" style exhaust glory!

Next thing I know he jams on the brakes, the window rolls down and two Justin Beiber looking little a-holes start stare me down. The staring goes on for about4-5 seconds before the driver gives me the "what's up?" nod before he drops a gear and speeds (or at least attempts) off.

I literally took the next 10 minutes of my commute trying to figure out what the hell had just happened.
ohnoitsthefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ohnoitsthefuzz For This Useful Post:
Cliu91 (11-21-2014), FRSBRZGT86FAN (12-02-2014), mizzta21 (01-08-2015), Tcoat (11-21-2014), themadscientist (12-05-2014), WallsAndFoundations (12-03-2014)
Old 11-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #1124
poorsche

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited, 2000 Impreza Sport
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So this suv blew by me on the empty freeway the other day and then slowed down to my speed. I could see it was a Jeep, then noticed the exhaust tips were centered on the rear bumper and it was LOUD...Jeep SRT. First pull from 65 I lost him and thought maybe he wasn't racing, but he caught back up and we slowed down to about 50 and I waited until he mashed it. Same result, lost him quickly in 3rd gear. I'm supercharged on e-85 but still making a bit less than 300whp...Jeep SRT's claim 470hp? Weight/gearing and whp vs. crank hp that big of a difference? (Also I know it never happened because I don't have video)
Old 11-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #1125
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
YEs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsche View Post
So this suv blew by me on the empty freeway the other day and then slowed down to my speed. I could see it was a Jeep, then noticed the exhaust tips were centered on the rear bumper and it was LOUD...Jeep SRT. First pull from 65 I lost him and thought maybe he wasn't racing, but he caught back up and we slowed down to about 50 and I waited until he mashed it. Same result, lost him quickly in 3rd gear. I'm supercharged on e-85 but still making a bit less than 300whp...Jeep SRT's claim 470hp? Weight/gearing and whp vs. crank hp that big of a difference? (Also I know it never happened because I don't have video)
A car that weighs 5150 lbs with 470 hp will NOT compete with a car that weighs 2800 that makes 340-350 which would be the valid comparison since yours is whp and his is bhp. 30% more power will not move twice as much weight as fast.

That's one of the best things about our platform. We can add power, even if we have to do engine swaps, they can't reduce that much weight as easily as we can add power, and that's if we don't take the same weight reduction steps that they can...

Jaden
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaden For This Useful Post:
poorsche (11-21-2014), WallsAndFoundations (12-03-2014)
Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #1126
STV3
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Race him from a dig and see what happens. Those things launch like a bat out of hell.

Also lets not forget about how much more aerodynamic our car is compared to a Jeep lol
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STV3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #1127
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
So this suv blew by me on the empty freeway the other day and then slowed down to my speed. I could see it was a Jeep, then noticed the exhaust tips were centered on the rear bumper and it was LOUD...Jeep SRT. First pull up to 65 I lost him and thought maybe he wasn't racing, but he caught back up and we slowed down to about 50 and I waited until he mashed it. Same result, lost him quickly in 3rd gear. I'm supercharged on e-85 but still making a bit less than 300whp...Jeep SRT's claim 470hp? Weight/gearing and whp vs. crank hp that big of a difference? (Also it never happened )
FIFY
Now, you were not racing on the highway either were you?
This is where, as you say, the whole weight to HP and aerodynamics arguments come into play. A 470hp engine pushing a heavy (5000 lb +/-), almost flat, very large surface through the air is not very efficient. With your boast and the cars design you should easily out pace him. Hell, once moving a stock FRS should out pace him although he would kick our ass from a dead stop. You have presented a good example of why the numbers on paper don't mean much in reality.
With these two vehicles the real fun would start if there was a sharp bend in the road.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #1128
poorsche

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited, 2000 Impreza Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
Race him from a dig and see what happens. Those things launch like a bat out of hell.

Also lets not forget about how much more aerodynamic our car is compared to a Jeep lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
A car that weighs 5150 lbs with 470 hp will NOT compete with a car that weighs 2800 that makes 340-350 which would be the valid comparison since yours is whp and his is bhp. 30% more power will not move twice as much weight as fast.

That's one of the best things about our platform. We can add power, even if we have to do engine swaps, they can't reduce that much weight as easily as we can add power, and that's if we don't take the same weight reduction steps that they can...

Jaden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
FIFY
Now, you were not racing on the highway either were you?
This is where, as you say, the whole weight to HP and aerodynamics arguments come into play. A 470hp engine pushing a heavy (5000 lb +/-), almost flat, very large surface through the air is not very efficient. With your boast and the cars design you should easily out pace him. Hell, once moving a stock FRS should out pace him although he would kick our ass from a dead stop. You have presented a good example of why the numbers on paper don't mean much in reality.
With these two vehicles the real fun would start if there was a sharp bend in the road.
I guess I have heard the weight and aerodynamic argument for years but never saw the physics firsthand until then. At any rate, it was one of the best "things that make you grin all the way home" moments I've had in the car.
Tcoat (11-21-2014)
Old 11-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #1129
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
I guess I have heard the weight and aerodynamic argument for years but never saw the physics firsthand until then. At any rate, it was one of the best "things that make you grin all the way home" moments I've had in the car.
I was living proof of the concept for a couple of years when I had a 64 Ford Econoline short box van. It had a 351 Cleveland crammed into the "dog house" between the seats. With it's balance, power to weight and massive torque it could go quite a ways with the front wheels off the ground, from a dead stop.
But... get it on the highway and that big flat front with the surface area of 2 full pieces of plywood then came into play.
With any kind of head wind the gas gauge would go down faster then the speedometer went up!
Demandred7 (11-21-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #1130
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
With it's balance, power to weight and massive torque it could go quite a ways with the front wheels off the ground, from a dead stop.
Well thats a wheeliarino right there!
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
cdrazic93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cdrazic93 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-25-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #1131
艾洛

Drives: Raven
One day, I`d like to see someone pull up to a tinted FRS/BRZ owner and roll/power down their windows and stare/rev/do something stupid to instigate a race. While the BRZ/FRS owner is a police officer still in uniform. I'd like to see their reaction when they see the officer as the windows go down.

I had a shelby gt500 zigzagging behind me, I slowed down and he started to flash his high beams. (I was in the right lane AND there were no cars on the left lane so I was under the assumption he would change lanes) This went on for a good 5-10s before I decided to change lanes. He'd floor it a car length ahead, slam on the brakes, and turn back behind me -- high-beaming and zigzagging -- After a good 10s of this we reached some traffic and I decided to change lanes in front of a nice family SUV. Shelby tried to cut him off but it seems like the SUV knew what was going on when we were way back behind him. SUV sped up, held his horn, and moved closer towards the middle line to keep the gt500 from coming into the lane. After the gt500 sped off the SUV driver gave me a thumbs up and I proceeded to thank him.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #1132
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Yet another STi pacing next to me then taking off last night. I know you have a turbo and its fast y0.

STi owners out there, we get it, relax.
B-R-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B-R-Z For This Useful Post:
themadscientist (12-27-2014), Yamaha_R6 (12-15-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #1133
wlfpck

Drives: 2015 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
So not necessarily one incident, but a general trend amongst Kia Forte drivers. What's up with these little shit driver's tailgating and instigating shit. Seriously?

They act like BMW 3 series drivers without 1) The fucking BMW and 2) The power. They're just annoying and think they are hot shit lol.

I've rarely come across one that isn't a douchebag.

/rant
Probably because the Kia Forte Koup is the cheapest 200 hp car you can get that is new.

Mommy and daddy buy their kiddies one since it has the 10 year 100K mile warranty. Kiddies gets the 1.6L turbo engine to make him/her the next Lewis Hamilton.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #1134
Bg8780

Drives: '13 Black Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRai View Post
very true. im sure some prius drivers care about the environment etc etc, but im sure many just like it cause $30 for a fillup. I drive a lexus ct200h (prius-based lexus) along with my sequoia and it helps justify (jk not really) owning a huge v8 suv that does 13mpg. Although driving the ct200h just provide comic relief, you can just floor it from a stand still and its almost funny how slow it is. I once got torque steer from it (dont ask me how idk)
I make fun of my dad all the time for having a CT200h. He traded in his Prius for it (couldn't handle the shitty and uncomfortable interior anymore)

But he has a 996 Targa and IS-F in the garage too so I can't give him too much shit. I will say the CT handles quite decently for the type of car it is. He didn't waste his money on the "F Sport" springs either and it's still respectable in a corner.
Bg8780 is offline   Reply With Quote