follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #85
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
What is there to be confused about?

I said I care about domestic violence, and I want to hear different perspectives about it. Christy Mack is a victim of domestic violence, thus this is a good thread to read about people's different perspectives.

I am confused why you are even on these forums.. Do you even 86 bro?!
Old 08-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #86
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about. Not caring about Christy Mack being assaulted by her boyfriend, and Not caring about domestic violence are two different things.

I care about People getting abused.

Do I care about Christy Mack (an individual) getting abused? Nope.
The cognitive dissonance here is mind-numbing. Is this real? For some, care doesn't have to be for someone known. Strangers have value as well.

Quote:
What I'm saying is: You can recognize something is a tragedy. But if you are going to get butt hurt for everything tragic in the world, you have a lot of sleepless nights coming.
This event in her life was brought up in this forum as she is a proud FT owner like the rest of us.

No offense, but the only person sounding really butt-hurt here is you. Consider that people's negative responses to your post may have not been due to them being overly sympathetic (if a person can be in instance as horrible as this), but instead that perhaps your point was articulated in a dismissive and somewhat condescending way. Just sayin'.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
murdoc (08-13-2014), Shagaliscious (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #87
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Okay. this is way off topic.

1. The reason why I mentioned not caring about christy mack is another person Posted if it was wrong to not care. And it is not wrong to not care.

2. Then the question was brought up as to why I read and posted this thread. I do not care about christy mack. I do not know her and her actions and the actions taken against her do not affect my personal life. I do, however, think Domestic Violence is a serious issue. Thus the reason I read this thread.

3. I think you just want to use big words. NO where in any post was: Its wrong to care about a stranger. Was there any post that said strangers do not have value?

For me, Christy Mack does not impact my life. So I do not care about what she had for breakfast.. what she named her baby.....

I do care about domestic violence. In this instance it happend to be Christy Mack.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #88
enwave
That headunit though...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SSM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbyat07 View Post
I don't know if this was already mentioned but why didn't she call the cops when her friend was being beaten up by him or why didn't the friend call the cops after he got kicked out of the house?

Aside from the news that perhaps she was the only one home, if she had been beaten before like she said she was, sometimes people start to treat that like the norm, or just another incident. It's really sad, but by the time she realized this one was going to be different, it may have been too late to get to a phone even if other people were present.

The fact that someone can be so abused that the stop feeling a necessity to report is scary and a real thing.
enwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #89
murdoc
Sometimes I'm wrong.

Drives: '13 FR-S/'96 240SX
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
The cognitive dissonance here is mind-numbing. Is this real? For some, care doesn't have to be for someone known. Strangers have value as well.

This event in her life was brought up in this forum as she is a proud FT owner like the rest of us.

No offense, but the only person sounding really butt-hurt here is you. Consider that people's negative responses to your post may have not been due to them being overly sympathetic (if a person can be in instance as horrible as this), but instead that perhaps your point was articulated in a dismissive and somewhat condescending way. Just sayin'.
I hadn't noticed his earlier posts in the thread.

We've been trolled. Move on.
murdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murdoc For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #90
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc View Post
I hadn't noticed his earlier posts in the thread.

We've been trolled. Move on.
Got it, thanks!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #91
Rocket.BRZ
Banned

Drives: 2010 WRX (sold) 2013 brz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
Never understood why women were interested in 'bad boys'.
Plus 1
Rocket.BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #92
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
Look out brother

"It's aright, i'm a hall monitor"
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shagaliscious For This Useful Post:
JonAvalon (08-13-2014), Marchy (08-13-2014), sklimo (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #93
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Not sure how many people out there really read entire articles before commenting. Read this yesterday (article attached to post #1) and there were/are 3 people involved in this incident. The friend she was with got beat up, thrown out of the house and then CM got beaten up. Hope the Dawg finds him.

On another note of dirtbags........John Walsh (Americas Most Wanted) has a new show on CNN called The Hunt w/John Walsh. So far 2 of the 4 people profiled on the first 2 shows are dead. One was killed by police after shooting a couple of cops and the 2nd guy committed suicide after killing his wife and 2 kids.
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #94
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
WAR MACHINE ARRESTED

UPDATE: War machine arrested

by implodingrat · 1 hour ago

Sauce: http://ktla.com/2014/08/15/mma-fight...ex-girlfriend/ "A mixed martial-arts fighter from California who was sought in connection with the beating of his adult film star ex-girlfriend was arrested Friday in Simi Valley. Jonathan “War Machine”Koppenhaver was taken into custody about 1:45 p.m. in Simi Valley by police at the request of the U.S. Marshals Service. An arrest warrant had been issued for Koppenhaver stemming from an incident in Las Vegas last week, according to police. A former Simi Valley resident, Koppenhaver was found at the Extended Stay America Hotel located at 2498 Stearns St., just off the 118 Freeway (map), according to the Simi Valley Police Department. Inside the room was “a small quantity of cash and some pizza,” a police news release stated. He had been transported to the Ventura County Jail. Christy Mack, Koppenhaver’s ex-girlfriend, on Monday posted graphic photos on Twitter showing injuries she said were dealt to her by Koppenhaver. Koppenhaver, in turn, also took to Twitter to defend himself, saying he had planned to propose to Mack. “I only wish that man hadn’t been there and that Christy & I would be happily engaged. I don’t know y I’m so cursed,” he tweeted Sunday. “One day truth will come out.” In a statement she posted, Mack said her ex-boyfriend arrived at her home around 2 a.m. Aug. 8 and assaulted her and a friend. Las Vegas Police issued a warrant for his arrest, charging him with several counts of battery, assault with a deadly weapon and other crimes, according to the Los Angeles Times. A Las Vegas police spokesman told KTLA on Tuesday that investigators believed Koppenhaver had gone to Southern California. Mack posted photos of herself bruised in a hospital, saying she suffered 18 broken bones, a ruptured liver and could not walk, according to her statement. She said their relationship had ended in May. A fundraising page set up for Mack’s medical expenses had raised more than $65,000 by Friday.
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #95
bobafreak

Drives: 04 silver bubble
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As much as some people in jail hate wife abusers, this guy i bet you is not going to be ****d with in jail. If he does and loses Dana will hire the best lawyer to free the person who does.

You heard it first.
bobafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #96
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Dude is a trained fighter. He should have been charged with attempted murder.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #97
ihaskrayon
The Comedian

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
That has to be an old picture. Does he have MACK tattoo'd on his neck?

wtf is wrong with people these days. I hope he drops the soap
ihaskrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #98
Kids Heart

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Food View Post
Didn't read this entire thread...but UFC fans/people/scene are all dbags. I have friends that are fans...they're all asshles, dckhds and/or dbags. I really find it pathetic that everyone in SoCal is into UFC. It's very lame. Makes me miss NorCal and the east coast even more since there there isn't a widespread mainstream trendy UFC scene.

I wish they'd put everyone into UFC, all participants and all fans, into a gas chamber and kill them all. The world would be a better place.

I know there's plenty of UFC fans here most likely...So, nothing personal...just change your interest or shoot yourself
I am a MMA fan that occasionally watches the UFC and am quite certainly not a D-Bag nor an apologist for domestic abusers. I am also not suicidal so sorry on that one too.
Kids Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kids Heart For This Useful Post:
Food (08-20-2014)