follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

View Poll Results: Which enclosure model would you most like to see come through production first?
8" Passenger side enclosure 77 21.63%
8" Driver side enclosure 16 4.49%
10" Passenger side enclosure 136 38.20%
10" Driver side enclosure 36 10.11%
Pair of 8" enclosures 56 15.73%
Pair of 10" enclosures 83 23.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #267
Integrity Concepts

Drives: Concepts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So 7 years ago today, on 7/7/07, Integrity Concepts was officially founded! Yes I like the number 7, and it is my favorite number. Some would say it is the perfect number. No I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in lucky numbers, but since timing was to have it be close enough to work out that way, I said why not.

So what does this mean? Well we figured we would celebrate and allow others to do so as well! If you have been looking into getting one of our enclosures, now is as good a time as any. Check out our $77.77 off special pricing.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Integrity Concepts; 07-28-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Integrity Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Integrity Concepts For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (07-07-2014), Koa (03-07-2015)
Old 07-13-2014, 10:46 PM   #268
SPT Legacy

Drives: 2014 Lightning Red BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looking good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity Concepts View Post
Some finished pics of the Gold Metallic pair...

SPT Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #269
BRZGM3

Drives: CBS brz limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity Concepts<br />
Shipped out an Integrity Enclosure to Germany today!
<br />
<br />
And here it is! <br />
<br />
Shipping and customs took about two weeks. Adding another 68 EUR for taxes and customs the enclosure gets rather pricey but the build quality is really outstanding <br />
<br />
The black option is maching my trunk liner pretty well: <br />
<br />
<br />
I was rather surprised that the sub even fits with my Weathertech mat in place (after some careful aligning): <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Using an ARC Audio ARC8D4v3 chassis the tiny sub produces more than enough bass for our car at least if you are into sound quality: <br />
<br />
<br />
The provided fastening is nice (especially if you consider that most subs come without anything) and track day approved. For increased safety (since you have to expect crashes with > 140 mph in germany) I would recommend drilling some screws into the trunk or use those metal fittings which sailors and mountaineers use.<br/>
BRZGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #270
Integrity Concepts

Here is a look at our latest FRS / 86 / BRZ fiberglass subwoofer enclosure project, a pair of 8" boxes painted OEM FR-S Whiteout / BRZ Satin White Pearl (37J). Also included is a pair of press fit grills painted to match with black suede wrapped trim rings.

Sprayed with a high build primer / sealer, wet sanded to 600 grit, masked off, and prepped with wax and grease remover and wiped down with a tack cloth:

Pair of 8" Integrity fiberglass subwoofer enclosures sprayed Scion FR-S Whiteout (paint code 37J) / Subaru BRZ Satin White Pearl (paint code 37J):

This is a tri-stage paint process with 3-4 coats of base color, 3 coats of mid-coat translucent pearl, and 3-4 coats of clear:

Here is a close up in the booth after the final coat of clear:

After wet sanding the faces with 800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1500 grit they are machine polished and masked off for the application of the sound deadening and bed liner:

Finished pics to follow!
Old 07-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #271
Integrity Concepts

Here is a look at our latest FRS / 86 / BRZ fiberglass subwoofer enclosure project, a pair of 8" boxes painted OEM FR-S Whiteout / BRZ Satin White Pearl (37J). Also included is a pair of press fit grills painted to match with black suede wrapped trim rings.

Finished Pics!

Passenger Side 8" Integrity fiberglass subwoofer enclosure sprayed Scion FR-S Whiteout (paint code 37J) / Subaru BRZ Satin White Pearl (paint code 37J):

Driver Side 8" Integrity fiberglass subwoofer enclosure sprayed Scion FR-S Whiteout (paint code 37J) / Subaru BRZ Satin White Pearl (paint code 37J):

Close up of the mounting system:

Some close ups of the paint:

A pic with flash:

The same pic without flash:

Here is a look at the dividing line between the front and back of the enclosure. Satin White Pearl meets sound deadener:

Old 07-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #272
afsefo

Drives: FR-S
Here are my enclosures.
Attached Images

afsefo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afsefo For This Useful Post:
Integrity Concepts (07-31-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #273
alexand3r
Custom User Title

Drives: Spaceship
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Finished Pics!

Passenger Side 8" Integrity fiberglass subwoofer enclosure sprayed Scion FR-S Whiteout (paint code 37J) / Subaru BRZ Satin White Pearl (paint code 37J):

Driver Side 8" Integrity fiberglass subwoofer enclosure sprayed Scion FR-S Whiteout (paint code 37J) / Subaru BRZ Satin White Pearl (paint code 37J):

Close up of the mounting system:

Some close ups of the paint:

A pic with flash:

The same pic without flash:

Here is a look at the dividing line between the front and back of the enclosure. Satin White Pearl meets sound deadener:

How much for the each and both? Please PM me the price, these look fantastic!
alexand3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alexand3r For This Useful Post:
Integrity Concepts (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 02:28 PM   #274
Integrity Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsefo View Post
Here are my enclosures.
Thanks for the pic, looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexand3r View Post
How much for the each and both? Please PM me the price, these look fantastic!
PM'd a price quote for the 8" OEM Satin White Pearl pair of enclosures with grills.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #275
pacemkr

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Fantastic work! Looking at the quality, I'd definitely be interested in A-pillar molds.
pacemkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #276
quality_sound

Drives: '15 BRZ Series.Blue
Quote:
Thanks for the pic, looking great!

PM'd a price quote for the 8" OEM Satin White Pearl pair of enclosures with grills.
I'd also like a quote for one and both in Crystal White Pearl.

How much airspace are in them? What's the mounting diameter and max depth?

Thanks
quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #277
zkahle

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Dear integrity concepts, I read on previous posts that you could possibly modify one of your 10'' enclosures to fit a 12'' sub despite not having enough internal volume for a 12''. The only reason as to why I dont want to purchase a 10'' is because I currently own two 12'' kicker comp aluminum series subs and all the equipment to go along with it. I was hoping to transfer that from my last car to my FRS. Is it possible to modify one of your enclosures to fit my 12'' sub? I could always use packing material to compensate for the lack of internal volume right?

Thanks
zkahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #278
shiro

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2014 Lexus IS350
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Hi All,

Just wanted to drop this here. Been using them for about 7 months now. They sound great, look great and bring out the car. Thanks again Dan!

Name:  IMG_3260.JPG
Views: 1674
Size:  166.0 KB
Old 10-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #279
Integrity Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkahle View Post
Dear integrity concepts, I read on previous posts that you could possibly modify one of your 10'' enclosures to fit a 12'' sub despite not having enough internal volume for a 12''. The only reason as to why I dont want to purchase a 10'' is because I currently own two 12'' kicker comp aluminum series subs and all the equipment to go along with it. I was hoping to transfer that from my last car to my FRS. Is it possible to modify one of your enclosures to fit my 12'' sub? I could always use packing material to compensate for the lack of internal volume right?

Thanks
Yes, we can modify our 10" enclosures to house a 12" sub by customizing the face of the enclosure. We essentially move the subwoofer mounting surface and integrated MDF mounting ring from its recessed position to make it a surface mount. This will effectively increase the overall subwoofer diameter allowed to be about 12.5" and increase the mounting/magnet depth to about 9". The enclosures internal volume is also increased to .9 cu ft. In trade, this modification makes the enclosure incompatible with our grill option.

I looked up the specs on your 12" Kicker Comps and Kicker recommends a sealed volume of 1.0 cu ft for a compact enclosure design, while our modified enclosure would come in at .9 cu ft. We stuff all of our enclosures with polyfil acoustical sound dampening material in order to allow the customer to slightly tune the sub and enclosure combo to their liking. This material smooths out the sound and slows down the sound waves within the enclosure, essentially making it act like a larger enclosure within a reasonably close percentage. I feel that if you left most of this material in the enclosure you could make up the .10 cu ft needed to achieve the recommended 1.0 cu ft.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Email or PM me if you would like a quote for performing this modification, estimated shipping charges, etc.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #280
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
I PM'd you guys a while ago. Feel free to respond as time permits. Thanks!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio stereo low end bass, fiberglass enclosure, stealthbox style, subwoofer speaker box, vehicle specific sub box