follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

View Poll Results: Which enclosure model would you most like to see come through production first?
8" Passenger side enclosure 77 21.63%
8" Driver side enclosure 16 4.49%
10" Passenger side enclosure 136 38.20%
10" Driver side enclosure 36 10.11%
Pair of 8" enclosures 56 15.73%
Pair of 10" enclosures 83 23.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 05-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #253
savaged

Drives: 2013 FRS/86
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Very clean work, how much for a pair 10' in black?
savaged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savaged For This Useful Post:
Integrity Concepts (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 01:22 AM   #254
Integrity Concepts

Drives: Concepts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thank you for your interest and nice comment about our work. We are currently running a special painted pair package to encourage more custom installs! It consists of a pair of painted enclosures and matching painted press fit grills with wrapped rings! (other grill / trim color and finish options available)

I PM'd you with all of the pricing and details.

Thanks - Dan
Integrity Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #255
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,675 Times in 6,782 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
so i had an unfortunate chance to test how these enclosures stay in position in an accident. maybe they stay tighter to the corner without the trunk mat, but mine didn't fare so well..

this is what did it in..
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...l=1#post711206

integrity-- moving forward, i would really recommend using a larger piece of metal along the top edge. i feel this is a good design, it just doesn't have enough 'bite' because of the small width to really prevent the box from moving under more extreme circumstances..
chanomatik (06-05-2014)
Old 05-30-2014, 02:13 AM   #256
Integrity Concepts

Soundman98, I am so sad to hear of the unfortunate totaling of your BRZ, but I am glad that no one was physically hurt during the accident. A T-bone at 30-40 MPH will definitely do some rearranging of things, and unfortunately we do not have the means to test and warrant our quick release mounting tab under this extreme of circumstances. As you mentioned - Installing the enclosure on top of the rubber trunk mat might have reduced some of the carpet friction to the underside of the enclosure that would usually aid in its holding power, this also meant you were unable to install the optional back to back dual lock strip that is included for an additional hold under more extreme cornering (though I am not sure even that could have kept the enclosure from coming dislodged in an accident of this magnitude). We thank you for your input to help us better improve the 10" enclosure tab design. Again, we are just very glad to see you physically ok, and able to stand after this accident. I do hope you get your replacement BRZ soon! Take Care.

The Following User Says Thank You to Integrity Concepts For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (06-05-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #257
Integrity Concepts

Shipped out an Integrity Enclosure to Germany today!

We have shipped internationally to Canada, Australia, Italy, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and now Germany.

If you are interested in purchasing one of our subwoofer enclosures but live outside of the US, the rates through the United States Postal Service's Priority International Mail are very good. PM or email us for a shipping quote.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:02 AM   #258
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity Concepts View Post
If it could be shown that there was enough of a demand for such an item, we would look into producing it in the near future, but right now our focus is on fulfilling all of the pre orders on our current product models. We have had quite a bit of interest in the following audio related items:

- Enclosures to house square woofers
- Rear seat side panel enclosures for 8" subs
- A spare tire well enclosure for shallow mount 10", 12", and even 13.5" subs

We would need to explore all of these options to see what is actually possible, functional, cost effective for shipping, and has enough demand.
I'd would definitely be up for a rear seat delete option. One seat space with a 10in subwoofer, and the other seat for amplifier space. When I mention the seat I'm obviously talking about the seat foam your butt sits on.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #259
Integrity Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
I'd would definitely be up for a rear seat delete option. One seat space with a 10in subwoofer, and the other seat for amplifier space. When I mention the seat I'm obviously talking about the seat foam your butt sits on.
We have looked extensively into doing this rear seat replacement option. The design we came up with would replace just the bottom seat cushion (for now) and have a large opening on either side that could be used for a number of interchangeable options like storage pockets with hinged lids, or a sub box on one side and and an amp rack on the other. The concern here is that there might not be enough demand to justify the amount of development time and materials needed to set up something like this, and the lower volume of sales means the price would have to be set higher. This coupled with the cost of shipping such a large item, it is our concern that most interested individuals would just find a way to have something similar custom built locally for less. We have thought of making it to be a two piece left and right part to reduce the large shipping length and thus reduce the shipping cost.

Then there is the part of us that sees the functionality of such a piece especially for the pockets to replace an otherwise useless back seat, but on the other hand we see that this is not the greatest of locations for a subwoofer. Located this close to the front of the cabin there is a possibility of hearing the cone flutter and that there may not be enough distance for the bass note to fully develop. Also putting the seat back down over the top of the subwoofer could not only muffle the sound but could be damaging to the subs motor structure and suspension, even with a grill to cover it. We have to ask ourselves if maybe this type of design should be left for a custom one off build in order to fully allow the flexibility of different components and a design that suits each end user... Pockets would definitely be nice and likely welcomed by many, but we are just thinking that at the price we would have to have this setup at, the demand would be very low for just pockets. A plastic parts manufacturer could probably run with this idea and pop hundreds of the pocket design from a machine to reduce the costs. We work in fiberglass and various other composites, which is great for the strength needed for a sub enclosure, but again hand laid fiberglass could end up being too expensive of a buy for just a shelf with pockets.

For now the idea of doing such a design has been put on hold to focus on other projects. We welcome any input to further reinforce the idea(s) surrounding this project. If we could settle on a design that has functionality useful to many and yet maintain a price point low enough that there will be enough demand, we will seriously consider bringing it off the back burner.

Last edited by Integrity Concepts; 06-05-2014 at 03:02 PM.
soundman98 (06-07-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #260
Integrity Concepts

Here is a few pics of our very detailed custom painting process. This 10" Integrity Enclosure received a coating of Subaru BRZ OEM Dark Gray Metallic which is the same as the FR-S OEM Asphalt color code 61K.

First we start off by hand sanding the parts gelcoat followed by a very detailed spot filling process to remove any pin holes in the surface and to refine the seam line. We then spray on a high build primer sealer and allow it time to cure. The primer is blocked and wet sanded to 800 grit and the opening is taped off. We then wax and grease remover the entire surface and tack cloth the area to eliminate any foreign substances or particles.'

Next we spray on 3 coats of base color which in this case was the Subaru BRZ OEM Dark Gray Metallic / Scion FRS Asphalt (61K).

Then we spray on 3-4 coats of clear coat for a deep gloss.

After an adequate cure time for the paint we continue with additional finishing processes when most other enclosure manufactures will call it good. We wet sand the surface with 800 grit, 1000 grit, 1500 grit, and finally 2000 grit to achieve a very flat surface of the highest quality. We then perform a 2 stage buffing of the surface to bring back the shine. Now the enclosure face is meticulously taped off in preparation for the application of the sound deadening compound inside and out and a bed liner in the recessed opening.

When all the finishes are done curing and the tape is removed, it looks like this!

Now onto installing the bracket, terminals, and wire. To complete the piece we perform a hand glazing of the painted areas for a class "A" finish, just before stuffing it with a polyfil dampening material and wrapping it up for shipment.
chanomatik (06-18-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #261
Integrity Concepts

Here are some pics of the finished product!

chanomatik (06-18-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #262
BennyBRZ

Drives: 14 BRZ Limited - DGM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey I recognize that Sub!

I'll be sure to post my install pictures once I recoup some funds to finish my install next month.
BennyBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #263
Integrity Concepts

Here are some pics of a pair of 10" enclosures we painted a Gold Metallic and shipped out this week!

chanomatik (06-20-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #264
Integrity Concepts

Some finished pics of the Gold Metallic pair...

chanomatik (06-20-2014)
Old 06-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #265
rtv

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity Concepts View Post
Shipped out an Integrity Enclosure to Germany today!
And here it is!

Shipping and customs took about two weeks. Adding another 68 EUR for taxes and customs the enclosure gets rather pricey but the build quality is really outstanding

The black option is maching my trunk liner pretty well:

I was rather surprised that the sub even fits with my Weathertech mat in place (after some careful aligning):

Using an ARC Audio ARC8D4v3 chassis the tiny sub produces more than enough bass for our car at least if you are into sound quality:

The provided fastening is nice (especially if you consider that most subs come without anything) and track day approved. For increased safety (since you have to expect crashes with > 140 mph in germany) I would recommend drilling some screws into the trunk or use those metal fittings which sailors and mountaineers use.

Last edited by rtv; 06-30-2014 at 01:47 PM.
rtv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rtv For This Useful Post:
Integrity Concepts (06-30-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #266
Integrity Concepts

Like the post above - There have been a few requests for black carpet finish on the enclosures. Below are some pics of the 8" and 10" Integrity Enclosures for the FRS / BRZ / GT 86 in a black carpet finish.

10" Driver side Integrity Enclosure in black finish - vehicle specific fiberglass subwoofer enclosure for the BRZ / FRS / GT 86

8" Driver side Integrity Enclosure in black finish - vehicle specific fiberglass sub box for the BRZ / FRS / GT 86

8" with grill option.

Tags
audio stereo low end bass, fiberglass enclosure, stealthbox style, subwoofer speaker box, vehicle specific sub box