follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 05-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #2283
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Since the Gratiot cruise is on the 14 of June the day I was going to have everyone over do we want to stick with that date or move it to a time that works better.

Sent from my Q10
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #2284
Accurate Race Shop

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R L Newb View Post
I wish I had used something. 60k miles and my hood looks terrible! I think I tailgate too much...
I have a clear bra that works pretty well if you can tolerate the line across the hood visible at some angles. And holy miles batman I thought I did a lot of driving at 33k since June of 2012 when I bought mine.

Sent from my Q10
Old 05-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #2285
Skidrcn

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikond View Post
I still have that J2 dual exhaust in my garage that I never installed.. I'd like to sell it to someone local so save the hassle of shipping it.

Anyone interested in a really cheap aftermarket exhaust? I mean really cheap!!! I'd like to sell one that I have in my garage.

I bought the J2 dual tip exhaust from ebay. It's the dual tip.. not the quad tip. I bought it back in May hoping I could get it installed prior to my trip to Carlisle PA for that show I went to. Well.. it didn't come in time.. then life got busy.. and I didn't get around to install until about 2 weeks after.

When I tried to install I found that it wasn't a perfect fit. The exhaust hangers need a little bending to get it to install without bumping on the rear suspension arm. It also needs a few new gaskets because the sizing of the ones they sent me wasn't quite right in all the connections. I was able to get a small refund back from the ebay seller.

I contacted a local shop to ask about having it installed professionally (to bend the hangers or even a pipe if necessary to get a perfect fit, and to get proper gaskets) and they said it would be somewhere between $100 and $150 to install.. maybe cheaper if I took the stock exhaust off myself to save them a little bit of labor.

It does come with downpipe as well by the way. It's never been run.. I did a test fit (when I found it needed a little adjusting), so i took it back off. It is brand new.. but will have a few dirty finger prints on it.

So I paid $425 for it.. cheap!
I got a partial refund of $100.

So I'm into it for about $325 right now.

If anyone local wants it.. i would sell it for $250. You can get it fit and installed and probably still be under $400. The exhaust is on ebay for $380, but not with downpipe. The combo pack is like $700 on ebay. So mine is way cheaper.. even after professional install.

You can find a few review threads on this site.. there are some youtube videos as well.. they have a nice sound.. supposed to be almost drone free due to the helmholz resinators, etc.. It's really an excellent value.

Anyone interested?
Hmmm PM incoming
Skidrcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #2286
R L Newb

Drives: LR BRZ Ltd, 06 STi
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurate Race Shop View Post
I have a clear bra that works pretty well if you can tolerate the line across the hood visible at some angles. And holy miles batman I thought I did a lot of driving at 33k since June of 2012 when I bought mine.

Sent from my Q10
If I could do it again I'd deal with the line. I'm not great with keeping my car detailed (anyone that's seen the cone scars on my STi can attest to that) but the spattering of rock chips bothers me.

I racked on miles because I worked 54.3 miles from my home for the first year and a half of ownership. Adds up quick! I had my buddy at a subaru dealer print off the official build sheet so I had the date of manufacture and tracked something like 108 mile a day average since birth till I moved to detroit. I did an oil UOA thread because I was burning through the 7500 mile interval so quick.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13286
R L Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #2287
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R L Newb View Post
I wish I had used something. 60k miles and my hood looks terrible! I think I tailgate too much...
Happens. Definitely need a clear bra for that. I might need to consider the cost of that on my next car.

I just moved to Michigan, WTF is with the rocks guys. I went to a dealer to get some touchup paint, 1 minute later, someone kicks up a rock that hit my hood, and then my windshield.
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 AM   #2288
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kberkel View Post
Happens. Definitely need a clear bra for that. I might need to consider the cost of that on my next car.

I just moved to Michigan, WTF is with the rocks guys. I went to a dealer to get some touchup paint, 1 minute later, someone kicks up a rock that hit my hood, and then my windshield.
I know exactly what you mean.. It seems like every time I drive on 75 I take some big rock off the hood. I stay off the highways as much as possible.

MI has the worst roads in the US.. terrible interstates, potholes and craters and crappy patch jobs that make up 50% of the road surface on most city streets and out in the country you have a 50/50 shot of the road even being paved. Its like living in the third world.
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #2289
Accurate Race Shop

Garage
My front bumper is pretty much repainted in touch up paint after one trip to California from Phoenix. After 3 hours of laying on the ground dabbing touch up paint on it I just went and had the clear bra put on. I think it cost me $650 if I do it again I am having them do the whole hood not just half way up.

Sent from my Q10
Old 05-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #2290
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Anybody up for a mini-meet this Friday evening? I was thinking dinner at a BW3's or something of that type around the Troy/Birmingham/Bloomfield area, then we can head to Woodward afterwards to hang out and see the sights.
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #2291
Accurate Race Shop

Garage
Quote:
Anybody up for a mini-meet this Friday evening? I was thinking dinner at a BW3's or something of that type around the Troy/Birmingham/Bloomfield area, then we can head to Woodward afterwards to hang out and see the sights.
A guy I met in the arizona 86 club will be up here this weekend he might want to come depending on the time and all that.

Sent from my Q10
Old 05-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #2292
kberkel

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I know exactly what you mean.. It seems like every time I drive on 75 I take some big rock off the hood. I stay off the highways as much as possible.

MI has the worst roads in the US.. terrible interstates, potholes and craters and crappy patch jobs that make up 50% of the road surface on most city streets and out in the country you have a 50/50 shot of the road even being paved. Its like living in the third world.
Won't keep me from driving the brz year around

Still, we need some street sweepers here or something

Quote:
ARG I really want to. I'll be driving to Chicago for a bachelor party.

Hope you guys do this often. My buddy has a Mustang GT at Cass Lake and has been wanting to cruise around Woodward now that the weathers warm.
kberkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #2293
Purdue FR-S
Boiler Up!

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
So... I should prolly get more involved here lol.

I /recently/ moved here... a year ago :P

I am available for a meetup
Purdue FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Purdue FR-S For This Useful Post:
Karigan (05-22-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #2294
CallmeDave

Drives: 13 BRZ, 07 WRX
Welcome!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #2295
CallmeDave

Drives: 13 BRZ, 07 WRX
Some pics I took from the BBQ, I couldnt stay to long but it was fun! Didnt see many twins though. https://www.flickr.com/photos/260560...7644684680256/
Purdue FR-S (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #2296
Purdue FR-S
Boiler Up!

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Awesome! Looks like it was fun. Wish I had known about it last weekend lol.
Purdue FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Purdue FR-S For This Useful Post:
CallmeDave (05-20-2014)