follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 05-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #24949
SpyderMS

Drives: 2014 BRZ - Crystal Black Silica
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Just wanted to publicly apologize for my part yesterdays events. I was keeping up with the other car, which likely encouraged him to tail, and eventually illegally pass the 4Runner that took our plates down. I did not realize we were driving on a road that had driveways leading directly on to it, and although I was certainly driving fast, I don't feel like I was driving in a fashion that was particularly dangerous to others. Certainly others may feel differently, and not only are they entitled to their opinions, but I would really appreciate the feedback. I drive with a number of members regularly and I don't think any of them would consider me reckless or dangerous to anyone but myself. I've already talked to Jeff, and contacted Kevin regarding his situation as well.

I will definitely try to be more aware of my surroundings and do everything to prevent that type of situation in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsides View Post
As I'm sure you probably know... I am very upset and disappointed in the actions of a couple people today. What was being done in my opinion was not at all the right road to be doing this on. 35mph zone. The people that were there know what I'm talking about and I will not go into detail or call names out. The 4runner that was ahead of you two, started writing down Lic plate numbers of the innocent people driving behind you. As we on to the 17 and are traveling, cops were waiting for us. The two people involved in the situation or no longer in the group traveling southbound. The cops were messing with all of the innocent people in this situation. Not cool. I put on the flyer to not be stupid. That was stupid. From what I understand, one of our members is sitting at a police station right now.
I spend a lot of time, energy, and money keeping this club active, putting things together, I don't want any bad press with our group.

Please use your heads. When other people/cars are around. Don't be stupid. You are asking them to call the cops.

If you want to drive how you want to drive. That's cool. Do it by yourself. If it truly becomes an issue and bring heat to the club. You just need to remove you decal. Then it's all about you.

Listen, I'm not trying to be a ****, I made several phone calls to people traveling behind me, I told them I'm not going to jail and trying to catch up to the people in front of me, they all agreed no problem we are in no hurry we will just follow you.

I'm just extremely pissed off at the situation.

In the future, if you bring heat upon the club we have. You will be kindly asked to remove the decal that represents us! It's "US". Not "YOU".

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
Old 05-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #24950
Gusha0426

Drives: 2013 Pearl white FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMS View Post
Just wanted to publicly apologize for my part yesterdays events. I was keeping up with the other car, which likely encouraged him to tail, and eventually illegally pass the 4Runner that took our plates down. I did not realize we were driving on a road that had driveways leading directly on to it, and although I was certainly driving fast, I don't feel like I was driving in a fashion that was particularly dangerous to others. Certainly others may feel differently, and not only are they entitled to their opinions, but I would really appreciate the feedback. I drive with a number of members regularly and I don't think any of them would consider me reckless or dangerous to anyone but myself. I've already talked to Jeff, and contacted Kevin regarding his situation as well.

I will definitely try to be more aware of my surroundings and do everything to prevent that type of situation in the future.
I wasn't worried about you at all man. I know how you are.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Gusha0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gusha0426 For This Useful Post:
SpyderMS (05-19-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #24951
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffsides
ALL ARIZONA FR-S/BRZ OWNERS HOME PAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusha0426 View Post
I wasn't worried about you at all man. I know how you are.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

John, It's not you or your ability to drive that we are worried about. It's doing stupid things on roads that are not roads to be doing this on. There is a time and place. This road is never the place. People were hanging out by their houses, other cars were on the road, it wasn't just the foreigner that called the cops it was people in their homes as well.

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
Gusha0426 (05-19-2014), SpyderMS (05-19-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #24952
SpyderMS

Drives: 2014 BRZ - Crystal Black Silica
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
John, It's not you or your ability to drive that we are worried about. It's doing stupid things on roads that are not roads to be doing this on. There is a time and place. This road is never the place. People were hanging out by their houses, other cars were on the road, it wasn't just the foreigner that called the cops it was people in their homes as well.
Yeah, and I can completely understand, and agree with that.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #24953
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
What road did this happen on? On the way up to Jerome?

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #24954
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffsides
Point of the matter is, it happened. It's done. I'm sick of talking about it. For everyone that it doesn't involve, it's time to move on. For the people that are still dealing with the repercussions are the only ones that this concerns in the future days/weeks

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
Old 05-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #24955
Celadrielas

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
With that said, I was playing around with theory for suspension and wanted to ask some of you with the front ties and sways but not the rear... have any of you tracked it? If so, do you see more push / stability in the turns or does it do the opposite of what I'd expect and make the car more tail happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #24956
AzFranz
Az to Nm to Az

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Rice85 View Post
Well welcome back man. Glad you made it back safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I appreciate it...I wasn't in a dangerous place this time. It was more the 196 days away from family, friends and of course my car.

I am actually moving in mid-August to Alamogordo New Mexico without my family for 2 to 4 years. That sucks so I am prepping my car to be a road warrior. You know, HIDs, exhaust, AOS, bushings...etc.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #24957
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight86 View Post
Some stuff up for grabs for you guys I have

Oem style mud guards used could use a cleaning $20 no hard wear
1 silver enkei rpf1 17x9 +35 with a g froce tire on it about 70% left $180
And a Rear lip from ebay only test fitted once didn't like it cuz I have one exhaust hole open .$40

No shipping just pick up guys 6025036833 for pictures if you wanna trade any of this lmk too doesn't hurt . I'm at work most the time so feel free to text me and I'll get back to you guys ASAP
If no one has dibs I'll take the mud guards.
EZWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #24958
bignrichlll
Because Bacon

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celadrielas View Post
With that said, I was playing around with theory for suspension and wanted to ask some of you with the front ties and sways but not the rear... have any of you tracked it? If so, do you see more push / stability in the turns or does it do the opposite of what I'd expect and make the car more tail happy

I havent tested mine on different settings(adjustable) but its pretty tail happy.. Dont get me wrong its more grip all the way around, and the front sticks like a mofo, but decievingly so. Because the back doesnt have the same limits. Id like to try something different myself before next time, just not sure what. Im not a suspension guy, I just know what I like when I feel it..
Old 05-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #24959
Shad0ez

Drives: 2013 Raven Black
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I'm sure @Ninjin would be able to provide some insight on the matter
Old 05-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #24960
FReSh_86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
I heard that place is beautiful

yeah its an awesome place to take pictures at.
FReSh_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #24961
Celadrielas

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignrichlll View Post
I havent tested mine on different settings(adjustable) but its pretty tail happy.. Dont get me wrong its more grip all the way around, and the front sticks like a mofo, but decievingly so. Because the back doesnt have the same limits. Id like to try something different myself before next time, just not sure what. Im not a suspension guy, I just know what I like when I feel it..
Are you on springs and struts too or just ties and sways? I feel like a stiff strut, moderate spring, and ties would be solid with a smudge of push in the nose. I feel like it would be more sparing on the tires to take just a dip off the tail happiness of our platform

Old 05-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #24962
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Point of the matter is, it happened. It's done. I'm sick of talking about it. For everyone that it doesn't involve, it's time to move on. For the people that are still dealing with the repercussions are the only ones that this concerns in the future days/weeks

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
Considering that it caused such a fuss, it would be nice to know where so that those of us who weren't there can be extra cautious in case someone calls the cops just b/c we were there.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum