follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2014, 02:40 AM   #1177
DC2R

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
That's because the dip region isn't even on the graph..... even the stock car won't show a dip if you start the run at 4k
Lol just noticed that. Wow. Just got back from dyno. It's 2:42 a.m. here. I need some sleep!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
DC2R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DC2R For This Useful Post:
Shiv@Openflash (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #1178
Gums

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Aussie G Rom ESC Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
G series ROM is now supported for Phantom ESC

Cheers,
shiv
Hey shiv@vishnu,

Loving your tune, this thing is awesome!

Thanks for your efforts.
Gums is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gums For This Useful Post:
Shiv@Openflash (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #1179
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post
Congrats on the wedding! Perhaps you can find a a way to use the OFT to modify her ECU as well!
Now there's an idea! Probably more useful after 13 years of marriage than for newlyweds, though.
1997 Honda Accord Coupe
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #1180
Wepeel

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
We do not disable any sensors in any of our OTS maps. You will have to do that yourself in Rom Raider.
So running the OFH+OFT w/OTS map we will still get a CEL?
Wepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #1181
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepeel View Post
So running the OFH+OFT w/OTS map we will still get a CEL?
No. They disable the CEL associated with running catless but leave the sensors active.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
cfordart (05-16-2014), Gums (05-17-2014), Luckrider (05-16-2014), Wepeel (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #1182
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnkelC View Post
Wedding 1.0 is a hopefully final and one-time upgrade, so better put all your efforts into this one!
I think everybody will understand if you take a few days off for this.
Bug Report - Wife 1.0

Last year, I upgraded my GirlFriend 5.0 to GirlFriend 5.1, which installed itself as "Fiancee 1.0". Recently, I upgraded Fiancee 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and it's a real resource hog. It has taken up all my space, and Wife 1.0 must be running before I can do ANYTHING. It is also spawning Child Processes which are further consuming system resources, although my friends tell me I should have expected that. Some applications, such as PokerNight 10.3, BeerBash 2.5, and PubNight 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all.
Additional plug-ins were automatically installed, such as Mother-In-Law 55.8 and Brother-in-law Beta .1, and there is no uninstall feature for these plug-ins. No mention of this behavior was discussed in the brochures or documentation, although other users have reported similar problems. Because of this, some users that I know have decided to avoid the headaches associated with these upgrades, and simply move from Girlfriend 5.0 to Girlfriend 6.0.
Unfortunately, this is not without peril as well, as all traces of Girlfriend 5.0 must be removed from the system before attempting installation of 6.0. Even then, Girlfriend 6.0 will repeatedly run system checks (usually in the background, and often late at night when the system is asleep) to find evidence of previous versions. To cap it off, Girlfriend 6.0 apparently has a nag feature reminding about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0. However, I do like some of the features that you are planning to include in the upcoming Girlfriend 6.1 release:
A "Don't remind me again" button
Minimize button
Shutdown feature
An install shield feature so that Girlfriend can be completely uninstalled if necessary (so you don't lose cache and other objects).
Unfortunately, since I've already upgraded to Wife 1.0, I don't think I will be able to take advantage of any of these new features, unless you decide to include them in the next Mistress release. But, of course, there is a whole raft of problems associated with the use of Mistress 1.0 and Wife 1.0 on the same system - most notably are system conflicts and continual disk thrashing, which starts shortly after Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 1.0. Interestingly enough, all versions of Personal Lawyer still work fine. Finally, Wife 1.0 apparently deletes all MSMoney files before uninstalling itself; following that, Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources. I personally find all these new tools and conflicts to be too confusing and time consuming. I'm sticking with Dog 1.0b3. It slobbers and chews up the paper, but all in all these bugs are tolerable. It is simple to operate and as long as I do basic maintenance we get along fine.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to mid_life_crisis For This Useful Post:
Andrew025 (05-16-2014), Annahra (05-16-2014), Cesium Rainbow (05-16-2014), cplabaunza (05-16-2014), djdnz (05-16-2014), enwave (05-16-2014), gabeg86 (05-18-2014), JonAvalon (05-16-2014), Luckrider (05-16-2014), Malt (05-17-2014), mx5 2nr (05-17-2014), Pistol (05-18-2014), RC51ed (05-16-2014), robwbright (05-16-2014), s2d4 (05-17-2014), Shiv@Openflash (05-16-2014), skye67 (07-05-2014), Sojhinn (05-16-2014), Squishy86 (05-16-2014), toyotaAlex (05-16-2014), toysub (05-22-2014), was385 (05-16-2014), WRB5titch (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #1183
Cesium Rainbow

Drives: '13 dgm brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
Bug Report - Wife 1.0

Last year, I upgraded my GirlFriend 5.0 to GirlFriend 5.1, which installed itself as "Fiancee 1.0". Recently, I upgraded Fiancee 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and it's a real resource hog. It has taken up all my space, and Wife 1.0 must be running before I can do ANYTHING. It is also spawning Child Processes which are further consuming system resources, although my friends tell me I should have expected that. Some applications, such as PokerNight 10.3, BeerBash 2.5, and PubNight 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all.
Additional plug-ins were automatically installed, such as Mother-In-Law 55.8 and Brother-in-law Beta .1, and there is no uninstall feature for these plug-ins. No mention of this behavior was discussed in the brochures or documentation, although other users have reported similar problems. Because of this, some users that I know have decided to avoid the headaches associated with these upgrades, and simply move from Girlfriend 5.0 to Girlfriend 6.0.
Unfortunately, this is not without peril as well, as all traces of Girlfriend 5.0 must be removed from the system before attempting installation of 6.0. Even then, Girlfriend 6.0 will repeatedly run system checks (usually in the background, and often late at night when the system is asleep) to find evidence of previous versions. To cap it off, Girlfriend 6.0 apparently has a nag feature reminding about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0. However, I do like some of the features that you are planning to include in the upcoming Girlfriend 6.1 release:
Minimize button
Shutdown feature
An install shield feature so that Girlfriend can be completely uninstalled if necessary (so you don't lose cache and other objects).
Unfortunately, since I've already upgraded to Wife 1.0, I don't think I will be able to take advantage of any of these new features, unless you decide to include them in the next Mistress release. But, of course, there is a whole raft of problems associated with the use of Mistress 1.0 and Wife 1.0 on the same system - most notably are system conflicts and continual disk thrashing, which starts shortly after Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 1.0. Interestingly enough, all versions of Personal Lawyer still work fine. Finally, Wife 1.0 apparently deletes all MSMoney files before uninstalling itself; following that, Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources. I personally find all these new tools and conflicts to be too confusing and time consuming. I'm sticking with Dog 1.0b3. It slobbers and chews up the paper, but all in all these bugs are tolerable. It is simple to operate and as long as I do basic maintenance we get along fine.
Sounds to me like you're saying applying a ring on it = -5 hp.
Cesium Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #1184
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Bug Report - Wife 1.0

Minimize button
Shutdown feature

Lol awesome
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #1185
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Lol awesome
So old it's almost new.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #1186
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Maybe, you should let the man be happy with his choice (I know that I was, very, until she left this planet). No offense, but your past experiences even in jest, are not what everyone else can expect. Unless, you are truly trying to be funny, in which case (from an older standpoint) you failed. I don't believe that marriage is something to be taken lightly. @shiv, may God bless your marriage and future.

Quote:
Bug Report - Wife 1.0

Minimize button
Shutdown feature
Old 05-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #1187
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv14476 View Post
Maybe, you should let the man be happy with his choice (I know that I was, very, until she left this planet). No offense, but your past experiences even in jest, are not what everyone else can expect. Unless, you are truly trying to be funny, in which case (from an older standpoint) you failed. I don't believe that marriage is something to be taken lightly. @shiv, may God bless your marriage and future.
I understand where you're coming from, but it's pretty clear he was trying to be funny - and it was funny - even my wife thought it was funny and she's about as conservative on the marriage issue as they come... As did Shiv, apparently, based on his response to it.

Marriage ain't easy. If it were, 50% of people wouldn't be getting divorced - and a big part of that is the difference between the thought processes and approaches of the two sexes. Even the Bible says it won't be a cake walk - and the Bible's position is no fornication and no adultery. In contrast to staying single, the Apostle Paul had this to say:

"But those who marry will face many troubles in this life..." - I Corinthians 7:28

This article on the subject was pretty good - especially the last 7-8 paragraphs:

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...-and-marriage/

End OT post...
1997 Honda Accord Coupe
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #1188
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
pointing out the humor (or failure) in the first few hours, is just bad manners. This would be the job of the bachelor party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwbright View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but it's pretty clear he was trying to be funny - and it was funny - even my wife thought it was funny and she's about as conservative on the marriage issue as they come... As did Shiv, apparently, based on his response to it.

Marriage ain't easy. If it were, 50% of people wouldn't be getting divorced - and a big part of that is the difference between the thought processes and approaches of the two sexes. Even the Bible says it won't be a cake walk - and the Bible's position is no fornication and no adultery. In contrast to staying single, the Apostle Paul had this to say:

"But those who marry will face many troubles in this life..." - I Corinthians 7:28

This article on the subject was pretty good - especially the last 7-8 paragraphs:

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...-and-marriage/

End OT post...
Old 05-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #1189
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv14476 View Post
It's okay, I took it as a joke (as it was intended). It took some imagination to write which is what I appreciated. The luckiest day of my life was meeting my wife. Second luckiest day of my life was marrying her. Definitely change my life for the better. And I even got nice wedding pics (although I did have to pay $$ for them):

My wife will also be starting and managing in an animal rescue branch of Vishnu Tuning (yet to be named). That has also been a big part of my life and it's great to marry someone with similar passions. In the last 7 days, we've rescued a baby bird, a duck that got hit by a car (who unfortunately later died from internal injuries) and a wounded stray dog (who we fostered and, as of today, has been adopted by my parents!)

Last edited by Shiv@Openflash; 05-16-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
3essess (06-26-2014), 8686 (05-17-2014), DC2R (05-17-2014), Luckrider (05-17-2014), neutron256 (05-17-2014), OnkelC (05-17-2014), Pistol (05-18-2014), vynervt (05-18-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #1190
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
It's okay, I took it as a joke (as it was intended). It took some imagination to write which is what I appreciated. The luckiest day of my life was meeting my wife. Second luckiest day of my life was marrying her. Definitely change my life for the better. And I even got nice wedding pics (although I did have to pay $$ for them):

Looking sharp shiv !

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
chate (05-17-2014), Shiv@Openflash (05-16-2014)

Tags
#lolwut, divinecomedy, dopeandcashcabinet, free shiv now, goddamitimissedit, golden cage, i missed the show, looks good, missed the fun, omgbbq, shiv 2016, thefatandthefurriest