follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #113
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Drives: Ultramarine fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrSHAKE View Post
Here's my question:

I do a lot of home fitness. (Push ups, pull ups, sit ups, and curl 35lb dumbbells) what's a good effective everyday routine utilizing all of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're trying to do a full body workout as your only routine i would only recommend doing it for 3-4 times a week max. Do it every other day or once every two days. Your body needs time to recover. When doing body weight exercises i think push ups, pullups, and dips are awesome.

Pushups you have to aim for high reps because it's only 75% of your body weight. But don't add 25% on your back and consider it benching your body-weight, thats not how it works lol.

Pullups depending on what grip you use, you will use a different part of yourback. Wide grip is more of the outerlats/ rhomboids.

Close grip will effect the same parts but target the inner rhomboids more.

Rever close grip will work the biceps and inner rhomboids more.

I would try to get some jump roping in, probably like a minute between sets of intense jumping, that would help the legs and cardio as well.
Vincenttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #114
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas3wba0 View Post
Supplements are overrated... Just please don't be that guy who takes flexing selfies at the gym and posts them on instagram with #fitness #motivation #eatcleantrendirty #hardwork #progress (i could go on)
I would recomend taking pictures of yourself but not the whole showing it to the world thing. It's a good way to keep a journal of body physic over time.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #115
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
No worries.

And no troll here. Been messing with Subaru's for a long time, and know a few people on here in real life. Just don't like to see some bs getting posted.

Ask xxscaxx if I'm a troll
The info i give is what helped me out the most, it's up to people to determine if it was educational or not. I never said that they had to listen to it or that i was 100% right. Didn't think i needed a disclaimer. This is free info and other people normally charge 250 a month for a diet plan and 60 an hour for a pt.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #116
Spec C

Drives: lexus
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenttam View Post
The fastest way is to work on your form. You have people like richard hawthorn who weighs 135 but pulls 600 for reps. That guy is strong but his form is what helps him the most. Your form is what will get you to 600 but in the case of what will you you there the quickest...

You have to have a extreme calorie increase. Instead of dead lifting once a week start dead lifting three times a week. Get to a power rack and set up some spotting bars. Do some dead lifts from half way to lock position and some dead lifts on a negative. That means your ascended from the ground more than average. That will build your beginning pull. The halfway up pull will increase your lock. Each of these should be your 80-85% max for about 3-4 reps.

Imo the easiest way is to sumo deadlift. Smaller range of motion but it's still a legit pull. Get a comfortable belt because thats also considered legal. If you really want to hit that 600 might as well get some wrist wraps, a suit, some shoes, and chalk. Iunno how you want to hit your 600.

*i fed it*
So you deadlift sub 400lbs and know the fastest way to DL 600? Interesting. This is kinda what I am alluding to. You have no clue what it takes to build a 600+lb deadlift, yet you have no issues giving advice on it.

I am not trying to be a **** here, and I feel your intentions are good, I just feel like you don't have enough experience to be giving good recommendations. You are giving advice based on VERY limited experience.

It is like me reading some forums on building an fa20, and coming here starting a thread saying "If you need advice on building an fa20 post here" "I have never built an fa20, I bolted on an intake, and header though".

Quite a bit of what I am reading in here is suspect, and highly questionable.

D-

Last edited by Spec C; 02-03-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spec C For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (02-03-2014), Chee-Hu (02-04-2014), xxscaxx (02-03-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #117
ramiram1984

Drives: 2016 STi DGM
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
It's ok bro.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #118
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
So you deadlift sub 400lbs and know the fastest way to DL 600? Interesting. This is kinda what I am alluding to. You have no clue what it takes to build a 600+lb deadlift, yet you have no issues giving advice on it.

I am not trying to be a **** here, and I feel your intentions are good, I just feel like you don't have enough experience to be giving good recommendations. You are giving advice based on VERY limited experience.

It is like me reading some forums on building an fa20, and coming here starting a thread saying "If you need advice on building an fa20 post here" "I have never built an fa20, I bolted on an intake, and header though".

D-
But dude... he's been lifting for over 2.5 YEARS!!!
Attached Images

Chee-Hu (02-04-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #119
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
@Spec C is not a troll. He may look like one, but is not one

He is probably the most knowledgable person i've ever met when it comes to fitness/health. He also helped me lose 100 pounds and be in the best shape i've ever been in my life. Its been three years now just about that i've kept that weight off and its all because of him.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #120
whitefrs
Love Boost!!!!!!!!

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
what's your daily food intake?

how much beer/alcohol do you drink?

how much soda do you drink?
what's your daily food intake? Regular 3 Meals and junk food

how much beer/alcohol do you drink? once in a blue moon

how much soda do you drink? not a lot but i do drink iced tea
Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #121
STV3
Señor Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

D-
OK so instead of just sitting here and criticizing him for what he's said wrong, why don't you correct him and help contribute to this thread since you apparently know your ish. Because some one that's been on the forum for a year and decides his first post are going to be sarcastic pokes at someone who is just trying to help is indeed a troll.

The guy may not know as much as you but there's nothing wrong with him sharing what's helped him and if he says something incorrect then there's nothing wrong with you correcting him.
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to STV3 For This Useful Post:
Marchy (02-03-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #122
Spec C

Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
OK so instead of just sitting here and criticizing him for what he's said wrong, why don't you correct him and help contribute to this thread since you apparently know your ish. Because some one that's been on the forum for a year and decides his first post are going to be sarcastic pokes at someone who is just trying to help is indeed a troll.

The guy may not know as much as you but there's nothing wrong with him sharing what's helped him and if he says something incorrect then there's nothing wrong with you correcting him.
Unfortunately I can't go through every post in this thread and write a dissertation on why each point is poop. That isn't my point.

It has nothing to do with knowing as much as me(I don't claim to be a guru), it has to do with not knowing enough period, to be dishing out advice. Especially in an "ask me anything" type of thread.

My point is for the people considering following some of this stuff to consider the source, and do your own research. I hate to see people waste their time, or spin their wheels because they followed unsound advice, or advice from someone that doesn't really know what they are talking about, and is just regurgitating things they read online.

You can't blindly follow people like this. I would NEVER expect someone to blindly follow me. Put up or shut up. Show some people you have used these methods on, or show what you have done yourself.

As for contributing, I asked another member to post what they eat because I would gladly help out if I saw someone in need.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spec C For This Useful Post:
Chee-Hu (02-04-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #123
STV3
Señor Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't go through every post in this thread and write a dissertation on why each point is poop. That isn't my point.

It has nothing to do with knowing as much as me(I don't claim to be a guru), it has to do with not knowing enough period, to be dishing out advice. Especially in an "ask me anything" type of thread.

My point is for the people considering following some of this stuff to consider the source, and do your own research. I hate to see people waste their time, or spin their wheels because they followed unsound advice, or advice from someone that doesn't really know what they are talking about, and is just regurgitating things they read online.

You can't blindly follow people like this. I would NEVER expect someone to blindly follow me. Put up or shut up. Show some people you have used these methods on, or show what you have done yourself.

As for contributing, I asked another member to post what they eat because I would gladly help out if I saw someone in need.
I agree that the title of the thread could lead people to believe he knows a lot more then he actually does. To people that are forum noobs it could be misleading them to think he is a health and fitness expert, but he's obviously had some success and what he's learned in the few years he's been working out could help others.

Maybe its just that I've been using forums for a very long time and know how to pick bits and pieces of info from them to help me in my own research and I just assume everyone else knows how to do the same.
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #124
Spec C

It is VERY easy to sell yourself as an expert online. Especially to people who don't quite understand a topic. Some people see words they don't understand, on topics they don't understand, or someone rambling on in what seems like a knowledgeable fashion, and think "man this guy knows his stuff".

Again, all I am saying is consider the source. What have they done? Who have they trained? Have they built a respectable physique themselves?

Again, I would gladly help anyone. And I would gladly "put my money where my mouth is".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spec C For This Useful Post:
Marchy (02-03-2014), STV3 (02-03-2014)
Old 02-04-2014, 01:27 AM   #125
h4nh

Drives: Turbo BRZ & Supercharged E90 M3
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:

D-
He's giving generic advice and his honest opinions as stated. Nothing wrong with that. Every "body" works differently so there's not much of a cookie cutter plan if someone ask a generic question such as how to get big & dead lift 600. He does a pretty good job actually for the amount of experience he has.

And yes I do dead lift 600lbs raw @ 195lbs
h4nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #126
boxer 2.5

Drives: 2007 Impreza, 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenttam View Post
Height 5"10
Age 24
Weight 201lbs
body fat ~16%
Currently on a cut

Bench press 225 x3
squat 295 x2
dead lift 385 x2

So here goes, ask me anything, advice, diet, workouts. Lets go!!
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 157
Body Fat ~ 8.9%

Bench Press Max: 195 x3
Squat Max: 295 x2
Dead Lift Max: 400 x2

Previous boxer/wrestler/football.

Haven't worked out for about 8 months now and really feeling weird about going back to the gym.

This was me back in July.

Need to find some motivation.
boxer 2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote